Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oregonpanthers View Post
    April 29th 2006, an NPC contest in Appleton, WI. I took 7th out of 10 lightheavies.
    From what i was told is you got 9th out of 9th.

Comment

• then what happend to the 10th guy who was in our show??? i have the score cards (copies) right here and they say 7th, just going by what i see on the paper.

PS....this is why i was told time and time again in the weeks prior to the show that a natural should not be doing an none tested NPC show, being stubborn like i am i went right ahead and found out what everyone was warning me against!

there was an INBF contest in Oshkosh, WI the same day which was what many were pushing me to do (and was my initial plan at the very start) but the incentive of doing a bigger more well known show such as the npc fox cities got the best of me.
      MS - Human Sport Performance
      NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Comment

• Pics from my last contest (in the hotel about 30 minutes after finals)

Last edited by oregonpanthers; March 25, 2008, 10:37 AM.
        MS - Human Sport Performance
        NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Comment

then what happend to the 10th guy who was in our show??? i have the score cards (copies) right here and they say 7th, just going by what i see on the paper.

PS....this is why i was told time and time again in the weeks prior to the show that a natural should not be doing an none tested NPC show, being stubborn like i am i went right ahead and found out what everyone was warning me against!

there was an INBF contest in Oshkosh, WI the same day which was what many were pushing me to do (and was my initial plan at the very start) but the incentive of doing a bigger more well known show such as the npc fox cities got the best of me.
          i personally think you are thinking about the wrong stuff. quit worrying about whether the show is tested or not. you need to worry about bringing up lagging body parts with a strong off season, then focus on the contest prep. so many things are out of your control that you are worrying about or letting others tell you about- just focus on yourself.
          TEAM GORMAN

Comment

• In my opinion to make big progress people need to give themselves 2 solid years off from competition... you are giving yourself a year and a half but you are about to start prep so it's really only about a year, I would honestly wait until next spring, you're young give yourself time to grow
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

then what happend to the 10th guy who was in our show??? i have the score cards (copies) right here and they say 7th, just going by what i see on the paper.

there are plenty of naturals who do very well in non-tested NPC shows

a good friend and client of mine got 2nd in his class in a controversial decision at a very tough non-tested NPC show
              MorphogenNutrition.com
              Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• here is an update guys, this will be going up on my blog shortly:

Hello everyone,
                Monday afternoon I had my follow up with the physicians assistant who assisted with the surgery on my pec. She told me that when they opened me up my 'pec was a mess.' I had significant scar tissue and fluid build up and a large portion of the surgery they spent just trying to find the torn fibers. They were able to find them and retrieve them but could not get them all the way up to the tendon so in order to bridge the gap between the tendon and the muscle they made a 'bridge' using a very strong filament called FiberWire. They attached my torn muscle fibers to one end and the torn tendon to the other and this should allow them to heal together. Furthermore, she said that when they pulled the fibers back up to the tendon my pec regained the proper shape. She said they may never be perfectly symmetrical, but they will be MUCH better off than they would have been without surgery. As I'm sure you can imagine, I was thrilled to hear this news. They also took my bandages off and I got to see the incision for the first time, it is sizable running from where my pec meets my shoulder down into my armpit, but I'm not worried about the scar, it will make for a cool story.

As for my recovery, I still have to wear my arm brace for 2-3 more weeks, after that I can begin physical therapy to regain my range of motion and function. Physical therapy will be grueling and frustrating she said, as I will only be able to get back very small amounts of range of motion at a time. She said it may be 4-6 months until I am ready to be cleared for lifting. I am not worried about that though, I am still cleared to work legs! So legs it is! I am going to purchase special squat bar that allows me to keep my hands in front of me while squatting so I can begin squatting during physical therapy once my brace is off. To this point I have not lost more than about a pound since the original injury and there is no noticeable atrophy of my chest and arm, though I have lost some fullness. I think a big reason why I've been able to stave off atrophy is because I have stuck to my diet. So many people go off their diets when they get injured because they feel there is no point. They are wrong! When you cannot train your diet is the only thing that can save you. I have been even more strict with my food intake. I have also been dosing Xtend to get BCAAs between my meals as well as HMB and both of these have been shown to reduce muscle protein breakdown, so I feel they have also aided me in holding onto my size.

Overall I'm very happy and encouraged by how well the surgery went. Each doctor tried to talk me out of surgery but I did my own research and knew that surgery was the only chance I would have to regain most of my strength, functionality, and symmetry. The surgeon himself said he thought surgery might not do anything at all. I told him that I loved bodybuilding and lifting weights and if it even just gave me 5 or 10% more functionality, strength, and made it look a little better, it was worth it for me. After the surgery he told Isabel he was surprised he was able to do anything at all, but I had read many medical case studies on this surgery and knew that in most cases the surgery does help things, and sure enough it looks like it did.

I sure hope you all are ready for the comeback...

-Layne
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post

a good friend and client of mine got 2nd in his class in a controversial decision at a very tough non-tested NPC show
                  Yep. Here there are a handful on naturals that do very well at the Contra Costa. Which is a huge NPC show in Cali.
                  Layne is prepping 2 of my friends that should do quite well there, and they don't even use OTC.
                  Assistant to the regional manager.
                  Iron8 approved

Comment

• Layne- Version 2.0 coming soon!!!
                    Hellz yea!
                    Assistant to the regional manager.
                    Iron8 approved

Comment

• Layne glad to see things going the way they are for you

Go figure you'd be squatting without upper body function...now that's dedication
                      MorphogenNutrition.com

Comment

• Great news Layne!! I'm really happy to hear that it won't be noticeable. Can't wait to see some videos of those squats. Keep the spirits up.

Jim
                        NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Pulling for you Layne, best of luck to you.
                          My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

I agree, 99% of my shows have been non tested shows and done well. This weekend Scoobysnacks competed 100% naturally and housed his class.

Hoss is 3 weeks out and looks real good!

Hard work and good nutrition!
                            TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
                            Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

Layne glad to see things going the way they are for you

Go figure you'd be squatting without upper body function...now that's dedication
                              Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
                                I agree, 99% of my shows have been non tested shows and done well. This weekend Scoobysnacks competed 100% naturally and housed his class.

Hoss is 3 weeks out and looks real good!

Hard work and good nutrition!

yeah Jason rocked up there and Kyle looks crazy

you gotta believe it can be done
                                MorphogenNutrition.com

Comment

Working...
                                X