Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, it was just my foolishness. It happened during a powerlifting workout but it was simply a matter of me rushing through the workout and not executing the proper form. When you are using max poundages you can't allow your form to slip period.
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Layne, sorry to hear about the injury bro.

Good to see you for about 30 seconds. LOL
      TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
      www.fitcorps.net

Comment

• Layne, I am truely sorry to hear about your set back. You are a very smart individual and you will recover just fine i am sure. I had a very similar thing happen to my while deadlifting about 34 months ago. It has never been the same and i agrivated it since doing heavy db shrugs. It looks differernt when its flexed and not flexed, but i am taking it easy. i have terrible health insurance so i cannot rely on things that you can at this point. Its so great that you can rely on doctors fro second opinions/sergery if needed, and MRI's ect ect. Youll be just fine bro. Im in the same boat.
        Last edited by lilGiant; March 4, 2008, 01:08 PM.
        Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
        F.I.T. Corps

Comment

• 3-4 months*
          Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
          F.I.T. Corps

Comment

• Sorry to hear about the pec man - you don't deserve that shit...

wondering what you think of this study as you are well learned on leucine..

Br J Nutr, March 1, 2008; 99(3): 571-80

R Koopman, LB Verdijk, M Beelen, M Gorselink, AN Kruseman, AJ Wagenmakers, H Kuipers, and LJ van Loon

Leucine has been suggested to have the potential to modulate muscle protein metabolism by increasing muscle protein synthesis. The objective of this study was to investigate the surplus value of the co-ingestion of free leucine with protein hydrolysate and carbohydrate following physical activity in elderly men. Eight elderly men (mean age 73 +/- 1 years) were randomly assigned to two cross-over treatments consuming either carbohydrate and protein hydrolysate (CHO+PRO) or carbohydrate, protein hydrolysate with additional leucine (CHO+PRO+leu) after performing 30 min of standardized physical activity. Primed, continuous infusions with l-[ring-13C6]phenylalanine and l-[ring-2H2]tyrosine were applied, and blood and muscle samples were collected to assess whole-body protein turnover as well as protein fractional synthetic rate in the vastus lateralis muscle over a 6 h period. Whole-body protein breakdown and synthesis rates were not different between treatments. Phenylalanine oxidation rates were significantly lower in the CHO+PRO+leu v. CHO+PRO treatment. As a result, whole-body protein balance was significantly greater in the CHO+PRO+leu compared to the CHO+PRO treatment (23.8 (sem 0.3) v. 23.2 (sem 0.3) mumol/kg per h, respectively; P < 0.05). Mixed muscle fractional synthetic rate averaged 0.081 (sem 0.003) and 0.082 (sem 0.006) %/h in the CHO+PRO+leu and CHO+PRO treatment, respectively (NS). Co-ingestion of leucine with carbohydrate and protein following physical activity does not further elevate muscle protein fractional synthetic rate in elderly men when ample protein is ingested.
            PMID: 17697406

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
              No, it was just my foolishness. It happened during a powerlifting workout but it was simply a matter of me rushing through the workout and not executing the proper form. When you are using max poundages you can't allow your form to slip period.

say wha wha what?.....Wow! I am re-reading the thread. It was awesome catching up bro! Krissy can not stop talking about how beautiful Isabella is. She was really nice. You did good there

Hope the test on monday went well...it was a long weekend, you had to be exhusted. Hell, I just woke up..lol
              Natural Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• deadlifts need your opinion layne

so heres my deal with deadlifts , i've done them off the floor and half rack witht he pins set to just bellow the knees for about 4 years now. and i do feel them , but for the past 3 weeks i've been doing weighted hyperextensions and the pump i get from thoose is way beyond my deadlift work , my lower back gets so pumped and tight. i'm almost at the point of givig up deadlifts for weighted hyperextensions. would this be a smart idea if i'm getting a better pump/feeling????

Comment

• Unless you're injured, I would NEVER take deadlifts out of your workout regimen altogether. They're great for overall back development. If you want a variation, maybe try rack deads, and not pull from the floor.

Just my $0.02
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall.

Comment

• Hey layne what are your thoughts on Juiceplus? Also would you take an extra multi vitamin as well? thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
                      so heres my deal with deadlifts , i've done them off the floor and half rack witht he pins set to just bellow the knees for about 4 years now. and i do feel them , but for the past 3 weeks i've been doing weighted hyperextensions and the pump i get from thoose is way beyond my deadlift work , my lower back gets so pumped and tight. i'm almost at the point of givig up deadlifts for weighted hyperextensions. would this be a smart idea if i'm getting a better pump/feeling????
                      why not just alternate both.
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by dexterwheeler View Post
                        Hey layne what are your thoughts on Juiceplus? Also would you take an extra multi vitamin as well? thanks in advance
                        no idea what juiceplus is.

extra multi as in taking more than one? no, 99% of bodybuilders overconsume vitamins
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• here is the damage. I honestly feel sick to my stomach posting these photos, knowing that this deformation will just look worse when I'm dieted down for a contest. Makes me not want to compete.

Attached Files
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• When's the MRI Layne?
                            NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Originally posted by crou View Post
                              When's the MRI Layne?
                              Exactly!
                              Layne come one brother. You of all people should know not to just to conclusions before all the evidence is in. Focus on that recovery not competing right now. Ya know point A then point B to get to C.
                              Sending more good mojo right...now!
                              Assistant to the regional manager.
                              Iron8 approved

Comment

• You have everyone supporting and backing you and you know you'll be back at it sometime soon.

But i have to say i did say watch out trying to power lift and do 1 rep sets it just isnt that safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X