Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by west View Post
    I cringe for your shoulder joints.
    i tend to agree
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Layne,

Have you ever had anyone who had a hard time getting their UPPER body in rather than their lower body on a contest prep? If so, what did you do for them?
      www.ironbrendan.com

Comment

• depends... if they have a lot of leg mass, I will cut their kcals decently low, if they don't have a lot of leg mass to spare then i will not cut kcals so much but have them doing more upper body based cardio like boxing, medicine ball throws, or rowing machine cardio
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• even your fiance is lifting???? how long has she been at it? lol thats awesome you get to workout with your loved one
          "Leg Day Is Business"
          Layne Norton

Comment

• Originally posted by gainmusclefast View Post
            even your fiance is lifting???? how long has she been at it? lol thats awesome you get to workout with your loved one

Layne knows what's up

my fiance was spotting me the other day and some dude ran over and goes "I'll get him" and she said "I'm entirely capable myself thanks"

lol
            MorphogenNutrition.com
            Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
              Layne knows what's up

my fiance was spotting me the other day and some dude ran over and goes "I'll get him" and she said "I'm entirely capable myself thanks"

lol
              thats so awesome
              "Leg Day Is Business"
              Layne Norton

Comment

• Originally posted by gainmusclefast View Post
                even your fiance is lifting???? how long has she been at it? lol thats awesome you get to workout with your loved one
                she has been at it for some time. people ask her all the time if she is doing a show. wait til you see her back!
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  she has been at it for some time. people ask her all the time if she is doing a show. wait til you see her back!
                  Was she into it before she met you?

Comment

I cringe for your shoulder joints.
                    I think he drinks WD-40 for his joint support though.
                    Republicans buy shoes too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPT20 View Post
                      I think he drinks WD-40 for his joint support though.
                      That shit tears my guts to shreds.

Comment

• Layne - I loved the last episode so much I just gave you a plug and put the link on my thread What is the next one going to be about?
                        "You're either in or you're out, there's no such thing as life in between."

Comment

• well some news tonight. My competitive spirit has really been weighing on me lately. I have at least about another 1.5-2 years before i step onstage again and I've really been aching to compete. So I have been thinking of testing natural raw powerlifting. I conservatively looked at my lifts and checked out where i would place... ends up I would be around top 25 nationally with my lifts. So tonight I decided to go in and just go nice and easy and see about what my squat one rep max was. I have not regularly done back squats in over a year now; been doing only front squats. My personal record on squats was 455 for 3 (not great reps) so I said if I hit 455 for 1 i'd be happy.

So I warm up and start singles

405 X 1 easy
                          then 455 X 1 was even easier than 405

So I decide to go for 475 for a single. This is more weight than I've ever had on the bar before. I hit that and it felt even better than 455.

So obviously I have to go for 495 (5 plates). This is again more weight than I've ever had on the bar. I get under the bar, walk it out, go down almost too far (Isabel said my ass was near my ankles) as I'm trying to squat to parallel to maximize quad involvement (my glutes & hams are big enough) and press it up no problem. ALMOST 500 LBS FOR ME! I was so excited. Especially after not squatting for a year! I think realistically I can get my squat around 550-575 by fall for a meet.

My deadlift PR is 545 (and that was after doing 405 for 5 on front squats) so I feel I could probably get near 600 lbs for deads.

My best bench is 315 for 5-6 so I think I could be around 350 on that. So I'm really excited, now I have a goal and I am going to make it happen!

-Layne
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

ends up I would be around top 25 nationally with my lifts.
                            Yeah, no shit. I've actually seen very few juicers that were as strong as you.

How wide was your squat stance? If you weren't doing it power lifting style, you'd probably get even more weight.

Props.

Comment

Yeah, no shit. I've actually seen very few juicers that were as strong as you.

How wide was your squat stance? If you weren't doing it power lifting style, you'd probably get even more weight.

Props.
                              wider than shoulder width; however not super wide
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

well some news tonight. My competitive spirit has really been weighing on me lately. I have at least about another 1.5-2 years before i step onstage again and I've really been aching to compete. So I have been thinking of testing natural raw powerlifting. I conservatively looked at my lifts and checked out where i would place... ends up I would be around top 25 nationally with my lifts. So tonight I decided to go in and just go nice and easy and see about what my squat one rep max was. I have not regularly done back squats in over a year now; been doing only front squats. My personal record on squats was 455 for 3 (not great reps) so I said if I hit 455 for 1 i'd be happy.

So I warm up and start singles

405 X 1 easy
                                then 455 X 1 was even easier than 405

So I decide to go for 475 for a single. This is more weight than I've ever had on the bar before. I hit that and it felt even better than 455.

So obviously I have to go for 495 (5 plates). This is again more weight than I've ever had on the bar. I get under the bar, walk it out, go down almost too far (Isabel said my ass was near my ankles) as I'm trying to squat to parallel to maximize quad involvement (my glutes & hams are big enough) and press it up no problem. ALMOST 500 LBS FOR ME! I was so excited. Especially after not squatting for a year! I think realistically I can get my squat around 550-575 by fall for a meet.

My deadlift PR is 545 (and that was after doing 405 for 5 on front squats) so I feel I could probably get near 600 lbs for deads.

My best bench is 315 for 5-6 so I think I could be around 350 on that. So I'm really excited, now I have a goal and I am going to make it happen!

-Layne
                                Go for it Layne!

How would your training change up for it or havent you thought that far yet?

Just dont you be converting from BBing to PLing completely!!

Comment

Working...
                                X