Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish, I would check out my article here http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm it was written as a precontest prep article but will work great for anyone wanting to drop bodyfat
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Spiko View Post
      So tell me why I want to get Dialene 4
      all the info is here http://www.dialene4.com

It's a fatburner/energy booster. I'm not going to sit here and try and shill you on it. Diet and training make more of a difference than any supplement ever can. But if you are looking for a little extra boost, then I believe this will be one of the most effective fat burners available. I would not have brought the ideas for some of the ingredients if I didn't think it would be something effective. Money is just money, you only get one reputation.
      BioLayne LLC
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Smoothmold View Post
        another question Layne,

I have had my bodyfat measured with caliper 4 months ago and the reading placed me at 4% BF. But I was sure that it wasn't 4% because I didn't have the definition and hardness you would have if you were a true 4%. I thought that I was 10% or so. But seeing your contest foto log, and comparing myself with your body, I realized that I was at 14% or so. How can this be? A 10% difference? The person that did the reading sad I had almost a competitive bodyfat level for a natural. That blew my mind afterwards seeing your pics. That's why I don't trust readings anymore.
        But when I am at a true 7% or so, I am gonna bulk but I want to keep my bodyfat in check. What do you recommend? Taking picture every other week? And taking my BF with caliper every week just to measure differences? Or maybe you can measure your waist and neck?

And when I was at my highest bodyfat, I thought that I was at 14% BF or so. But when I started cutting, I realized that it must have been a lot more. I think 20+. But the fat was hard. I didn't have fat rolls. So how can you measure your bf correctly with caliper if the fat is hard and under your abs?
        you have to pinch as much as you possibly can, not lightly pinch but get as much as you can. And then when you get your reading... at 2-3% to that and you are near your actual bodyfat
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
          you have to pinch as much as you possibly can, not lightly pinch but get as much as you can. And then when you get your reading... at 2-3% to that and you are near your actual bodyfat
          Do you do your own readings with caliper or does somebody else do it. I want to do it myself but don't know how exactly.

Comment

• i do it myself
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• edit
              Last edited by zilla; March 29, 2007, 11:13 AM.
              THE FAMILY THAT I LIVE FOR ONLY BREATHES THE AIR THAT SMELLS OF COMBAT

Comment

• Thanks for the advice Layne, I appreciate it.

Comment

• Hey Layne, are you willing to create custom diets for clients?

Comment

• Originally posted by irishmuscle View Post
                    Hey Layne, are you willing to create custom diets for clients?
                    yes I do offer it for a fee. If you are interested PM me
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by west View Post
                      Can't see much of the mug 'cept for that ruggedly handsome chin . Ripped to shit though man, looking good. Was that round the time of a comp or did you diet down for the photo shoot?
                      And they even got in that Hollywood smile Cuts in his abs look like they're 2 inches deep! Even more impressive when you know it was done without 'junk'.
                      Assistant to the regional manager.
                      Iron8 approved

Comment

you have to pinch as much as you possibly can, not lightly pinch but get as much as you can.
                        I heard that this would give a false reading by including too much connective tissue in the measurement.

Comment

• Originally posted by west View Post
                          I heard that this would give a false reading by including too much connective tissue in the measurement.
                          they measure low to begin with, besides adipose tissue contains connective tissue; thus it's part of the adipose... the same way that connective tissue in muscle is part of muscle
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

they measure low to begin with, besides adipose tissue contains connective tissue; thus it's part of the adipose... the same way that connective tissue in muscle is part of muscle
                            True.

Not to be a dick but where do you draw the line? To take it to the extreme: if you measured the ab skinfold whilst sitting you'd probably get a higher reading. Does that mean it's more accurate?

Comment

• actually if you pinch hard as you can it should be about the same.
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

actually if you pinch hard as you can it should be about the same.
                                Word. Good to know actually.

Comment

Working...
                                X