Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne,

I would like to know what your thoughts are on CLA. It seems that there are alot studies claiming fatloss..

Thanks

Comment

• i was thinking about what you said in your 2 part thing ON no bull radio you do cardio in the offseason on off days, are these days high intensity cardio u said you like to sprint, would the stepmill qualify enough to be high intensity??...a lot of DC guys talk bout morning cardio when they are in offseaosn to increase appetite what would your recommendation be for offseason cardio?
      www.myspace.com/bucksweep85
      "Insane is what the lazy call the commited!"

Comment

• Layne - After reading through Tommy's journals and then your article on ALA, I think I'm gonna give it a try; 300mg pre and post WO.

Question though.... I'm cutting and on refeed days I have a PWO shake consisting of WMS, Matlo and BCAAs - about 50g CBO total. 30 mins later I have a whole food meal that also consists of 50g CBO. Should I take the ALA with PWO shake or whole food meal? Thanks!

Comment

• Layne what is your dream supplment regimen, timing, and dosage? I dont mean what u take, but ifu could?
          As always i want to thank u and tell u how much i apprciate u posting on this board and spreading your wealth of knowledge.
          Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus300 View Post
            Ive heard you have a good aplication for BCAA's, pls could you post whats worked best for you? Ive seen many ways BB's use these and some with outstanding results.
            please please please please read my FAQ
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by BULK_CITY View Post
              few ?'s if you don't mind:

1- in fats, what is the optimal ratio of omegas (ie - omega 9: omega 6: omega 3 :: 6:3:1)

2- i have lower back problems (stiffness, kinda sore after deadlifts/leg day); how should I go about strengthening it?

my split:
              chest/bi
              legs
              off
              back
              shoulders/tri
              off
              off

note - I don't do squats b/c it fryes my lower back too much
              i think 4:1; your back should be gettting stronger from deads... the fact that it's sore is because you worked it out hard
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Rzilla View Post
                Layne, do you see any benefit to cissus beyond tendon/ligament repair? Do you believe the claims that it is anti-catabolic?
                i am skepetical of that
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Apex23 View Post
                  Layne,

I would like to know what your thoughts are on CLA. It seems that there are alot studies claiming fatloss..

Thanks
                  the results are varied, it seems it works but you hvae to use the proper isomer
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by captaincardio58 View Post
                    i was thinking about what you said in your 2 part thing ON no bull radio you do cardio in the offseason on off days, are these days high intensity cardio u said you like to sprint, would the stepmill qualify enough to be high intensity??...a lot of DC guys talk bout morning cardio when they are in offseaosn to increase appetite what would your recommendation be for offseason cardio?
                    well i think you answered the quesiton already, I recommend high intensity; most apparatus will work so long as you get your heart rate up to around 90% of your maximum
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by unoigo View Post
                      Layne - After reading through Tommy's journals and then your article on ALA, I think I'm gonna give it a try; 300mg pre and post WO.

Question though.... I'm cutting and on refeed days I have a PWO shake consisting of WMS, Matlo and BCAAs - about 50g CBO total. 30 mins later I have a whole food meal that also consists of 50g CBO. Should I take the ALA with PWO shake or whole food meal? Thanks!
                      i would take it with the first one
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by chasebny View Post
                        Layne what is your dream supplment regimen, timing, and dosage? I dont mean what u take, but ifu could?
                        As always i want to thank u and tell u how much i apprciate u posting on this board and spreading your wealth of knowledge.
                        please read my FAQ
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                          please please please please read my FAQ
                          And where is that?
                          marcus

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus300 View Post
                            And where is that?
                            Marcus,

First post on this page is a link to download his FAQ:
                            http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...=4226&page=172

Comment

• Hi Layne, just curious if you'll be doing the Ohio natural show this year in Cleveland, i believe its on March 31st. Thanks for all you put into the site,good luck in the future..
                              “War is peace.
                              Freedom is slavery.
                              Ignorance is strength.”
                              ― George Orwell

Comment

• no, no shows for me this year, getting married
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment