Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne,
    Would you recommend a 220 carb and 220 protein split for off-season? Calories would be around 2150. I have been doing 100 carbs and about 350 grams protein a day prior to this with one high carb day a week.
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• I would be eating about 27 grams carbs/25 grams protein per meal... 8 meals a day.
      NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Originally posted by crou View Post
        I would be eating about 27 grams carbs/25 grams protein per meal... 8 meals a day.

layne-
        what's your take on this split

day 1- 10 x 3 squat
        day 2- 10 x 3 bench
        day 3- 10 x 3 dead
        day 4- rest
        day 5- hypertrophy legs
        day 6- hypertrophy chest/tri
        day 7 hypertrophy back/bi
        day-8 - hyper delt
        day 9 rest
        day 10- rest
        repeat.

trying to get my big 3 #'s up, as i might look into doing a PL meet, but also wanna stay pretty big, thus the hypertrophy days..

any take on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by gainmusclefast View Post
          yea i usually do pullups first so that what probably takes it outta me when i get to those, need to try em weighted, do dbs or plates work better for adding weight? thanks cap'n

i put dbs in my lap
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

Layne,
            Would you recommend a 220 carb and 220 protein split for off-season? Calories would be around 2150. I have been doing 100 carbs and about 350 grams protein a day prior to this with one high carb day a week.
            for offseason?????
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by NowYourDeadSon View Post
              layne-
              what's your take on this split

day 1- 10 x 3 squat
              day 2- 10 x 3 bench
              day 3- 10 x 3 dead
              day 4- rest
              day 5- hypertrophy legs
              day 6- hypertrophy chest/tri
              day 7 hypertrophy back/bi
              day-8 - hyper delt
              day 9 rest
              day 10- rest
              repeat.

trying to get my big 3 #'s up, as i might look into doing a PL meet, but also wanna stay pretty big, thus the hypertrophy days..

any take on that?
              i personally think that's working each bodypart too infrequently
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                for offseason?????
                Yes sir... I felt like I put on a little more fat than I wanted to after my show.
                NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

Layne,
                  Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  for offseason?????
                  Im not layne, but at 250 pro 225 carbs and 40 fats I was dropping weight too quickly for my prep. I went from 146 morning weight to 142 in about 5 days, Ive had to up my carbs to 275 with the same numbers for pro and fats. I am weighing 152 night weight.

I know for my offseason Ill be hitting about 450 carbs 250 pro and 60 fats to begin with.

Maybe we are just different bodytypes, but at 220 and 220 Id wither away.

Good Luck

J

Comment

I would be eating about 27 grams carbs/25 grams protein per meal... 8 meals a day.
                    well if you want to drop bodyfat i think it's ok, but I think you are eating way too frequently. amino acids have a better impact on protein synthesis when you space them out more and have bigger doses. I've talked about it several times in this thread, also recently in my interview on ultimate radio Big Nation
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Whats up Layne just wanted to know your opinion on a couple of things, first off I wanted to ask you If you think walking a couple miles on Strength shoes and keeping that tension on the calves will make them grow If I do it like 3-4 times a week. I cant run or do squats, presses, or standing calf raises bc i had cancer of the bone in my knee and since i have a prosthesis the impact will be negative. Yesterday I did this and today my calves are real sore. I wanted to see if this method of walking with the specialized shoe will help bc with my limits there is only so much i can do.

Also eating every 3 hours sometimes still a little full from my last meal. Do I still eat or wait longer?

Thank you for your time
                      Cancer SURVIVOR

"Falling isn't FAILURE, FAILURE is not getting back up"

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                        well if you want to drop bodyfat i think it's ok, but I think you are eating way too frequently. amino acids have a better impact on protein synthesis when you space them out more and have bigger doses. I've talked about it several times in this thread, also recently in my interview on ultimate radio Big Nation
                        I eat every 2-3 hours. I wake up at 7 am and then go to bed aroun 12 or 1. Should I eat every 4-5 hours? Thanks Layne I appreciate it.
                        NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

I eat every 2-3 hours. I wake up at 7 am and then go to bed aroun 12 or 1. Should I eat every 4-5 hours? Thanks Layne I appreciate it.

damn, every 5 hours?.. dunno how you'll make it like that man..

and layne, every once in a while for work i get stuck where i'll be awake for 24-36 hours, should i just make sure a meal comes in every 3 hours? (it's impossible to plan in advance, as i'm on call, can get called anytime)

Comment

You need more rest. You also don't need to eat every 2 hours on the dot. Eat every 3 hours instead and start your meals 3 hours from when you take your last bite instead of 7am 10am exactly etc.

I think Layne means that you should some meals that are lower in protein and some meals that are higher in protein instead of have 27g or whatever every meal.
                            www.ironbrendan.com

Comment

• Layne can answer for crou.

But in my opinion eat every 3 hours. And why eat basically 1 scoop of good protein for a meal. You should try to get 35-40 IMO at a meal. But if your bulking bro why are you so worried. Just like cutler said, eat every 3 hours your awake. Would you rather be hungry in the offseason?

Comment

• Originally posted by NowYourDeadSon View Post
                                damn, every 5 hours?.. dunno how you'll make it like that man..

and layne, every once in a while for work i get stuck where i'll be awake for 24-36 hours, should i just make sure a meal comes in every 3 hours? (it's impossible to plan in advance, as i'm on call, can get called anytime)
                                i used to eat every 2-3 hours and get very hungry. I started eating every 4-5 hours, and i was hungry the first week, after that I no longer got hungry anymore at all as my body had full adapted to relying on endogenous production of glucose between meals rather than exogenous intake.

and yes I think eating bigger doses of protein less frequently is better, this is what my research has shown thus far. I know it doesn't 'jive' with popular 'broscience' but the evidence doesn't lie... it is what it is... evidence
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X