Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quelly View Post
    very true...to be fair I have used Layne's method with success but I have not used palumbo's diet, so take my comments with a grain of salt
    I've tried both types of dieting, not Layne's diet but similar and a knock off Dave's diet. I found that both ways work for me as far losing weight. But they both have there good points and bad.

Dave's type + = way less hungry, better and more consistent weight loss, better muscle retention( I actually started getting stronger in the gym). Eat more calories and still lose more weight.

Dave's type - = I was getting great workouts but I had no energy for every day stuff. I stayed very strong but I was a little flat in the pump department. Really spacey some times.
    And here is the real killer, as soon as I went off the diet I could not stop eating I've put on 37 pounds in 3 months.

Layne's type + = Clearer thinking, better pumps, way more energy for every day activities. better food choices. And way less rebound when the diet was done.(That's huge for me because I get fat very easy).

Layne's type - = lost a lot of strength in the gym, crazy hungry all the time. My body weight flucuated a lot( drove me nuts). more cranky

these are my experiences with the two different diets I honestly can't say which one I like better. I next time I might try one of those diets where you take carbs in pre and post workout( first thing in the morning). That way my body is still used to using them. So when I go off the diet I rebound less. But I can optimize fat burning through the rest buy not eating any more carbs.

Comment

• question about laynes diet

Can anyone give me just a basic overview of an average day of eating on laynes diet

Comment

• there is no average day of eating, it is different for everyone based on dozens of variables.

I would check out http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife6.htm and http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife7.htm

please do not take offense but I am not the type of person who tries to convince people or go through elaborate explainations of why you should 'go with me' I don't sell myself. There are 192 pages of my theories right here. I really only want to work with people who REALLY want to work with me. I don't want to have to convince someone.
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• i have a friend who went on dave's diet and did it to the T(he is natural btw). he is a big dude about 250 when he started 6'2". he was on daves diet for about 5 months. near the end he was about 215 and looked very very lean, but very flat. in the beginning he kept growing, but he did loose strength near the end. the kicker is, when he started eating carbs again his body totally freaked out. he was complaining of having to use the crapper multiple times a day, every day. he still seems flat all of the time even though he was eating carbs. i dont know if it was because of the length he was dieting or what, but his body has not been the same since(he stopped the diet 2 months ago).

i was planning on using the daves diet until my friend came off and decided to go a different route. layne has been helping me with my diet and it has been great. i am not planning on doing a contest or anything, just wanted to look good this summer. I bulked up to about 201 before i hired him. as far as hardcore says the first few days were very rough, i was STARVING! but by about the 4th or 5th day my body got used to the amount of calories. now i find myself full at night even when i still have another meal to eat. as far as strength goes I tried a similar diet in the past and felt weak as shit, but this time around is completely different. My strength has not dropped one bit(best part of it for me). i have worked with him for just over a month went from 201- 185 and all my lifts are the same and my squat has slightly gone up(less weight on top i guess).

whether you choose layne or dave is up to you, both are very knowledgeable. i dont have experience with dave, but i do with layne and all i can say is he knows what he is doing.

Comment

• Layne no offense Im simply just trying to get as much info as possible and I know that alot of these guys have alot of knowledge and info on you and dave. By no means am I doubting your skills. Im not trying to get you to convince me to hire you. Trust me I know Im the one who needs your help not the other way around.

Comment

• I've used both Layne & Dave....for off-season purposes.

From the service etc AND which methods worked for me I'm going with Layne for pre-contest (starts April 7th)

I'm really looking forward to starting it!

Comment

• Originally posted by mudluscious View Post
                Layne no offense Im simply just trying to get as much info as possible and I know that alot of these guys have alot of knowledge and info on you and dave. By no means am I doubting your skills. Im not trying to get you to convince me to hire you. Trust me I know Im the one who needs your help not the other way around.
                and i think you are going about things exactly how you should
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• I am new to this forum, but not new to bodybuilding. I look forward to enjoying this plethora of information. Thanks Layne!

Comment

• Originally posted by rpninja636 View Post
                    I am new to this forum, but not new to bodybuilding. I look forward to enjoying this plethora of information. Thanks Layne!
                    Welcome mate - you should download Laynes FAQ thing....I think it's on page 1 - reading that first will help you scouring through different posts

Comment

• Layne:

Was curious to know your take on a diet idea or philosophy of sorts. Recently finished reading Dr. Colker's book (2nd Edition) and found his diet strategy and workout plans to be beneficial for me.

I was also wondering what kind of gains a natural bodybuilder can expect to make on a diet like this with the following info:

LBM: 144 lbs.
                      Protein: 194
                      Carbs: 149 (52c from oatmeal, 58c from vitargo, rest from vegetables)
                      Fats: 127 grams (24 sat. rest health fat [mainly from olive oil])
                      Total calories: 2515
                      I burn about 2,272 calories based on BMR and activity.

What im asking is can a nattie gain size from this type of diet with a calorie surplus like this?

Thanks.

Comment

• im no layne but it looks like you will gain, but slowly, as your surplus is quite low.

lets see, carry the 2, add 5, and we get 1 pound gained in 2 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dronin View Post

What im asking is can a nattie gain size from this type of diet with a calorie surplus like this?

Thanks.
                          Colker follows somewhat of a Paleo diet, vastly different from Layne's ideas. Anyone can gain size if you are in a caloric surplus.
                          I think Layne would say your fat is too high, and carbs are too low.
                          I would cut the fat in about half, and at least double the carbs.

and bump to Layne for my question on test boosters
                          Last edited by Rzilla; February 6, 2008, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dronin View Post
                            Layne:

Was curious to know your take on a diet idea or philosophy of sorts. Recently finished reading Dr. Colker's book (2nd Edition) and found his diet strategy and workout plans to be beneficial for me.

I was also wondering what kind of gains a natural bodybuilder can expect to make on a diet like this with the following info:

LBM: 144 lbs.
                            Protein: 194
                            Carbs: 149 (52c from oatmeal, 58c from vitargo, rest from vegetables)
                            Fats: 127 grams (24 sat. rest health fat [mainly from olive oil])
                            Total calories: 2515
                            I burn about 2,272 calories based on BMR and activity.

Thanks.
                            not a fan of that unless you are old & very insulin insensitive
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Hey Layne, I want to ask for tips on how to further concentrate on my quads when doing squats. I prefer front squats due to flexibility issues, but I feel them mostly in my glutes and hamstrings because of my somewhat wide stance (a little greater than shoulder width). Any advice on stretches to increase flexibility? I hope this question hasn't been killed yet. I'm a newbie. Thanks man.

Comment

• Layne...a couple of questions/comments...

1) I am taking Dialene-4 and have been for a couple of weeks. I am haven't noticed much, if any, themogenic effects. Is this to be expected?

2) I am also taking Sesamin. What exactly does it do and what should I theoretically expect.

3) I supplement with Milk Thistle. Is this necessary (I picked it up after hearing Dave talk about it)?

Comment

Working...
                                X