Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by niubodybuilder05 View Post
    You have everyone supporting and backing you and you know you'll be back at it sometime soon.

But i have to say i did say watch out trying to power lift and do 1 rep sets it just isnt that safe.

it wasn't powerlifting that caused it. I did not execute the rep properly and was rushing through my workout... plenty of guys powerlift and never tear their pecs... I blame myself totally for this.

I'm down right now... never said I was out. Just got some X-ray's done at the ortho today... found out my rotator cuffs are in great shape LOL.

He believes the pec is partially torn at the tendon/muscle junction

bad news: this is very hard to repai and typically surgery is not done for it. It will definitely cause the pec to have a deformity

good news: since I am a professional bodybuilder he understands part of the way I make my livelyhood is by my appearance so even if surgery does not make it functionally that much better, he understands it may be worth it for me. So we have an MRI scheduled on friday and then a follow up visit on tuesday.

-Layne
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• It doesnt look that noticable to me in those pics. If you didn't mention it I don't think I could tell. I am sure you will be better than ever, once you give it some time. You are smart enough you will be back. Everyone know's you have the determination, good luck.

Comment

• To me, it just looks a bit swollen. Time will tell, of course.

Comment

• yea man to be honest, the only one i can tell where it looks different is the pic on the very right.

Comment

• i appreciate that guys but it is much more apparant in person and as the tissue atrophies it will become moreso
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Great to see that the Doc is down with the BB. Sounds like you're in really good hands there. And man that's on the ball for getting an MRI in 2 days. That's good stuff right there.
              Sending mojo to last through Friday right...now!
              Assistant to the regional manager.
              Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by thagman View Post
                Sorry to hear about that, bro. This is nothing but a minor setback.

hey layne..

pics of ur injury or it didnt happen

edit**

read thread.. shit dude.. i'm bummed too.. you're my bodybuilding idol..
                you'll be alright man! push through, surgeory can fix everything, despite whether doctors say it can or can't.

i still expect to see a 405 flat bench this month.

NO EXCUSES!!

Comment

• hey layne I looked at your pics mate and I won't bullshit you I can see it. But the best possible thing you could have done in sourcing medical advice and treatment right away, you have already done. Also a relief to hear that you have found a bb friendly dr

I would not worry about the future too much at this stage until you have had a chance to take action and then rest up and recover. Stay strong buddy
                  www.physique-essentials.com

Comment

• Alright Layne , now time for you to swith to MMA.

Comment

• I'm so sorry man, but if there's one thing I've noticed from watching you video series and reading your articles, is that you won't ever give up. I have 100% faith in you that you will overcome this and look better than before!

Comment

• Originally posted by italian heat View Post
                        Alright Layne , now time for you to swith to MMA.
                        HAHA, my bro who fights professionally said "you need to fight, it's safer... never seen anyone tear a pec fighting" LOL
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                          HAHA, my bro who fights professionally said "you need to fight, it's safer... never seen anyone tear a pec fighting" LOL
                          I think I'd prefer the tear to being punch drunk.

Comment

• Hey Layne

just my two cents this guy in the gym suffered the same injury, and when he dited it didnt really that bad though to be honest depending on who far that rip is.

yea thats defiantly a rip. but with all honesty its not really that noticeable. just work around the injury, there no prof that says to build a monsterous chest you need heavy weights...unless your ronnie coleman of course lol

forge on buddy its not a big deal, I know your saying its easy to say cause its not me but if it makes you feel any better I tore both tendons around my knee cap, and i still found creative ways to stimulate my legs and now there bigger than ever, and i couldn't train arms for 7 months! severe tennis eblow, I just recently started to train arms. so in theory your injury isnt that bad.
                            "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post

haha. I just found a gym to train in Naples , Florida. I did a bodybuilding show , which I really enjoyed. Im gonna give mma a try before my next show in 09. Probably get the shit kicked out of me the first couple fights , but it should be fun.

Comment

• SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THIS LAYNE...WHEN DID IT HAPPEN? AFTER OR BEFORE THE ARNOLD?
                                2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

Working...
                                X