Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne,
    are you bulking or cutting right now?
    please tell me your enjoying your Thanksgiving feast

Comment

• Originally posted by Rzilla View Post
      Layne,
      are you bulking or cutting right now?
      please tell me your enjoying your Thanksgiving feast

i heard pigging out on thanksgiving adds at least 25lbs to your front squat

true story

jk, everyone have a good thanksgiving

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        not sure i can outline things without making it totally free which would not be fair to me... i have put a ton of free info out there in my webcast, my blogs http://www.biolayne.com and my article http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm
        Thanks Layne.From what Ive read in your article it seems like a need a huge break from dieting.Its been like a year and I just need to relax and up my calories and build some muscle.Whats crazy is that last time I did this my love handles started to shrink.Strength went thru the roof also.

I see you recomend Sesamin.I have some kidney issues and insulin resistance so this looks like it may be very helpful for me.Plus it raises leptin levels which I feel are very low in my body fromtoo long of dieting.Can I take Sesamin while bulking?

Comment

• Hi Layne
          I'm dieting and my weight went down from 170 to 152-154 (5.5') in 5-6 weeks, but there stopped (ca.2-3 weeks and 9-10%). 1600 kcals (p:120g, f:40g, c:190g) and refeed once/week with 2200-2500 kcals. I'd like to lost 5-6 Ibs and stay there. Training: upper x 2, lower x 1, 3 x 30min run. intervall.
          Please your opinion:
          1. 2-3 weeks on 2200 then back to cut or
          2. going lower (what I don't really want...) or
          3. any other
          thanks all your help

Comment

• Originally posted by Rzilla View Post
            I was advised to do 1 refeed per week for a 2 week mini cut.
            How far over your maintenance do you go on your refeed or do you even keep track?
            "Do Work"

Comment

• Originally posted by topgunner View Post
              Thanks Layne.From what Ive read in your article it seems like a need a huge break from dieting.Its been like a year and I just need to relax and up my calories and build some muscle.Whats crazy is that last time I did this my love handles started to shrink.Strength went thru the roof also.

I see you recomend Sesamin.I have some kidney issues and insulin resistance so this looks like it may be very helpful for me.Plus it raises leptin levels which I feel are very low in my body fromtoo long of dieting.Can I take Sesamin while bulking?
              sure i think it works better while bulking honestly
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by petyo View Post
                Hi Layne
                I'm dieting and my weight went down from 170 to 152-154 (5.5') in 5-6 weeks, but there stopped (ca.2-3 weeks and 9-10%). 1600 kcals (p:120g, f:40g, c:190g) and refeed once/week with 2200-2500 kcals. I'd like to lost 5-6 Ibs and stay there. Training: upper x 2, lower x 1, 3 x 30min run. intervall.
                Please your opinion:
                1. 2-3 weeks on 2200 then back to cut or
                2. going lower (what I don't really want...) or
                3. any other
                thanks all your help
                that is very little info to go on... are you dieting for a show? how much do you weigh? how long do you have to get to your goal? what is your goal?

I can't pull this stuff out of my hat LOL

btw Happy thanksgiving to you and your families. Thanks for making the thread so successful
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  sure i think it works better while bulking honestly
                  Great!!What about GDA's?Right now i am eating 6 meals and using 10mg VS and 200mcg chromium polynicotinate per meal.Ive read that you recommend ALA instead.

Do you think that 100mg ALA/200mcg Chromium at six times per day is toxic to body?I really do respond well to GDA's.Woke up today very full and lean!!

Thanks....

Comment

• i'm just a not a big fan of chromium, I have yet to see any evidence it works in non-diabetics
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Texan9 View Post
                      How far over your maintenance do you go on your refeed or do you even keep track?
                      Maintenence x 1.2

Comment

Great!!What about GDA's?
                        What is GDA short for?

Comment

• HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!! Layne...thank you for everything that you have done for me, and all that you continue to do to help everyone on this thread. You are such a giving person, and I know you are only going to continue on being successful with your postitive attitude, passion and drive. You're an inspiration to many people in this sport. Thank you for being you
                          "You're either in or you're out, there's no such thing as life in between."

Comment

• Originally posted by west View Post
                            What is GDA short for?
                            Glucose Disposal Agent

Sporto
                            IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
                            Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

• Originally posted by Sporto View Post
                              Glucose Disposal Agent

Sporto
                              Ah. Thanks very much!

Comment

Great!!What about GDA's?Right now i am eating 6 meals and using 10mg VS and 200mcg chromium polynicotinate per meal.Ive read that you recommend ALA instead.

Do you think that 100mg ALA/200mcg Chromium at six times per day is toxic to body?I really do respond well to GDA's.Woke up today very full and lean!!

Thanks....
                                if you go the ALA route, don't forget about biotin.

Comment

Working...
                                X