Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is a pro show? i might go and watch, just depends on how much time i have. what is the date?
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Layne,
      Thanks bro for the link to your article! I was good to get some information that can pertain to natural bb. People try to give advice all the time on different stratagies on how to diet for a show and it can sometimes throw a question mark in ones plan. Looking on daves thread, he talks about the keto diet all day long but I feel that this diet is not meant for people like ourselves.
      I do have a B.S in exercise science and nutriton so I do understand the science of the diet but when it starts getting closer to show time you look for things to help give you an edge.
      Reading that article helped me feel more confident in what I was doing and I will continue to do that. Hopefully I will be the next musclemania fitness atlantic pro on april 28th.

Thanks again!!

Comment

• Layne,
        Another question. After I am done cutting I will concentrate on increasing my strenght for 3 months. I will do mostly compound movements. I think I am going to follow the advanced program. Here is the link http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=263train2
        If you find the time, I would like to know your opinion about the program. I will stay with the program untill my strenght gaines will stall. Then I will decrease the weight on the excersises a bit and add some other excersises into the program. To add volume and I try to do increase the weight on the main excersises again week after week, so in the end I have the same weight on the bar as when I did with the advanced program (with the less excersises) but with more volume. I think this will get my strenght up and after that with the more volume will increase hypertrophy. What do you think?

Comment

• routine looks very solid
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            routine looks very solid
            oke, thx again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smoothmold View Post
              Layne,
              Another question. After I am done cutting I will concentrate on increasing my strenght for 3 months. I will do mostly compound movements. I think I am going to follow the advanced program. Here is the link http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=263train2
              If you find the time, I would like to know your opinion about the program. I will stay with the program untill my strenght gaines will stall. Then I will decrease the weight on the excersises a bit and add some other excersises into the program. To add volume and I try to do increase the weight on the main excersises again week after week, so in the end I have the same weight on the bar as when I did with the advanced program (with the less excersises) but with more volume. I think this will get my strenght up and after that with the more volume will increase hypertrophy. What do you think?
              i dont know how people squat 3x a week? when i squat i am sore 4-5 days. and when i say sore i mean the handrails are my best friend
              2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

• the more frequent you workout the less you get sore. The best powerlifters squat FREQUENTLY... even up to 4x/week
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• I have read that the first 4 weeks or so your body has to adjust to the more frequent squatting. A lot of people will get more sore and/or can't squat as heavy as they used to. A lot will stop with more frequent squatting because they feel they are getting weaker. But when your body gets more and more adjusted you will become stronger and stronger. And you can make improvements.

Your body can handle a lot more then a lot of people think.

Comment

• exactly, the adaptation period takes time
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• yeah but how the hell can you squat with weight when it hurts to even sit on the toilet?

Comment

• well you don't squat heavy every single day
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• hahahaha i dont know any other way!?

Comment

• even if squatting 2-3x week with 1-2 heavy days is superior? And there is much evidence to support that having at least one lighter day is superior for strength and size than just straight up one workout per week
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                              even if squatting 2-3x week with 1-2 heavy days is superior? And there is much evidence to support that having at least one lighter day is superior for strength and size than just straight up one workout per week
                              Is that light with or without high intensity?

Comment

• not sure what you mean?
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X