Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit!I'm sorry to hear it Layne...as I told you before, you could try to ask for a consultation during the recover period to Victor Prisk. I think that he has a lot of experiences with tears from sport/bb's accidents and as bb too, he can understand your situation

Comment

• Hey lane I just wanted too wish u a speedy recovery, I know you'll bounce back even harder. But hey this water-sodium thing is driving me crazy. I'm 3 weeks out from my show and I have been on a low sodium diet mon-sat, with the cheat day on sunday, now with the cheat on the first meal ex. pancakes I would fill out like I don't know what, but since I've been really watching my salt and I notice after the first meal I'm still kind of flat and from what i've read from your previous post is that my salt is too low, but the next day after the cheat day I'm so freakin bloated and I know It is the salt. So what I figured out is for the show I either 1)taper the water for the show and add some salt too every meal. or 2)keep the salt out and drink water all the way up too the show. I've seen kiyoshi's way of doing but it seems like he's a natural ectomorph and he might be able too handle a lot of sodium and carbs but i"m a mesomorph and have to diet down for shows, but it seems if i drink a lot of water and med amount of salt my body is going to react too the salt because I stay bloated and I don't pee as much. But there is my symptoms and was wondering does body type have anything too do with it. And also in your past post explaing the body when you cut water and sodium and then try too carb load it doesn't work. I was just wondering the solution for this.

Comment

• people can't wish a recovery without throwing in a full paragraph question eh? LOL

why have you been restricting sodium this far out? that in and of itself is a very bad mistake
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Dude, that sucks; I feel for you.

Comment

• that was no paragraph

that was the world's longest run on sentence

LOL
            What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

Comment

• So is the doc you say referring the surgeon or is that still up to you?
              You got to figure that with just about any surgery you were going to have done that the recovery was going to take some time.
              I'm sure that Isabelle would rather have you all back together than being worried about looking good for your honeymoon. You have many many... many years ahead together to look 'good' for her.

So how does a person train around such an injury through the recovery process? Can't really train in a arm sling can you? I should rephrase that. Most people couldn't train with an arm sling, but the guy who has a 'ridiculous tolerance to pain' just may figure out a way lol
              Praying that everything goes smooth brother
              Assistant to the regional manager.
              Iron8 approved

Comment

• Layne's a smart dude I'm sure he'll take the proper rest. I hope you're not beating yourself up too much for this injury Layne.
                NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• sorry to hear that Layne. Good luck on your recovery. 6-12 months is a little while but at least you're still young and have a big future ahead of you! I guess keep eating alot so you don't lose muscle, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by crou View Post
                    Layne's a smart dude I'm sure he'll take the proper rest. I hope you're not beating yourself up too much for this injury Layne.
                    No no. I wouldn't ever say he's not or wouldn't. Just that a guy with his determination will find a way to train other body parts while STILL letting the injury heal completely.
                    Home boy has a long prosperous career ahead of him.

Like I hurt my back a few months ago and I'll admit it scared me to get in the gym. The thought of going through that pain and just the time it took to get to where it is now was somehting I didn't want to repeat. Lesson learned. If you're going to deadlift. Pay attention to form lol
                    Assistant to the regional manager.
                    Iron8 approved

Comment

• It goes to show, that even unintentially and at the worst of ways, you are always teaching us. This obstacle you are facing now goes to teach us that no one is immune to injury and we must take every precaution especially with proper warm up (as in this case) in order to continue our road to a better body. I wish you the best man and I am sure when you look back on this, you will be so much better of for it, everything happens for a reason (what it is...we don't always know).
                      "Strongman is an external view of how pissed off I really am at the world."

Comment

• Wow, really? I should start going to the doctors for my injuries more often. I guess you never really know huh?

You'll be back at it in 7 months tops
                        www.ironbrendan.com

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your injury Layne. I had a similar situation in '03 while getting ready for the Team Universe. While doing incline dumbell presses Max-OT style I dislocated my sterno-clavicular joint and had to withdraw from the contest. Coincidentally that injury was a few months before my wedding in St. Lucia. I was very bummed, but shit happens and we get through it. Good luck to you.
                          https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

• Layne,
                            Bro, I hope things move in the direction of a fast, full recovery! It sucks when you get a serious injury. I had a complete AC joint reconstructon done from a football injury that happened in college. It took me almost a year to recover. I noticed however that even with me working all other bodyparts and doing only my right side for chest,shlder, ect..., the loss of muscle was less then expected. Soo, everything I read about your bodies ability to adapt was true in the sense of having the ability to lessen the atrophy when training only 1 side.
                            Good luck bro, and just enjoy one of the best times of your life.
                            D

Comment

• Good luck with the recovery Layne. I'm sure when you're ready to come back you'll gain it all back and more. Until then it's time to dust off the video games.

Comment

• Layne,

Sorry to hear about the tear was so bad. Time to focus on the good things - that wedding you've got coming up.

You seem like the kind of guy to find the blessing in disguise here.

Anything I can do, just holler.

-Randy

Comment

Working...
                                X