Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HELPFUL DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO SEARCH LAYNE'S THREAD

    HELLO EVERYONE,
    I took the liberty of posting SPECIFIC directions on how to search for a topic you may have a question about on Layne's thread. Layne is very helpful, but there are many times that someone has posted a question that has already been answered....I hope this helps Here are the 7 steps:

    1 - Once you are on the website, click on "forums"
    2 - When the page appears with all of the forum sections, click on "search"
    3 - Under "search" click on the words "advanced search" written in blue
    4 - On the left side you will see a box to write "keywords" .....type in whatever you want to search for ex: diet soda, cereal, deadlifts. Keep the tab underneath that on "search entire posts"
    5 - Scroll down to the part that says Search Options - on the bottom left side it will say "show results as" - click on "POSTS"
    6 - On the bottom right side you will see something that says "search in forums" - scroll down a little and click on "Nattie Talk"
    7 - Click on the box in the middle that says "Search Now"

    SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST
    "You're either in or you're out, there's no such thing as life in between."

    Comment


    • thanks gina, i appreciate it. i hope i don't come across as arrogant, it's just that i get about 150 emails per day, plus grad school research, plus wedding planning, it helps if i don't have to answer questions multiple times
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

      Comment


      • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        thanks gina, i appreciate it. i hope i don't come across as arrogant, it's just that i get about 150 emails per day, plus grad school research, plus wedding planning, it helps if i don't have to answer questions multiple times

        Layne....you are not arrogant - it's like being in school and the teacher answers the same thing 5x. I felt the need to stand up for the teacher and explain how to search something.
        "You're either in or you're out, there's no such thing as life in between."

        Comment


        • Layne, If one is taking a week off from lifting weights because of surgical reasons should we continute to try and eat 6 meals with the same nutrition content?

          THANKS!
          Cancer SURVIVOR

          "Falling isn't FAILURE, FAILURE is not getting back up"

          Comment


          • Hey Layne,

            Long-time listener, first time caller. I was curious as to your opinion (or anyone with an opinion on the matter) on hang cleans and / or power cleans within a training regimen. I'm currently bulking and follow a training split similar to yours'. Mondays are upper body with primarily compound lifts, and was curious as to whether or not hang or power cleans would be beneficial.
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Deerod021 View Post
              Layne, If one is taking a week off from lifting weights because of surgical reasons should we continute to try and eat 6 meals with the same nutrition content?

              THANKS!
              sure, though i would lower calories slightly
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Nitrotank View Post
                Hey Layne,

                Long-time listener, first time caller. I was curious as to your opinion (or anyone with an opinion on the matter) on hang cleans and / or power cleans within a training regimen. I'm currently bulking and follow a training split similar to yours'. Mondays are upper body with primarily compound lifts, and was curious as to whether or not hang or power cleans would be beneficial.
                i think they are fine so long as they do not impede other lifts and you execute them with proper form
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

                Comment


                • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  gimmick
                  cheers for that

                  Comment


                  • Hey Layne,

                    What's your take on diet sodas?

                    Just Kidding!!! LOL
                    Republicans buy shoes too.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BPT20 View Post
                      Hey Layne,

                      What's your take on diet sodas?

                      Just Kidding!!! LOL
                      I'm pretty sure he thinks they give you brain cancer, heart disease, depression, diabetes, dementia, and that they severely weaken your bones and tendons.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BPT20 View Post
                        Hey Layne,

                        What's your take on diet sodas?

                        Just Kidding!!! LOL

                        LOL, I think he reads this so much he hears it in his dreams
                        Cancer SURVIVOR

                        "Falling isn't FAILURE, FAILURE is not getting back up"

                        Comment


                        • Layne:

                          I know you said raw eggs are less bio-available/digested compared to cooked. I found a study showing raw gets 50% absorbed vs 90% cooked. Now I'm looking at this on wikki about eggs. Consider this heat denatures egg protein but so does beating/blending etc See the whisk drags the liquid through itself creating a force that unfolds the protein molecules. And the air stress which causes the proteins to come out of their natural state denatures it too.

                          Forget the avidin/Biotin problem as the American Egg Board states you would have to consume 24 egg whites a day for that to happen. Which is GREAT to know!

                          But the issue is absorption of the protein to me. So what do you think about using physical stress from a blender instead of heat to denature egg protein?
                          "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

                          Comment


                          • Layne - does chewing your food denature the protein in it?
                            Troponin Nutritionist

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by COPA View Post
                              Layne - does chewing your food denature the protein in it?
                              I'm not him, but your teeth is the first step to your digestive system, they are needed to break down your food small enough for your body to be able to utilize it to it's full potential. Chew your food as best as you can, especially steak. Remember, your body utilizes what you CHEW not just what you swallow.
                              Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TheAnvil View Post
                                Layne:

                                I know you said raw eggs are less bio-available/digested compared to cooked. I found a study showing raw gets 50% absorbed vs 90% cooked. Now I'm looking at this on wikki about eggs. Consider this heat denatures egg protein but so does beating/blending etc See the whisk drags the liquid through itself creating a force that unfolds the protein molecules. And the air stress which causes the proteins to come out of their natural state denatures it too.

                                Forget the avidin/Biotin problem as the American Egg Board states you would have to consume 24 egg whites a day for that to happen. Which is GREAT to know!

                                But the issue is absorption of the protein to me. So what do you think about using physical stress from a blender instead of heat to denature egg protein?
                                from what i understand heat and acid are the only way to denature protein molecules. I highly doubt that a blender will do it.

                                -Layne
                                BioLayne LLC
                                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X