Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Layne lay out his TRAINING PROGRAM on this thread?

I'm prepared to go through the thread and look for it if I know it's there...

I know he hit each body part twice a week, one days power one day volume...but does he lay it out any where in detial?

Thanks heaps...appreciate it!

Comment

• http://www.mediafire.com/?2zoks1edmbz

all of your questions answered here

Comment

• Layne,
        I've been following your contest diet from your article on bb.com for the last couple of weeks, and had a question regarding re-feed days on your diet. When calculating carbs during re-feed days, do you follow the same percentage breakdown (15% of daily carbs at breakfast, 35% 1.5-2 hrs. prior to working out, 20% during w/out, 25% post w/out, 5% throughout the rest of the day) as non-refeed days?

The reason I ask is because during refeed days, based on that percentage breakdown, I should be taking in 105g carbs 1.5-2 hours prior to working out. I just wasn't sure if thay many carbs in one sitting were a good idea. Maybe I'm mistaken.

NT
        Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall.

Comment

• good question, and no, I spread them out significantly more
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            good question, and no, I spread them out significantly more
            Thanks!
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall.

Comment

• Hi Layne.

Do you know the physiological mechanism behind the difficulty to sleep while on a diet? Is there a supplement one can take to combat it, or are we just stuck with poor sleep when dieting?

Comment

• i've never heard of this
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

i've never heard of this
                  Really? You never struggle to sleep when at the end of a diet?

Comment

• Originally posted by waz1 View Post
                    layne how would i stop burning up muscle during a hard mma,grappling or thai boxing session?would i ingest more calories b4 training or more BCAA"s??

Comment

• Originally posted by west View Post
                      Really? You never struggle to sleep when at the end of a diet?
                      I had that problem- would wake up too early starving. Eating a protein bar or a little food in the middle of the night (3am) helped me. I think Layne does the same thing, although it's not related to his sleep issues- it's just a way to fit in more protein.

Comment

• Originally posted by waz1 View Post
                        are you cutting weight for a fight right now or now? and if you have a fight coming up how far away and how far above your fighting weight are you?
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• I also have trouble sleeping sometimes when I'm dieting down. Do you know what some causes of this could be?
                          Thanks.
                          Republicans buy shoes too.

Comment

are you cutting weight for a fight right now or now? and if you have a fight coming up how far away and how far above your fighting weight are you?
                            no im not cutting for a fight...if i was to fight id cut to middleweight..im a coach and trainer...ive got be in decent shape to spar with my students...im trying to buildmuscle to look in ok shape on the beach lol i know bbding and mma training conflict. i dont really want to go below 200 and if i could if it was possible stay at around 210...i maye be fighting in august depending on other commitments cheers

Comment

• then i think yes, BCAAs, creatine, & beta-alanine are musts for you. as well as a sports drink like gatorade while you are training
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• thanx layne,so would the bcaas be taking 5 gramms b4 mma spaaring 5 after or more?and should the gatorade be sipped during workout or drank b4?would vitargo be as good?also il hopefully be using your personal training services in the nxt week or 2..

Comment

Working...
                                X