Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i have started using dave's sample diet to diet down but after reading about it i think i should get some advice from a natural because i'm natural and have never juiced.how does your contest diet differ from dave's and supplementation.thanks

    Comment


    • i hope i don't sound like an ass, but i have answered this dozens of times and i think on the previous page even. also there are 2 whole radio shows of me and dave debating prep strategies. please use these resources. it's hard to answer all questions multiple times
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

      Comment


      • Layne, although there isn't much money in bodybuilding to begin with, what organization (NPC, OCB, etc) do you think is the best when it comes to prize money?

        Comment


        • amatuer orgs do not give out prize money...hence amatuer

          do not do bodybuilding for money
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

          Comment


          • Hey Layne

            I read that you have individualised diets for all of your clients.

            I was wondering if you have heard of or use metabolic profiling.

            It claims that there are people who are fast, slow and mixed rate oxidisers, as well as sympathetic or parasympathetic system dominant.

            It seems quite interesting.

            Comment


            • i definitely agree with oxidation rates. usually i try to get bloodwork on my clients if possible
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

              Comment


              • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                i definitely agree with oxidation rates. usually i try to get bloodwork on my clients if possible
                So what would you ask for then to determine the oxidation rate besides a TSH/TFT?

                Have you read anything on metabolic profiling?

                I am going to metabolic profile myself soon.

                Comment


                • Hope you didnt answer this a million times, I tried searching and couldn't find an exact answer but I recall reading somewhere (I think you might have mentioned it on another board) that if you take in excessive amount of protein you actually desensitize yourself to its effect in terms of nitrogen retention? Is this correct, and if so what would be your upper limit recommendation for protein grams.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dronin View Post
                    Hope you didnt answer this a million times, I tried searching and couldn't find an exact answer but I recall reading somewhere (I think you might have mentioned it on another board) that if you take in excessive amount of protein you actually desensitize yourself to its effect in terms of nitrogen retention? Is this correct, and if so what would be your upper limit recommendation for protein grams.
                    check out Layne's FAQ at the link below. I believe he has discussed that topic before.


                    http://www.mediafire.com/?2zoks1edmbz

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tatyana View Post
                      So what would you ask for then to determine the oxidation rate besides a TSH/TFT?

                      Have you read anything on metabolic profiling?

                      I am going to metabolic profile myself soon.
                      How exactly d oyou go about getting these tests done? A simple visit to the doctors office? And if so what exactly do I ask for?
                      If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DDD619 View Post
                        How exactly d oyou go about getting these tests done? A simple visit to the doctors office? And if so what exactly do I ask for?
                        For a thyroid function, just tell your doctor your are tired all the time (TATT is the clinical details he will more than likely put on your form).

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                          i definitely agree with oxidation rates. usually i try to get bloodwork on my clients if possible
                          thyroid, total/free testosterone, fasting blood glucose, cholesterol...anything else important?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            well I would definately get

                            -fasting blood glucose
                            -fasting blood insulin
                            -HDL
                            -LDL
                            -TAG
                            -cholesterol
                            -testosterone
                            -free testosterone
                            -Thyroid hormone

                            i believe food allergies are tested for in a different manner

                            nevermind. search function works.

                            Comment


                            • If you want food allergies in a blood test, you have to have eaten whatever you may be sensitive to fairly recently.

                              It is inaccurately called a RAST still, but it is actually IgE (immunoglobulin E antibodies).

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AllGenetix View Post
                                thyroid, total/free testosterone, fasting blood glucose, cholesterol...anything else important?
                                LH/FSH, SHBG if you are going to have a hormone profile.

                                Possibly a cortisol as well.

                                The timing of the sample is important as well, around 9 am would be best.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X