Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    new personal record today

    front squats: 405 for 3 sets of 5.
    also set some records on GHR


    Layne "Face the Pain"
    All in the same workout of course. Good stuff Layne!!!
    What was the PR on GHR's?

    Question for you Layne. I've found that performing conventional deadlifts place a huge amount of stress on my lower back (I already have sciatic issues). Do you find doing them with a trap bar reduces the stress put on the lower back? Pros/cons?
    Assistant to the regional manager.
    Iron8 approved

    Comment


    • Originally posted by danb View Post
      cubs game, anytime my friend ...just give me a call....or Blackhawks, they are kickin butt..tickets are on me
      the hawks are doin surprisingly well arent they?
      If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
        All in the same workout of course. Good stuff Layne!!!
        What was the PR on GHR's?

        Question for you Layne. I've found that performing conventional deadlifts place a huge amount of stress on my lower back (I already have sciatic issues). Do you find doing them with a trap bar reduces the stress put on the lower back? Pros/cons?
        absolutely, allows the quads to get more involved
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DDD619 View Post
          the hawks are doin surprisingly well arent they?
          the hawks are the most exciting team in town, especially now

          Comment


          • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            new personal record today

            front squats: 405 for 3 sets of 5.
            also set some records on GHR


            Layne "Face the Pain"
            Awesome!!
            www.naturaliowamuscle.com
            www.heartlandclassic.com

            Comment


            • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
              absolutely, allows the quads to get more involved
              Thanks for the info.
              Assistant to the regional manager.
              Iron8 approved

              Comment


              • Layne,do you outline your diet like Dave does.I remember reading that you feel ketosis is not necessary for getting ripped.If possible could you put a sample plan of how you have your clients eat?

                I am doing Dave's plan but to be honest with you,I dontthink it works well for someone with a physical job.My biceps and back and legs are so depleted by midweek from the all day heavy lifting that I suffer in gym.Just now I crawled into the gym wondering wtf is wrong with me

                I did feel better when doing pro/carb meals in relation to the whole working out with my job.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  my previous conversations were regarding a long contest prep diet which is totally different than a 2 week cut TOTALLY different. In this case you are taking advantage of a metabolic swing. You'd want to increase them quickly
                  I have a question about your breaks in your cutting and bulking phases

                  you say for ~4-8 weeks (for both cutting and bulking) you train and diet hard then when you decide to take a small break for 1-2 weeks...

                  during those 1-2 weeks, how do you adjust your training (including cardio) and diet (for both bulking and cutting phases)

                  and when you do the 6-8 weeks of bulking then ~2 weeks of cutting, you are only changing up the diet? how does this factor in your "breaks" from hardcore training?

                  thanks! great thread

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    he is a new professional bodybuilder
                    Wow.. Congrats!! To both of you hope he enjoyed the post-binge.. looked damn dialed in on stage too; definately a Layne Norton client

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BULK_CITY View Post
                      I have a question about your breaks in your cutting and bulking phases

                      you say for ~4-8 weeks (for both cutting and bulking) you train and diet hard then when you decide to take a small break for 1-2 weeks...

                      during those 1-2 weeks, how do you adjust your training (including cardio) and diet (for both bulking and cutting phases)

                      and when you do the 6-8 weeks of bulking then ~2 weeks of cutting, you are only changing up the diet? how does this factor in your "breaks" from hardcore training?

                      thanks! great thread
                      I know that he tries to place the deload week during his mini-cut. I dunno if he does any more cardio... he already does HIIT on his 2 off-days... possible adds some low intensity cardio. he also does refeed days for his legs twice a week during the mini cut but he says that a refeed for a 2 week cut is unnecessary.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by topgunner View Post
                        Layne,do you outline your diet like Dave does.I remember reading that you feel ketosis is not necessary for getting ripped.If possible could you put a sample plan of how you have your clients eat?

                        I am doing Dave's plan but to be honest with you,I dontthink it works well for someone with a physical job.My biceps and back and legs are so depleted by midweek from the all day heavy lifting that I suffer in gym.Just now I crawled into the gym wondering wtf is wrong with me

                        I did feel better when doing pro/carb meals in relation to the whole working out with my job.
                        not sure i can outline things without making it totally free which would not be fair to me... i have put a ton of free info out there in my webcast, my blogs http://www.biolayne.com and my article http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm
                        BioLayne LLC
                        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

                        Comment


                        • Layne,

                          Any advice you can give for peaking for multiple contests...i have a nice spread of 4 shows that run consecutivley never done that many before..ne help would be appreciated..thanks
                          www.myspace.com/bucksweep85
                          "Insane is what the lazy call the commited!"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Supernothing View Post
                            I know that he tries to place the deload week during his mini-cut. I dunno if he does any more cardio... he already does HIIT on his 2 off-days... possible adds some low intensity cardio. he also does refeed days for his legs twice a week during the mini cut but he says that a refeed for a 2 week cut is unnecessary.
                            I was advised to do 1 refeed per week for a 2 week mini cut.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by captaincardio58 View Post
                              Layne,

                              Any advice you can give for peaking for multiple contests...i have a nice spread of 4 shows that run consecutivley never done that many before..ne help would be appreciated..thanks
                              When is your string of shows?? Hopefully in the spring, heaven forbid they would be during the holidays!
                              www.naturaliowamuscle.com
                              www.heartlandclassic.com

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by captaincardio58 View Post
                                Layne,

                                Any advice you can give for peaking for multiple contests...i have a nice spread of 4 shows that run consecutivley never done that many before..ne help would be appreciated..thanks
                                yea, don't pig out after any of the shows... it will screw you up for the following week. Also, don't cut water (this is a given anyway) but having multiple contests makes it even more pertinant. But if you are someone who cuts water you are probably so brainwashed at this point there is nothing I can do for you
                                BioLayne LLC
                                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X