Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for all the great advice Layne. sorry to be a pain in the ass bro haha

Comment

• no problem, if i didn't want to help... I wouldn't LOL
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• I did the bf test in the water. It was a few weeks before a contest. I was looking pretty good and the test said I was about 11%. The number bothered me but the mirror said something else. Layne have you ever had that test?

Comment

• I actually ended up winning my class and only lost a few more lbs.

Comment

• no, i have done DXA though. DXA is the most accurate test available and it put me 3% higher than I was on calipers when I was pinching as hard as I possibly could
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Layne how much creatine would you recommend for me?

I'm currently 230lbs.

Also, i'd like to start eating up to about 300 grams of protein a day. how do you think i could accomplish that when i already eat around 40 grams of protein per meal, every 3 hours. 5 times a day.

By my 5th meal im going to bed, and that's usually a protein shake.

So i dont know where to fit another meal in without eating less than every 3 hours.

Would increasing my intake to 50 grams per meal be a good start or even worth it?
              THE FAMILY THAT I LIVE FOR ONLY BREATHES THE AIR THAT SMELLS OF COMBAT

Comment

• i don't think you need to go as high as 300. 250 is plenty. 40g every 3 hours is fine. If you wake up at night slam a protein shake or something.

5g/creatine per day is plenty for you

Nothing crazy, nothing radical. Often the best things are the most moderate & logical.

2 words not often well understood in the bodybuilding community
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  i don't think you need to go as high as 300. 250 is plenty. 40g every 3 hours is fine. If you wake up at night slam a protein shake or something.

5g/creatine per day is plenty for you

Nothing crazy, nothing radical. Often the best things are the most moderate & logical.

2 words not often well understood in the bodybuilding community
                  I totally agree so i'll give this a whirl, thanks.
                  THE FAMILY THAT I LIVE FOR ONLY BREATHES THE AIR THAT SMELLS OF COMBAT

Comment

• @Lanye
                    Can you recommend a caliper where you can measure your body fat by yourself which isn't to expensive but is accurate. Because there are al lot of calipers and the prices differ enormously and I know that not every caliper gives an accurate reading.

Comment

• usually it is the person performing the test that is the reason for inaccurate calipers... not the calipers themselves. I use the digital ones.

the best way to do it IMO is to test your bodyfat 5 times and take an average of the 5, that will be more accurate than just doing it once
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Layne, I have decided that I am not going to compete this year, and wait until next year so I do not have the pressure of trying to rush to put on 10 lbs. of muscle in six months... after all I want quality, and I want to take the stage at 190 lbs. or better. Theefore, the rest of this year will be spent practicing on posing, bringing up the weak areas, and eating.

And on that note, my co-worker who is a powerlifter suggested that I need to come off of eating as clean as I do, and just go for it. Of course, do not pig out, but back off of the typical competiton diet. This is sound advice, right?? I mean, after all, he and I are in two entirely different areas.

Comment

• whats DXA? how much does it cost to get it done? right now with the army i have the tried and true TAPE test LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            i do it myself
                            Do you just take caliper measurements on the front of your body (I'm thinking it would be pretty much impossible to get scapula or any other back measurements by yourself!)? Which sites?

Comment

• Layne,

It was nice meeting ya at the show...Sorry we coundnt talk some more...What show are you going to be next at...

chris
                              SPONSORED BY MUSCLECHEMISTRY.COM

Comment

• hey layne great meeting you today at the mid il. you are a really cool guy. and i supose i'll take it a little easier on the newbies on the boards.

adam
                                2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

Working...
                                X