Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BULK_CITY View Post
    Calfs--

hey layne,

my calfs suck. I'm 6'2 with 16'' calfs (high inserts too) and i'm a hardgainer. My diet/cardio/training (other than calfs) is going really well. I've been doing DC training for the past 2 years so (which is calfs every other workout for 1 set of 10-12 reps with a 5sec neg, 15sec stretch and a hard flex at the top)...

this method isn't really doing much for my calfs (they have hardly grown in those 2 years whereas everything else has)

can you please give me some advice AND post your calf training? i read that you like to do high volume for your calfs. Please list the training in detail (reps/sets/with what part of split/amount per week/tempo/etc)

THANK YOU!
    calves are something extremely hard to grow... most people who have big calves... have always had big calves. Train them hard and heavy and like a made man. drop sets, super sets, giant sets, hard and heavy. I do over 30 sets per week for calves. my calves when i started were 11" now they are just under 17" not great, but a good improvement
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Layne,
      How have you been? Hope your working hard here before finals. I had a question of clavicles. I always hear this and that about someone with wide clavicles and narrow clavicles but its hard for me to get an understanding on. Can you give me an example?
      Thanks, good luck with school.
      NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• i assume they are referring to wide structure and narrow structure. not exactly clear on your question
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• I have always heard Cutler has wide clavicles and Phil Heath has narrow clavicles. What is the difference? Thanks.
          NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• one is wide one is narrow. not sure how to explain it more than that. one has a small bone structure... one has a large bone structure
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Ok I guess I was reading into it too much. How is school?
              NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• just got done writing a grant and starting another one. At this point it is not school, it is the research which is time consuming. I am traveling pretty much every weekend and when i'm not, i'm filming for my show/DVD plus trying to plan a wedding. I'm pretty much at my wits end
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Hang in there Layne..I'm sure things will calm a bit after the marriage..
                  keep up the great work, you have helped so many people already and further rewards will follow when school is done. Have a great one.

Comment

• thx rzilla and layne for the responses!

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                      just got done writing a grant and starting another one. At this point it is not school, it is the research which is time consuming. I am traveling pretty much every weekend and when i'm not, i'm filming for my show/DVD plus trying to plan a wedding. I'm pretty much at my wits end
                      And I thought I was busy with finals coming up. Hope everything goes well man. When is the wedding?
                      NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Layne,

When you are dieting down for a show, how often are you spiking your calories/refeeding and by how much?

Do you spike it if you notice your metabolism slowing down or do you have a certain schedule such as 3 low days followed by 1 spike?

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                          just got done writing a grant and starting another one. At this point it is not school, it is the research which is time consuming. I am traveling pretty much every weekend and when i'm not, i'm filming for my show/DVD plus trying to plan a wedding. I'm pretty much at my wits end

Layne....it is amazing that you can do all that you are doing and still manage to answer everyone's questions you are A WIZARD!
                          "You're either in or you're out, there's no such thing as life in between."

Comment

• Originally posted by sloh View Post
                            Layne,

When you are dieting down for a show, how often are you spiking your calories/refeeding and by how much?

Do you spike it if you notice your metabolism slowing down or do you have a certain schedule such as 3 low days followed by 1 spike?

You can find his general approach here.... http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

Keep in mind everyone's different. What works for others may not work for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by crou View Post
                              And I thought I was busy with finals coming up. Hope everything goes well man. When is the wedding?

i would tell you but i havent goteen my invitation yet .............we ARE invited right Layne!

just kidding, good luck at the wedding - you better not be sipping xtend and having grapefruit and sweet potatos at the banquet

i do hear xtend is good for some endurance - for the honeymoon that is.............sorry, i had to

Comment

• Hey Layne, do you train when your sick? I've got shoulders to train today, and I'm not sure if I should tough it out, or take the day off. I felt a cold coming on about 36 hours ago, I'm kinda congested right now, and just feeling a little lethargic and lightheaded. I've been worse, but I just want to know if training would be counter productive at this point. Can you build muscle while being sick if you back it up with solid nutrition and sleep?

Comment

Working...
                                X