Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rpninja636 View Post
    Hey Layne, I want to ask for tips on how to further concentrate on my quads when doing squats. I prefer front squats due to flexibility issues, but I feel them mostly in my glutes and hamstrings because of my somewhat wide stance (a little greater than shoulder width). Any advice on stretches to increase flexibility? I hope this question hasn't been killed yet. I'm a newbie. Thanks man.
    stretch your calves and hips, that should help
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman70 View Post
      Layne...a couple of questions/comments...

1) I am taking Dialene-4 and have been for a couple of weeks. I am haven't noticed much, if any, themogenic effects. Is this to be expected?

2) I am also taking Sesamin. What exactly does it do and what should I theoretically expect.

3) I supplement with Milk Thistle. Is this necessary (I picked it up after hearing Dave talk about it)?
      1) what exactly have you been using to judge 'thermogenesis'

2) it is a PPAR alpha agonist, basically upregulating genes that deal with fat burning in the liver. You would notice huge differences but over time you will definately get leaner. It reall works well preventing fat gain in the offseason as well

3) depends, do you take anything that's hard on the liver?
      BioLayne LLC
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        1) what exactly have you been using to judge 'thermogenesis'

2) it is a PPAR alpha agonist, basically upregulating genes that deal with fat burning in the liver. You would notice huge differences but over time you will definately get leaner. It reall works well preventing fat gain in the offseason as well

3) depends, do you take anything that's hard on the liver?
        - Just when comparing it to other fat burners I have used, I don't get the "warming" sensations. Hope that makes sense.

-Thanks

-I'm not sure. As far as supplements go, I take Omega-3, Omega-6, Gloucosamine, Vitamin-C, Multi-Vitamin, and, Scivation BCAA's, Creatine, and Coral Calcium (along with the Milk Thistle). Diet wise, mainly chicken, protein shakes and salads.

Comment

• warming sensation does not necessarily mean it is thermogenic... could just be increased blood flow to skin. protein is thermogenic... do you get hot when you eat a chicken breast?

no need for the milk thistle IMO
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• hey guys, check out Isabel in my latest webcast episode! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife17.htm
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Great episode Layne! You have e-mail

Comment

• Let's just say I wanted to compete in one show that the WNBF puts on. Pro Division would I have to qualify even though I'm already a PRO in the PNBA?Second if it's possible what are good show to do at the end of the year? Then would I have to sign a contract with exclusively? Just curious
                kiyoshimoody.com
                *TEAM GENR8* genr8speed.com

Comment

• first you'd have to qualify, then there is no contract you just basically agree that by competing in the wnbf you will not compete elsewhere and if you do you will be given a ban. same thing if you appear in other publications other than theirs
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• That was a cool episode. A good insight to a world unfamiliar to a lot of BB's.
                    Isabel handled herself very well in front of the camera. She looked super comfortable. That's prime time presence right there!
                    I'm not just blowin smoke.
                    Assistant to the regional manager.
                    Iron8 approved

Comment

• Dude, Isabel is beautiful an has great symetry she is going to do great in figure. Great episode, although I was waiting for her to do one of your "chuck liddell" celebrations after her sets.

Comment

first you'd have to qualify, then there is no contract you just basically agree that by competing in the wnbf you will not compete elsewhere and if you do you will be given a ban. same thing if you appear in other publications other than theirs

OK, well thats out!!!! Gotta do the Team U. What about the OCB?
                        kiyoshimoody.com

Comment

• you can compete in the ocb anytime you want. your pro card would be recognized by the ifpa, you could appear in any publication and compete with any organization you like
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

you can compete in the ocb anytime you want. your pro card would be recognized by the ifpa, you could appear in any publication and compete with any organization you like

What are the main pro shows in the OCB?
                            kiyoshimoody.com

Comment

• Layne do you happen to have any links to the OCB schedule

the fact that you can still do other orgs shows is a great idea IMO
                              MorphogenNutrition.com
                              Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by The Natural One View Post
                                What are the main pro shows in the OCB?
                                OCB Yorton Cup is the big one. There is also the IFPA Super Bowl & the IFPA Gaspari Classic (Pro International)

http://www.ifpa.us

ocb schedule can be found here

http://www.ocbbodybuilding.com
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X