Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rockhard View Post
    Layne, I have noticed something the past two seasons that I don't understand. I eat low to moderate carbs ( 100-150g) during the week, and on Mon. and Thurs. raise them to 300g. 150g of that is in my final meal of the day. Without fail, the morning after my weight is down exactly 2 lbs. I would think that with restored glycogen and the water with it my weight would increase. This is not a one time thing, it happens like clockwork. What would be the reason, as it is counter to what I think should occur. Thanks and keep up the good work.
    your weight goes up the following day right?
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Layne, when is the best time to check BF%? Does it matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        your weight goes up the following day right?
        No, it goes down. This past Thursday morning my weight was 176, I ate double my normal carb intake, and Friday morning my weight was 172. I have noticed this for the past 2 seasons. I have two high carb days a week, and without fail the next day my weight is down exactly 2 lbs. Any logical explanation? Thanks.
        " Sweat the details, it ALL matters"

Comment

No, it goes down. This past Thursday morning my weight was 176, I ate double my normal carb intake, and Friday morning my weight was 172. I have noticed this for the past 2 seasons. I have two high carb days a week, and without fail the next day my weight is down exactly 2 lbs. Any logical explanation? Thanks.
          Damn, that's odd.

Comment

Are the higher carbs causing you to go to the bathroom. When I diet I tend to get a little constipated on the days I eat a little more it causes me to drop a monster so instead of weighing more the next day because of the extra food I weigh the same or less.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he meant the next day, i.e. the second day after the higher carb day.

I would guess the 2 pound drop is water; the higher insulin levels on the high carb day have a diuretic effect, so you are holding less water the morning after.
              Ever notice you pee a lot on high carb days?
              Troponin Nutritionist

Comment

• Originally posted by COPA View Post
                I'm pretty sure he meant the next day, i.e. the second day after the higher carb day.

I would guess the 2 pound drop is water; the higher insulin levels on the high carb day have a diuretic effect, so you are holding less water the morning after.
                It is the day after my high carb days. I have been doing this in my last two seasons contest prep, and it is always a 2 lb. drop the morning after a high carb day. I do not seem to urinate more or eliminate anymore due to the extra fiber. All of that stays right on schedule. I am baffled because it goes against what should be expected with loaded glycogen and the water that goes with it. Again, this is not a one time thing. I have noticed this for two years as I begin my contest prep.

Comment

It is the day after my high carb days. I have been doing this in my last two seasons contest prep, and it is always a 2 lb. drop the morning after a high carb day. I do not seem to urinate more or eliminate anymore due to the extra fiber. All of that stays right on schedule. I am baffled because it goes against what should be expected with loaded glycogen and the water that goes with it. Again, this is not a one time thing. I have noticed this for two years as I begin my contest prep.
                  Yeah, I definitely gain weight after a refeed day.

Comment

• Hey rockhard. On the dropping 2lbs after a refeed day, the same exact thing happens to me. The scale won't budge all week then the day after a refeed BOOM 2lbs. I never heard anyone else say that.

Comment

• I'm interested in this also. My wife always weighs less after a high carb day. However, I'm usually up a lb or two????

Comment

• Originally posted by jdspinna View Post
                        Hey rockhard. On the dropping 2lbs after a refeed day, the same exact thing happens to me. The scale won't budge all week then the day after a refeed BOOM 2lbs. I never heard anyone else say that.
                        Same here, everyone is usually up in weight after a high carb refeed. Maybe Layne will shed some light on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by COPA View Post

correct, the other thing is do you change the food choices on refeed days?
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            correct, the other thing is do you change the food choices on refeed days?

layne, when bulking, what's your take on cheat meals?
                            for example, if i'm already taking in 400-500g carbs a day (oats/brown rice/sweet tates, waxy maize/dex PWO), if i'm craving some pizza once a week, or a burger every 3-4 days, do you think i should refrain, or just say fuck it, and chow down? (my body does tend to store fat easily, so that may make it seem like i'm answering my own question, but i struggle to put mass on when i only eat clean (even in surplus)

Comment

• you answered your own question. the slower you put on weight the better in most cases. if you start getting impatient and resort to gaining weight for the sake of gaining weight... it won't be good
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• hey layne ,

wanted to hear your thoughts on evening primrose oil , is it worth the money supplementing with it? i know **** ******* loves this stuff , but don't see what the huge fuss is about it? any thoughts

Comment

Working...
                                X