Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i would take them to 75g & keep fat moderate
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Layne, since your on the carb topic, how do feel about what your friend Marc and his bulking on NO carbs. I just looked at his journal on OCB and what a freak! He looks amazing. I know he talks about preventing diabetes and such, but how can that be healthy taking in that many calories with no carbs?

Comment

• Layne - what's your thoughts on pumkin as a carb source? Not pie or pie mix but pure pumkin puree. thx

Comment

• Originally posted by waugie14 View Post
          Layne, since your on the carb topic, how do feel about what your friend Marc and his bulking on NO carbs. I just looked at his journal on OCB and what a freak! He looks amazing. I know he talks about preventing diabetes and such, but how can that be healthy taking in that many calories with no carbs?
          nothing wrong with it; though i prefer carb in the offseason, low carbs will not hurt you
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by unoigo View Post
            Layne - what's your thoughts on pumkin as a carb source? Not pie or pie mix but pure pumkin puree. thx
            not sure, haven;'t really looked at it much
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Layne or anyone else who can answer this question

Im experimenting with a 5 day cut/5 day bulk diet for 40 days. I cant work out upper body for about a month casue i have partial tears in both my RCs and was wondering is it bad to diet while u cant workout that much of the body? Will the calory deficit and my upper not getting stimulated cause me to break down muscle quickly or can i keep doing this?

Thanks

Comment

• layne, what amount of carbs would be dangerous for someone to ingest(per day) if diabetes runs in their family?

Comment

• Originally posted by warbird00 View Post
                  Layne or anyone else who can answer this question

Im experimenting with a 5 day cut/5 day bulk diet for 40 days. I cant work out upper body for about a month casue i have partial tears in both my RCs and was wondering is it bad to diet while u cant workout that much of the body? Will the calory deficit and my upper not getting stimulated cause me to break down muscle quickly or can i keep doing this?

Thanks
                  I wouldn't recommend it as if you are in a calorie deficit, your body will likely sacrafice muscle tissue if it has no reason to hang on to it (ie through weight training). I would pound lower body and do cardio, keeping your calories just above baseline. While you don't want to be in a deficit, got to be careful about adding the extra bodyfat during this time.
                  www.naturaliowamuscle.com
                  www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• I coach youth football in the fall and i ahve some kids who have trouble making weight, i never really give them ne specific things to eat it ends up more or less of what not to eat, this year i have parents comming to me asking for advice to keep theres kids weight in check, do you have ne advice?
                    www.myspace.com/bucksweep85
                    "Insane is what the lazy call the commited!"

Comment

• these kids range for 9-11 yrs old, weight class is 100 lbs thanks again
                      www.myspace.com/bucksweep85
                      "Insane is what the lazy call the commited!"

Comment

• Originally posted by laskerja View Post
                        layne, what amount of carbs would be dangerous for someone to ingest(per day) if diabetes runs in their family?
                        that's a really hard quesiton to answer with only one piece of info. anything else you can tell me?
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by captaincardio58 View Post
                          I coach youth football in the fall and i ahve some kids who have trouble making weight, i never really give them ne specific things to eat it ends up more or less of what not to eat, this year i have parents comming to me asking for advice to keep theres kids weight in check, do you have ne advice?
                          cut out the sodas and cut out the candy. that should do it
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Ive heard you have a good aplication for BCAA's, pls could you post whats worked best for you? Ive seen many ways BB's use these and some with outstanding results.
                            marcus

Comment

• few ?'s if you don't mind:

1- in fats, what is the optimal ratio of omegas (ie - omega 9: omega 6: omega 3 :: 6:3:1)

2- i have lower back problems (stiffness, kinda sore after deadlifts/leg day); how should I go about strengthening it?

my split:
                              chest/bi
                              legs
                              off
                              back
                              shoulders/tri
                              off
                              off

note - I don't do squats b/c it fryes my lower back too much

Comment

• Layne, do you see any benefit to cissus beyond tendon/ligament repair? Do you believe the claims that it is anti-catabolic?

Comment

Working...
                                X