Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• few ?'s-

Let's say I start at 15% BF and want to get to 7% BF over several weeks (~15-20)

I usually take a break from training every 7-10 weeks (I go by how my body feels) and take a few days off and/or go very light in the gym with very few sets (I'm in the gym for ~30 mins and not pushing hard at all).. I do this for 7-14 days to recharge my batteries

is there a need to do this with the diet as well? Like should I eat a maintenance during this "break" period to restart my metabolism/etc?
    if so what macros would you recommend if I was doing carb cycling?

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GREAT HELP/ADVICE YOU'VE GIVEN IN THIS THREAD!!

Comment

• Originally posted by italian heat View Post
      Hey Layne ,
      I am currently in a "bulking stage" , should I take a day for all protein and Veggies with minimal carbs , to "Shock" my metabolism?
      Thanks
      is this some CHA diet technique? if so, Layne doesn't follow those.

and what you are saying sounds like nonsense to me..I'm leaning towards no.

Comment

• Hi, Layne i just began my bulk for first time ever, in the past 2 weeks my weight has gone from 65.7kg (cut back from 90kg) to 66.3kg tho i did feel a bit bloated when i weighed my self this morning.
        would this be considered sensible progress in 2 weeks, or are the results neglible and could be dependant on how much i ate the night before?
        thinking of upping the cals by another 250 which would bring my total to 2700, just want to know what an expert might make of the gains and if im going in the right direction.
        (diet been rock solid, no cheating no missed meals)

Comment

• well without knowing anything else and just knowing that info; I'd say it's fine progress
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Rzilla View Post
            is this some CHA diet technique? if so, Layne doesn't follow those.

and what you are saying sounds like nonsense to me..I'm leaning towards no.

I dont know what "CHA" means that you are referring to. I read that a day of fasting will shock the metabolism , after being on a high protein high carb diet for so many weeks.

Comment

• yup... shock it right into muscle loss
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                yup... shock it right into muscle loss

that one deserves a huge LOL
                MorphogenNutrition.com
                Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Yeah, I laughed too! Seriously, who wants to go a whole day without eating? I have a hard time making it a few hours...
                  TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                  www.fitcorps.net

Comment

• Layne, I see you are from Evansville, IN. My roommate is also from there. Does the name McCool sound familiar?

Comment

• Afraid not... evansville & the surrounding area does have about 250,000 people
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by BULK_CITY View Post
                        few ?'s-

Let's say I start at 15% BF and want to get to 7% BF over several weeks (~15-20)

I usually take a break from training every 7-10 weeks (I go by how my body feels) and take a few days off and/or go very light in the gym with very few sets (I'm in the gym for ~30 mins and not pushing hard at all).. I do this for 7-14 days to recharge my batteries

is there a need to do this with the diet as well? Like should I eat a maintenance during this "break" period to restart my metabolism/etc?
                        if so what macros would you recommend if I was doing carb cycling?

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GREAT HELP/ADVICE YOU'VE GIVEN IN THIS THREAD!!
                        if you are still in the gym going light i wouldn't change it
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                          Afraid not... evansville & the surrounding area does have about 250,000 people
                          Are you trying to say you don't know them all?

Comment

• Layne what's up. I am 5 weeks out from the show and I am 5-8 and dieted down too 161 pounds and I wanted too know about dropping water before the show? Should I use natural diruetic? Well 2 weeks ago I had my six pack and serratus in, but I was holding water in the love handle and lower back, but since I bumped up my cardio its coming down but I don't know if I should restrict water before the show because I don't want too hold water in those areas even though I was worried 2 weeks ago my little love handles are going away.

Comment

• please read my recent thread in the contest prep section
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Layne. what is your opinion on how much fat a bodybuilder needs per day during a fatloss plan. Im 5'6" 196 at 12% bodyfat and want to get down to around 7% bodyfat by this summer. Everybody has different theories on fat content to loose fat. and i wanted to hear your view.

i realize it depends on how many carbs your eating etc etc....

so my question is what is the minimum amount of fat intake you could do without risking your body to hold onto fat or lossing to much muscle?

is supplementing with fish oil enough or do you need to eat healthy fats all day?

Comment

Working...
                                X