Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    well chromium is garbage; vanadyl may increase basal glucose uptake but i'm not sure you'd want that. Lipoic acid is probably the best as it increases insulin stimulated glucose uptake into the muscle cell. Check out my article here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne25.htm
    Hi Layne, Great thread! Just wondering from this post, I see you prefer ALA over vanadyl as a GDA but with the directions on ALA bottles say to take it once a day, vanadyl dosing seems to make more sense as a GDA being taken with every meal. Would 100mg of ALA per meal with 6 meals be safe? (Sorry for the pulling an old post but I'm still sorting through this whole message board).

Comment

• please check my article here http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne25.htm

explains why ala is superior
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• i've been hearing tons of good things about beta alanine, but i have no idea what it is/what it does,
        can you give me just a real quick, brief description of what it does?

Comment

• google is your friend.

Comment

I want everyone on this thread to keep our NIU brothers & sisters in their thoughts. I know at least more than one bodybuilder from NIU. for the last 3 years I have helped put on the OCB Midwest states on the NIU campus. So this is as connected as I've ever been to something like this
            I just don't understand this trend. And really seems to be becoming a trend.
            Shit's not going aces in your life? Well fuck it. Go and shoot a few dozen people then kill yourself. That always makes it better.
            I apologize for the downer attitude, but damn it just gets me.
            Assistant to the regional manager.
            Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
              I just don't understand this trend. And really seems to be becoming a trend.
              Shit's not going aces in your life? Well fuck it. Go and shoot a few dozen people then kill yourself. That always makes it better.
              I apologize for the downer attitude, but damn it just gets me.
              me too
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

please check my article here http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne25.htm

explains why ala is superior
                Hey Layne! Just read the article and it was great. One question that I have for you in regards to it: do you feel that ALA is fine or do you suggest going with r-ALA? Do you think there is a significant difference?
                The biggest temptation is to settle for too little. ~Thomas Merton~

Comment

• i don't believe there is for the purpose that we use it
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Layne,

I couldn't find within this thread whether or not someone had already asked this question or not, so please excuse me. Could you comment on what exactly Citrulline Malate is and whether or not it is possible to overdose on it? I'm curious because if one was using a product like Xtend, as a BCAA supplement to take with meals, as well as a pre, during, and post workout aid, they would be consuming quite a bit of Citrulline Malate over the course of a days time. Any thing you could tell me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

• Let's say I start at 15% BF and want to get to 7% BF over several weeks (~15-20)

I usually take a break from training every 7-10 weeks (I go by how my body feels) and take a few days off and/or go very light in the gym with very few sets (I'm in the gym for ~30 mins and not pushing hard at all).. I do this for 7-14 days to recharge my batteries

is there a need to do this with the diet as well? Like should I eat a maintenance during this "break" period to restart my metabolism/etc?
                      if so what macros would you recommend if I was doing carb cycling?

Comment

• hey guys i'm out of town visiting family this weekend, if i don't get to questions or miss some please post them back up next week and i'll try to get to them then. thanks!

also for those of you going to the arnold I posted this on my myspace blog:

Arnold Classic Update Hi everyone,
                        Isabel and I will be attending this year's Arnold Classic in Columbus, OH on thursday february 28th through sunday march 2nd. We will be working with in the Bulknutrition booth alongside the other Team Scivation members. Please stop by and say hello. I hope to have copies of my DVD by then, but if not I plan on bringing photos to sign for people who want them.

I look forward to meeting many of you there!

-Layne
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

hey guys i'm out of town visiting family this weekend, if i don't get to questions or miss some please post them back up next week and i'll try to get to them then. thanks!

also for those of you going to the arnold I posted this on my myspace blog:

Arnold Classic Update Hi everyone,
                          Isabel and I will be attending this year's Arnold Classic in Columbus, OH on thursday february 28th through sunday march 2nd. We will be working with in the Bulknutrition booth alongside the other Team Scivation members. Please stop by and say hello. I hope to have copies of my DVD by then, but if not I plan on bringing photos to sign for people who want them.

I look forward to meeting many of you there!

-Layne

hey, you go to circle campus, urbana.. or w/e its called right? not northern..champaign!! thats it..

either way, a bunch of guys from my school go there, you probally know the, a few even do amateur shows, i lived like 2 blocks away from that layne bryant in tinley that got shot to shit until i was 18
                          not lifting/supp relates
                          small world...

i'll have to stop by your campus next time i'm in town and teach you a think or two

Comment

• Layne,

I know that you are a science guy. Is there any research articles that show Sesamin cuts fat in humans?

Thanks

Comment

• I am interested in the science of the phenomenon that occurs with putting on weight after a long dieting period. I have read your pre contest article, and what I am referring to is being able to induce one of these periods.

What would be a time frame of low carb dieting that would actually yield beneficial muscle building results once a high carb diet is assumed?

Meaning, a phase of low carbs and then into a high carb phase.

What I am curious is about is how long does the low carb period have to be, and can it be too long? Would the benefit of low carb dieting for this purpose die off after a few weeks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Apex23 View Post
                                Layne,

I know that you are a science guy. Is there any research articles that show Sesamin cuts fat in humans?

Thanks
                                studies show upregulated fat oxidation in liver
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X