Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne, have you posted your exact cutting diet before?
    Alex A was telling me I should be eating a lot of carbs while cutting. I eat 300-350g right now (almost 200lbs) What do you suggest I cut them down to? Same with protein (350) and fat (80)? Thanks

Oh, one more, when do you begin eating carbs in the morning, and when do you stop at night? Cardio on off days in the morning on an empty stomach with a shake right after, and on training days cardio after workout with a shake and waxy maize?
    Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

Comment

• my general philosophy is here http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

i think at your age unless you are very insulin resistant, your protein is too high & you could get away with more carbs but it all depends on various factors
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• looks good, thank you.
        Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

Comment

• Another good episode Layne. Interesting to see a bit of the female perspective.

Comment

• Diet for natural

No u don't sound like an ass with your answer.I had just got done with reading the whole thread on q and a with dave and did do alittle seach on your I was just trying to save some time and if I was going to change up my diet I wanted to do it right away.thanks for taking time to answer these and many more questions.

Comment

• Layne, I was wondering what factors come into play to make a person look more vasucular. Also why some parts of the day my arms look more veiny and vascular and others not so much even on days i dont work out.
              Thanks

Comment

• Rack Deads

Layne, What is the optimal height to set the bar for rack deads: mid shin, just below knee, or at the knee? I would like to minimize glute/ham involvement, but still be effective in working the back/traps. Thanks.
                " Sweat the details, it ALL matters"

Comment

• Originally posted by rockhard View Post
                  Layne, What is the optimal height to set the bar for rack deads: mid shin, just below knee, or at the knee? I would like to minimize glute/ham involvement, but still be effective in working the back/traps. Thanks.
                  I think It is just below the knee. However I'm not an expert, nor do I claim to be. I would just put a bit of weight on the bar and try it at various heights and see which one feels like its working the back the most.

Comment

• i would go just below the knee or right at it
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Hey Layne, I just wanted to say thank you I tried eating less frequent and higher caloric meals, as opposed to the usual 5-8 smaller meals a day that you see so many people advocate, and have gained both strength and size at a rate I haven't seen since my first few weeks of weight lifting! Plus, as a molecular bio major that researches on the side, it's fantastic to be able to eat on a more normal schedule.

Comment

• i'm glad its working for you bro!
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Hey Layne, I had a question about protein intake. Currently, I am taking in about 265 g protein per day (about 1.4 g / lb of bodyweight). I've read that you eat every 4-5 hours. I've also read that you believe the max threshold for protein consumption at one sitting would be 50 g per meal. My question is, how do I get to my daily protein intake if I'm taking 50 g every 4 hours, or even 5?

If I eat at 7A, 11A, 3P, 7P and 11P, that would be five meals and only 250 g of protein.

Eat at 3 AM?
                          Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall.

Comment

• you don't need more protein than that.

that's my point
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                              do you get hot when you eat a chicken breast?
                              hahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                you don't need more protein than that.

that's my point
                                That answer makes me sad. Less food.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X