Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne I gotta say that lowering my protein and upping my carbs has increased my strength immensely. I'm going to try the 4-5 hours eating schedule but I've got to wean myself off eating 2-3.
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      coming off a long diet you really need to raise calories very slowly to prevent dumping excess cals on a slow metabolism

Thanks Layne... Would you suggest adding carbs and continue my cardio routine? Usually my cardio routine is weights -> 30 minute cardio then six hours later, 45min-1hr of cardio everyday.

Thanks yet again.

Comment

• Originally posted by MisledYouth View Post
        Hey Layne…I am 22 years old, 5’11.5” tall, and weigh about 204lbs at the moment. I was at 220 about 2.5 to 3 weeks ago, but I have been dieting now since…Could you please take look at my average days meals and tell me what you think?
        Sorry if I sound like an ass here, but Layne has a lot of actual clients whose diets he has to look at everyday, on top of a bunch of other stuff...you are kind of asking him to make a plan for you, which isn't fair. The guy has to make a living.

That being said, he has provided tons of info throughout this thread, and there is a FAQ which would help you get your nutrition/training regimen down a la Layne Norton style

Comment

-blood glucose
          -insulin
          -HDL
          -LDL
          -Total Cholesterol
          -TAGs/VLDLs
          -testosterone
          -free testosterone
          -thyroid

-Layne
          how do you get your "Layne" checked?

Comment

• Hey all. I finally decided that in my extended offseason I'd give competitive powerlifting a try. I will be lifting raw/unequipped. I have been using a modified version of westside for the past four weeks.

I will be lifting at 220 lbs

I have an online meet i'll be doing in march and then my first real meet will be late june.

When I started my lifts were:
            Squat: 495 with wraps pretty easy
            Bench: 365 touch and go somewhat easy
            Deadlift: 605 easy

Here's today's workout

tonight's max effort workout. it's been 4 weeks so I decided to test out my bench again here's how it went

135 X 10
            165 X 7
            195 X 5
            225 X 5
            255 X 5
            285 X 3
            315 X 3
            345 X 1
            375 X 1
            385 X 1 (see video):
            345 X 3

all reps were paused at the bottom, but looks like I probably could have paused a bit more for 385.

then finished off with auxilliary upper body work. 20 lb gain in 4 weeks, feel pretty good about that. My rep for 385 was solid, felt like I could definitely push 4 but i let the bar come back over my face and that's when the rep slowed down, gotta focus on keeping it in the right plane of movement.

Feeling pretty good about it right now. Any and all advice on my bench press form is welcome... tear me to shreds.

-Layne
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Do they allow you to raise you backside off the bench during power-lifting meets?

Comment

• i just found out that no org allows this. I am actually pretty embarrassed in that I thought it was allowed, so I will have to rectify this. I feel pretty dumb actually
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

Hey Layne…I am 22 years old, 5’11.5” tall, and weigh about 204lbs at the moment. I was at 220 about 2.5 to 3 weeks ago, but I have been dieting now since…Could you please take look at my average days meals and tell me what you think?

8AM-8:30

-Whey protein shake in water (2 scoops)
                  -then either a banana, apple, or packet of low sugar instant oatmeal.

3-3.5 hours later

-Turkey sandwich (about 4 oz’s turkey)
                  -2 slices of Arnold 15-grain Bread
                  -2 pieces of sliced thin cheddar cheese (deli style)

3-3.5 hours later

-1 apple or a banana
                  -1 heaping TBSP of smart Balance natural PB

3-3.5 hours later

-1 chicken breast (6-8oz) marinated in fat free Italian dressing
                  -1/2 cup brown rice (cooked)
                  -1 slice of cheddar cheese melted on the breast

3-3.5 hours later

-2 scoops whey in water

3 hours later

-16 oz’s skim milk with two scoops of whey (right before bed)

***I have been doing cardio 5 nights a week, I usually run 3 quarters of a mile on a track, then do the elliptical for 20 mins

***On weight training days (usually 2 days on, one off) I will consume a PWO shake of 1.5 scoops waxy maize, 1/2 tsp of BCAA’s, and 5 grams of creatine monohydrate.
                  between which meals do you train and what does this break down into pro/carb/fat wise?
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

i just found out that no org allows this. I am actually pretty embarrassed in that I thought it was allowed, so I will have to rectify this. I feel pretty dumb actually
                    Fuck feeling embarrassed, bro, it's easily rectified.

Comment

• hacked

Originally posted by jianblaze View Post
                      layne norton is full of shit.
                      Damn, I don't log on for a few weeks and I tried doing some catch up reading and I notice this post! Ain't that some shit. NO I don't think Layne Norton is full of shit, Layne is the man. My shit got hacked. Sorry fellas it seemed to ruffle a few feathers!

Comment

• Originally posted by jianblaze View Post
                        Damn, I don't log on for a few weeks and I tried doing some catch up reading and I notice this post! Ain't that some shit. NO I don't think Layne Norton is full of shit, Layne is the man. My shit got hacked. Sorry fellas it seemed to ruffle a few feathers!

Alright man, but if you try to knock Layne again, I'm gonna do work! Hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by jianblaze View Post
                          Why would someone hack your account?

Comment

sounds fine, however the idea the soluble fiber has no calories is wrong. soluble fiber has about 3kcal/gram as most of it can be fermented by the large intestine to form short chain fatty acids which are absorbed into circulation
                            that's very interesting...

..and the first i've heard that.

-CNS
                            Nark's Place: http://www.getnarked.net/
                            Nark's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NarkSide

Comment

• yup, most people negate that little fact. you actually get significant calories through the generation of short chain fatty acids like acetate, proprionate, and butyrate
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

I mean no disrespect to you...
                                not at all man, I was just saying I think you could figure out a lot of it with the FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X