Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you say 'lighter day' just wondering whether you mean to use lighter weights and back off the intensity (ie, stopping well short of failure) or use lighter weights with equal intensity as the heavy days.

Comment

• Originally posted by west View Post
      When you say 'lighter day' just wondering whether you mean to use lighter weights and back off the intensity (ie, stopping well short of failure) or use lighter weights with equal intensity as the heavy days.
      if i'm doing 3x/week then one day is heavy, one day is light shy of failure, and one day is light but closer to failure
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Pearce View Post
        Hey Layne,

I am going into the june 30th IDFA toronto classic.. i just wanted to thank you for the bodybuilding.com pre-contest page you posted, its helped me team down a good chunk of fat, and i hope that it will elad me to victory in my novice show... ill be entering the contest at a projected weight of 215 and at a height of 6' 2.5"

thanks again Layne

-Jeff
        no problem jeff, please keep us updated on how it goes ok?
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Layne, the date is June 9th. It is a pro/am show.

When powerlifters lift 2-3 times a week, don't they only do 1 or 2 sets with 1,2 or 3 reps at a workout? It's almost like an entire workout spread out over a week.

I'm not sure I see the point of a 'lighter' day. Can you explain the reasoning?

Comment

• not really, powerlifters often use a lot of volume. I routinely know powerlifters who will do well over 10 sets on a given exercise
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Can we have some discussion on the 'lighter day' workout? I hear people talk about it. I'm not sure I agree with it. Just looking for some talk about it.

Layne, let me know if you can make it down the 9th of June. I finally think Chris is eating enough. He should be a lot bigger this time than when you competed against him.

Comment

• just because a workout is 'lighter' does not mean you are not stimulating muscle tissue and additionally it also facilitates blood flow to that area. I can tell you right now it certainly enhances recovery by taking advantage of the repeated bout effect
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• so would you suggest maybe doing 3-5 light sets the day after training a muscle to get a little pump and blood flow? do you do this?
                  2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

• Originally posted by adambombbis View Post
                    so would you suggest maybe doing 3-5 light sets the day after training a muscle to get a little pump and blood flow? do you do this?
                    i do one heavy workout per week focussing on 3-8 reps going as heavy as I can on compound movements, still pretty high volume, then later in the week I go lighter for 10-20 reps with more volume but not as much failure as I do earlier in the week.

My legs NEVER grew off one time per week shit. I started training 2x/week and everyone said I would overtrain; low and behold my legs actually grew, the science supports it as do my experiences with myself & my clients

-Layne
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Hi Layne
                      Before contest should I stop (and when) eating, drinking:
                      -fat free C.Cheese (200g/day)
                      - eggs
                      - sweeteners, light cola etc. ?
                      Thanks
                      peter

Comment

• Sorry Layne one more: bodyfat setpoint. Can it change in a good way or getting worse with age? Thanks

Comment

• There is very little anecdotal and no scientific evidence to suggest that you can lower it, but you can certainly make it higher if you let your bodyfat get too high (only if you go significantly over your normal bodyfat).
                          -Layne
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by petyo View Post
                            Hi Layne
                            Before contest should I stop (and when) eating, drinking:
                            -fat free C.Cheese (200g/day)
                            - eggs
                            - sweeteners, light cola etc. ?
                            Thanks
                            peter
                            unless you have an allergy to eggs there is no reason to cut them out. sweeteners are probably fine, i'd cut cola out just a few days beforehand as the carbonation can make your stomach fill up slightly and i'd cut dairy out a few days before just to be safe in case you have a slight allergy
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• As some of you may know I've been helping Scivation design a fatburner over the last year and I'm really excited about it. It just came out after a full year of research & development. Check it out and check out the write up... I even get a shout out :showoff: http://www.dialene4.com/

/end pimping
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• whats the deal with the team scivation thing?
                                2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

Working...
                                X