Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sporto View Post
    Lactaid...it's actually not bad

Sporto
    haha never tried it, but if your drinking it, it must be alright

Comment

• layne, should fiber be avoided on refeed days?
      and from my understand High GI - non traditional bb foods are ok to use...i.e. lucky charms

Comment

• i would not say avoid it but you will get more of it just as a by product of grain intake
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
          i would not say avoid it but you will get more of it just as a by product of grain intake
          Ok I thought you were supposed to stay away from really fibrous things though, because they would not have as much of an effect on leptin.

Comment

• hey layne
            dave from chgo here..long time no talk..i was at the usa judging during day, u must have been there only at night show which i could not attend..how are things?? will u be in dekalb this sat?

Comment

• Trying the 4 week bulk, 2 week cut approach. When on the bulk should I just try to hit my macro numbers everyday(and cheat maybe once a week or so) and during the cut do the macros stay the same but just lower my maintenance calories by 500? Same foods, smaller portions?
              "Do Work"

Comment

• Layne, I have been looking, but my search has been in vain... or maybe it is because I do not know exactly what to look for...

But can you point me in the direction of some articles and journals online detailing protein, and the science behind putting the powders together, and the various forms (isolate, micro-filtered, etc.)?

Comment

• how about this: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne42.htm
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post

Thanks!!!

That is a good start!!

Comment

• Sup Layne, How's everything going sstaying busy bro thats good. Keep up the good work.

hey, What you think of waxy maize bro. I heard alot of talk about it at the World Championships while I was in Korea. alot of competitors take it.

Kiyoshi
                      kiyoshimoody.com
                      *TEAM GENR8* genr8speed.com

Comment

• Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                        K layne here is a hypothetical situation for your analysis (if you don't mind of course):
                        Since these things absorb slowly due to fat content, would this b OK from your viewpoint?
                        meal 1 early morning: 12 whole omega 3 eggs, scrambled
                        meal 2 afternoon: 1lbs. of meat, probably chicken or turkey, ground with maybe almond or some PB
                        meal 3 evening: another 1lb of meat, most likely steak or ground hamburg (since it has a higher fat content, slower for the night)

on training days: 1 shake after the workout with 50g pro and 50ish g of carbs.

perhaps not "optimal" but do you see a "problem" with it??

Thanks... just curious of your opinion.
                        Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                        how much time between each meal?
                        Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                        maybe about 6 hours or so.
                        6am
                        noonish
                        6pm

and the Post w/o shake would be right after training no matter what time training happened to be.
                        ?
                        Thanks in advance.
                        Joe

Comment

• i don't think 3 is optimal. I would try 4... that should be fine; then have 5g bcaa in between meals
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by The Natural One View Post
                            Sup Layne, How's everything going sstaying busy bro thats good. Keep up the good work.

hey, What you think of waxy maize bro. I heard alot of talk about it at the World Championships while I was in Korea. alot of competitors take it.

Kiyoshi
                            Hey Kiyoshi,
                            Between my obligations on various websites, graduate research, training, clients, grant writing, time in lab, traveling to shows, and wedding planning... starting to lose my mind LOL.

Waxy Maize is a highly branched polymer starch which has a high molecular weight and is very rapidly digested and released into the bloodstream; faster than dextrose. Whether or not this will impact body composition i'm not sure yet.

-Layne
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• hows it going layne? dave from chgo here

Comment

• are u going to dekal this sat??

Comment

Working...