Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tis why I ask your expert opinion. So the research generally seems to show EAA's and whey will effect muscle protein synthesis better than food proteins?

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/cgi/co...ull/288/4/E761
    Exogenous amino acids stimulate human muscle anabolism without interfering with the response to mixed meal ingestion

Have you taken a look at the above paper. It seems that meals are having a minimal effect on muscle protein synthesis and EAAs are having a large effect. The group getting the EAAs are getting more protein and calories from sugar than the control, so this is a confound but figure 5 still seems to show per meal MPS is greater from an intake of EAA's vs. a meal.

Comment

• I'm thinking Layne should be one of the athletes featured monthly in MD. Obviously this thread has taken off, and it would give Layne a place to publish an article each month and get his deserved respect..anyone else with me?

Comment

• Originally posted by JPhillips17 View Post
        I'm thinking Layne should be one of the athletes featured monthly in MD. Obviously this thread has taken off, and it would give Layne a place to publish an article each month and get his deserved respect..anyone else with me?
        That be a good thing...how ever MD is a more "un natural" mag...i dont think it would happen...be great if it did but dont think it will...just my opinion
        www.myspace.com/bucksweep85
        "Insane is what the lazy call the commited!"

Comment

• well eric broser is getting his natural section in the mag from what i understand. Although that was only after a rather large push on the forums.
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• hey

Do you calculate the protein needed from Lean Body mass only or TOTAL body weight. for example 1.5xLBM or 1.5xTOTAL weight (lbm+fat) ??
            "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

• LBM is probably a better way to calculate it
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Layne,
                Do you have a time frame for the next time you will be competing? I remember you saying you were taking off some time to let your body rest and put on some size but I dont remember for how long.
                NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• no not really, probably late 09 i guess
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Damn man! That's a long time. I saw you at the NANBF show in Chicago on Oct 27 and you looked like you had good size going. Why '09?

Comment

• -getting married in 08
                      -working on my PhD
                      -writing a book
                      -filming the video series
                      -filming my DVD
                      -working with about as many clients as I can handle; getting about 100-150 emails per day.

-Layne
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• im pretty sure he said next comp was 09
                        "Leg Day Is Business"
                        Layne Norton

Comment

• Layne,

I've been following you for quite some time, and props to you for how much you have going on and still staying current on this log. I too am doing extensive research, albeit not in a lab (working in Public Health, focus in Health Behavior at the University at Buffalo).

I read through every post in here over the last few days, and learned quite a bit, but I don't recall anything regarding Max-OT training. If you get a few seconds, I would just like to know your opinion of this training protocol.

Thanks a lot! And good luck on your pursuits!

Comment

• hey buddy, check out my article here http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne45.htm

i think that should help
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• That all makes perfect sense...Thanks a lot!

Now putting this info into practice, I have been doing all bodyparts twice a week, once in the 3-5 rep range, and once in the 8-10 range with a few "pump" sets to finish (15+). Even though I'm not hitting all the rep ranges in one workout, is this still an effective way to go about training?

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                -getting married in 08
                                -working on my PhD
                                -writing a book
                                -filming the video series
                                -filming my DVD
                                -working with about as many clients as I can handle; getting about 100-150 emails per day.

-Layne
                                To see you juggling all this makes me feel a little bit better about my schedule. Makes me realize there are others like there like me that go 100 mph all the time! Congrats on getting married (I know I told you before, but it's a big step).
                                TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                                www.fitcorps.net

Comment

Working...
                                X