Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by italian heat View Post
    layne , how do you feel about your above workout as far as gaining size.
    im sure that would be based a lot on the auxiliary work done....

Comment

• quick question

Im doing a contest june 14th. first one and it is a tested show. im 5 7 210 and i just finnished bulking from 170 to 210 im contemplating using daves diest but i hear layne is a brilliant guy. So im wondering what are the differences between **** ******* and laynes basic dieting principles. Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

• well I would listen to our debates in the no bull radio archives, that will give you a very good idea
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by italian heat View Post
          layne , how do you feel about your above workout as far as gaining size.
          well certainly don't think i'm going to get smaller on it
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            well I would listen to our debates in the no bull radio archives, that will give you a very good idea

I listened to that no bull a while back. It was very interesting and useful! I did dave's diet last summer but this year am trying a moderate/ low carb diet cycling a high carb day in about once ever 4-6 days or so of low carbs. Not going in ketosis though if i don't have to. I'm anxious to see the difference in how it turns out!
            Up the dose, Lift the most!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mudluscious View Post
              Im doing a contest june 14th. first one and it is a tested show. im 5 7 210 and i just finnished bulking from 170 to 210 im contemplating using daves diest but i hear layne is a brilliant guy. So im wondering what are the differences between **** ******* and laynes basic dieting principles. Thanks in advance for the help.
              palumbo = very low carbs, higher fats for everybody
              layne = carbs evaluated on individual metabolism and insulin response, low but non deficient fat levels
              Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
              http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

no, you still resist the eccentric but you allow it to descend more rapidly

it is not black and white
                Got it.
                Quelly explained it further to me last night. Like you said not black and white in the 'defined' explanation. Quelly explained it in lay mens terms of the movement a sprinter goes though. A lot of fibers triggered even in bringing the leg through to push off again. Translate that to any lift you wish. Not ragged, but controlled and deliberate with efficiency.
                Assistant to the regional manager.
                Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by mudluscious View Post
                  id pick layne over dave any day of the week...i paid for daves services and stopped using them less than half way through the course...the only guy i listen to on here now is layne...anything he says has valid studies backing his advice up...i took 1 piece of laynes advice and ganied 5 pounds of solid muscle...im not saying dave doesnt know his stuff,it just wasnt suited to me...many people have made great gains using dave...and swear by his knowledge and experience ...tony freeman followed daves principles and was in his best condition ever...and was a contender for the olympia...he stopped using dave and he places poorly...horses for courses as they say.

Comment

• Not that my opinion counts for that much but Layne definitley knows his stuff. I don't think you could go wrong with either of them. You should listen to the debate they had on No Bull awhile back. Amazing how both just know so much.
                    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• mudluscious,
                      I encourage you to research both people and ask the same thing in dave's thread as obviously people in my thread will likely be biased towards me. Talk to people who have worked with both and try to figure out who you think will suit you best.

Good luck to you
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• question for layne

As a natural bodybuilder what are your restrictions as far as suplements. Are you simply steroid free or do you stay away from other supplements as well

Comment

• Layne humble as always. I would go with Layne as my choice. Listen to the NO BULL radio and listen as Layne proves his shit to be correct.

Comment

mudluscious,
                            I encourage you to research both people and ask the same thing in dave's thread as obviously people in my thread will likely be biased towards me. Talk to people who have worked with both and try to figure out who you think will suit you best.

Good luck to you

very true...to be fair I have used Layne's method with success but I have not used palumbo's diet, so take my comments with a grain of salt
                            Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                            http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Layne, hi .

I just read that your ph.d is on protein synthess. so, good luck with that. I'm sure it sounds like fun.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

• a few questions that I don't think have been covered

Do you currently use an ALA supp whilst in a bulking phase?

How old were you when you started using test boosters?

Now that Fenotest/Anagen has been discontinued, which test boosters do you use?

Comment

Working...
                                X