Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne, hope you have a speedy recovery. If anyone can come right back to normal from a pec tear in under a year-- it's you. Continue to keep your head up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Schmoove View Post
      Layne, hope you have a speedy recovery. If anyone can come right back to normal from a pec tear in under a year-- it's you. Continue to keep your head up.
      Ditto.

Comment

• Layne, extremely sorry to hear about the injury. I have to say all this talk about getting back to training or training in a sling has me a bit concerned. I'm sure everyone's heart is in the right place and I can't say I have any first hand experience with muscle tears so some here might know more than I do on this but I would be careful on the comeback trail. As with many here, I'm addicted to the iron and probably work through injuries that I should not but I have a feeling that you don't want to mess with the recovery on this one. When it's all said and done, the muscle memory should kick in and you will spring back at that point as you ease back into it. Don't let the high pain threshold push you too far too fast in being determined to regain everything as soon as possible. I'm sure the wife-to-be will be happy to have you around some more to pick out centerpieces and stuff like that so relish your time together on the way to the big day before you go back to our gym rat ways. Enjoy your wedding and cruise!

Comment

• sorry to hear about the full extent of your injury layne but kudos to you. It would have been easier to just kickback with the "she'll be right mate" mentality and miss the window of opportunity for the best action possible. Try to keep positive and you'll be back before you know it, 12 months is nothing!
          www.physique-essentials.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Graphlex View Post
            Layne, extremely sorry to hear about the injury. I have to say all this talk about getting back to training or training in a sling has me a bit concerned. I'm sure everyone's heart is in the right place and I can't say I have any first hand experience with muscle tears so some here might know more than I do on this but I would be careful on the comeback trail. As with many here, I'm addicted to the iron and probably work through injuries that I should not but I have a feeling that you don't want to mess with the recovery on this one. When it's all said and done, the muscle memory should kick in and you will spring back at that point as you ease back into it. Don't let the high pain threshold push you too far too fast in being determined to regain everything as soon as possible. I'm sure the wife-to-be will be happy to have you around some more to pick out centerpieces and stuff like that so relish your time together on the way to the big day before you go back to our gym rat ways. Enjoy your wedding and cruise!
            Whatever the doc says, i'm going to follow. period.

I will actually probably see less of Isabel since going to the gym was a good part of the time we spent together, we work all day then we get to go to the gym and then we eat dinner and go to bed, so I'll probably see her less because she is training for a show
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your setback Layne. At least you got it looked at right away. Some just take time off and try and get back to the gym. You'll be back sooner than expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                Whatever the doc says, i'm going to follow. period.

I will actually probably see less of Isabel since going to the gym was a good part of the time we spent together, we work all day then we get to go to the gym and then we eat dinner and go to bed, so I'll probably see her less because she is training for a show
                Oh man, that sounds sad when you say that. You should not let the fact that you are not going to the gym affect your time together that much. If it does, I know I would make it a point to go anyway. Maybe you can go in and just do the stationary bike for some light cardio, keep the bodyfat low and the relationship up. Either way I wish the two of you the best and I am sure everything will work out well in the end
                "Strongman is an external view of how pissed off I really am at the world."

Comment

• hey layne, sorry to hear about your injury m8, im sure youll come back stronger than ever, just a setback, nothing you cant overcome.

i was chatting to john berry the other day (said hed spoke to you b4), hes a good bloke, were discussing genetics and stuff. we both agreed work ethic is just as important and your a prime example of what can be achieved thru hard work. hope you take that as a compliment!

Comment

• Hey Layne, good to hear you had the injury properly diagnosed, atleast now you can go down the right route to repair the damage. Keep you head and and you'll bounce back with more fury than ever.

In the mean time don't be slacking on those legs, i expect you to be looking like quadzilla by the time you compete.
                    Contest Prep, Muscle building- http://www.trainwithsklayne.co.uk

Comment

• Just because you cant workout, doesnt mean you cant got to the gym to support your future wife and just hang out with her. BUt if the doc says not to goa nywhere i guess you cant do that.

Comment

• Layne I know this isn't really relevant with everything else happening in your life but do you think you'll ever compete in the Team Universe?
                        NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• I just got back from the surgeon. Again, I have good news and I have bad news.

The good news is this guy is a great surgery, he did surgeries for the chicago bears and I really like him. My insurance will also most likely cover the surgery as well.

The bad news is this pec tear is a worst case scenario pec tear. He actually thinks some of the tearing is in the muscle belly itself and is unrepairable. He is not even sure that surgery will help it at all but the only way to find out is to get in there and see. This is the only chance I've got to get this thing better and so I have to take the risk.

I appreciate everyone's comments about my work ethic and how hard I work, but I'm afraid hard work is not going to bring my pec back to health or shape. That is out of my hands at this point and that is the hardest part of this whole thing.

I appreciate everyone's support.

-Layne
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            I just got back from the surgeon. Again, I have good news and I have bad news.

The good news is this guy is a great surgery, he did surgeries for the chicago bears and I really like him. My insurance will also most likely cover the surgery as well.

The bad news is this pec tear is a worst case scenario pec tear. He actually thinks some of the tearing is in the muscle belly itself and is unrepairable. He is not even sure that surgery will help it at all but the only way to find out is to get in there and see. This is the only chance I've got to get this thing better and so I have to take the risk.

I appreciate everyone's comments about my work ethic and how hard I work, but I'm afraid hard work is not going to bring my pec back to health or shape. That is out of my hands at this point and that is the hardest part of this whole thing.

I appreciate everyone's support.

-Layne
                            This might not be the most popular thing to say, but Layne my family will pray for you and your situation. You help a ton of people. I think there are quite a few on here keeping you in their thoughts right now. Right now it's hard to look on the bright side, but after you have recovered it will mean a lot.

No matter what I hope you only focus on making your chest look the best it's capable of looking, not worrying about something you dont know about yet (the shape and look of your chest down the road). You have no control over anything except how hard you bust your butt when it's time again. Thinking and worrying about how your chest will look wont change anything and will keep you down.

In the meantime, turn that girl of yours into the next big thing.
                            TEAM GORMAN

Comment

• When is the surgery scheduled for?

Fingers, toes crossed that he's a wizard in the O.R.
                              Mega positive mojo coming at ya Layne!!
                              Praying for you
                              Assistant to the regional manager.
                              Iron8 approved

Comment

• isabel will be great, that's easy.

I know I have a lot more going right in my life than going wrong; but it's hard not to want it all. Bodybuilding means so much to me, and to have something like this... it's like getting my heart torn out. That may sound dramatic but I love what I do, I love going into the gym and tearing it up. I love presenting myself onstage. It's just tough for me to cope with right now
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X