Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EMN1/SS View Post
    Layne, I just purchased some Optimized Nutrition Instantized BCAAs after watching some of you vids on BB.com. What the best time to take them? The directions say they can be taken just about any time (with meals, between meals, pre-, during, or post workout) so I thought I would ask you. Also whats a good daily intake of them?
    Hey EMN1/SS,

Your question has been addressed in Layne's FAQ document. If you haven't read it yet, i highly suggest you download it and read it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zoks1edmbz

You will find many valuable information regarding training/nutrition/supps ... etc.

Anyway, the answers of your question taken from the FAQ are :

Recommended BCAA dosing:
    What is the recommended dosage to notice results with BCAA, because they are expensive and not to mention im in college , 5g pre/ 5 g post
    5g with breakfast, 5g preworkout, 10g post workout, 5g before bed would be very good

On BCAA supplementation on a tight budget:
    Guess bcaa's are out for me, that would run me like 60 dollars a month on top of food and my foundation supplements (whey,creatine,multi,antioxidants and fishoil)
    You could do 5g preworkout & 10g post and still get decent results

Hope that helps !

Comment

• hey layne my friend is doing a bet to see who can lose the most amount of weight in 11 days, winner gets 1000 bucks

whats a good way to drop water weight towards the end of the bet!

thanks for your help

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypertrophik View Post
        Hey EMN1/SS,

Your question has been addressed in Layne's FAQ document. If you haven't read it yet, i highly suggest you download it and read it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zoks1edmbz

You will find many valuable information regarding training/nutrition/supps ... etc.

Anyway, the answers of your question taken from the FAQ are :

Recommended BCAA dosing:

What is the recommended dosage to notice results with BCAA, because they are expensive and not to mention im in college , 5g pre/ 5 g post
        5g with breakfast, 5g preworkout, 10g post workout, 5g before bed would be very good

On BCAA supplementation on a tight budget:

Guess bcaa's are out for me, that would run me like 60 dollars a month on top of food and my foundation supplements (whey,creatine,multi,antioxidants and fishoil)
        You could do 5g preworkout & 10g post and still get decent results

Hope that helps !
        I can't open the file from there. I even created an account, saved it to the My Files and whenever I click it it opens a new explorer window with the original link. I also don't have MS Office Word on my PC so that may be part of the problem.

Thanks for the info.
        Dustin
        "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
        John Ruskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowt View Post
          hey layne my friend is doing a bet to see who can lose the most amount of weight in 11 days, winner gets 1000 bucks

thanks for your help
          Increase water intake, at least 2 gal. per day, and cut it off 6-8 hours before weigh in. Remember, to shed water you must take in water. Look up more info on Layne's FAQ. He addresses water and sodium manipulation in detail.
          " Sweat the details, it ALL matters"

Comment

• Originally posted by GameofInches View Post
            Layne,

Do you think it is a good idea to use a fiber supplement like: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/huskpow.html

I do not need one but do you think it would be optimal for someone to use? Thanks!
            I use it and like it. Keeps everything flowing, but while dieting, it also helps slow digestion and keeps you feeling fuller longer.
            www.naturaliowamuscle.com
            www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowt View Post
              hey layne my friend is doing a bet to see who can lose the most amount of weight in 11 days, winner gets 1000 bucks

thanks for your help
              i'm not comfortable giving advice on how to cut water because it is very dangerous and I don't want to be held lible for anything
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Happy new year to you and Isabel
                VP of Marketing for Nutrabio
                instagram @naturalguy2.0

Comment

• Hi Layne,
                  Happy New Year and may your muscles, knowledge and business GROW!

Paul.

Comment

• Layne,
                    Thanks for being a big part of 2007 for me, and I look forward to a quality mass building 2008 with your expertise! Thank you
                    "You're either in or you're out, there's no such thing as life in between."

Comment

• for sure! thanks for letting me help!
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• hey layne how do you perform your bb curls? do you keep your elbows in a locked position or do you allow em to come out so you can go full range of motion?
                        "Leg Day Is Business"
                        Layne Norton

Comment

• i allow them to move some on curls, but on some exercises like concentration curls I'll keep them in the same place
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• diet question..
                            i'm 6'7 ish, 245 lbs, about 14-15% bf, doing a monday/tuesday power day, then thurs/fri/sat hypertrophy workout, wed/sun is rest/cardio, and a couple days a week i do AM fasted cardio (it seems to work for me)..

i'm cutting right now, trying to get in the 8-9% range (which i've never been), going moderate carbs on monday/tuesday (only carbs are with breakfast, and pre/post workout, apprx 200g or so), no carb wednesday (higher fat), then pretty high carb (bout 300g) on my hypertrophy chest/back today, and super high carb (400g) on hypertrophy leg day, then back down to moderate for hypertrophy delts/arms, then no carb again on sunday, taking in apprx 300-320g proteins, and low fat on high carb days, mod fat on moderate carb days, and higher fat on no carb days

any advice/suggestions?

Comment

• i'm not a big fan of no carb days; you essentially are forcing your body to adapt to huge metabolic swings in fuel selection in a short period of time
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                i'm not a big fan of no carb days; you essentially are forcing your body to adapt to huge metabolic swings in fuel selection in a short period of time

any suggestions on when/how many carbs to take those days, my body doesn't handle carbs too well man, i store mass amounts of fat in hips/stomach area when i eat a lot of carbs, granted, my strength goes through the roof, but my bodyfat skyrockets, ..

you think i should, at the very least, on my low carb days have SOME with breakfast and a little pre/post wo?

Comment

Working...
                                X