Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ripped230 View Post
    Layne,

While I certainly wish you a quick recovery, you have brought the haters on yourself.

After watching the vid's on getbig I had to ask myself why? Making vid's like you have that are not only funny to watch, but serve no purpose in building your physique, only bring negative attention to yourself. It's like the guy in my local gym that was jumping up and down with 135 pounds on his back.

Funny to watch, but useless.
    Are you pro? Because the person you are talking shit on is. Go back to getbig douchebag.

Comment

• You mis-interpreted my posting.

What I meant was, lifting heavy when you have no purpose lifting heavy, or your body cannot handle more then at least 6 reps is useless. You call yourself a bodybuilder correct? Then why would you rep out at one? I'm not sure why someone as "educated" as yourself needs to be told this, so I can only assume this is because of ego. You don't need to stroke your ego when you are a true bodybuilder. Doing one rep of any weight is either for a power lifter, or for your ego. Which one is it in your case?

You are correct about not giving a damn. If you probably would have listened to your doctors, or anyone else for that matter, you wouldn't have probably gotten yourself in your predicament. Part of growing in life is listening to others, and I see you have a problem with that.

I'm certainly not a coward otherwise I'd be one of the people here giving you false wishes of how much they can't wait to see you rebound, or waiting for Layne 2.0, etc. etc. bla bla bla. I've always been known to tell it like I see it, and I see someone funny, specifically you Layne. If you wouldn't have replied like you did, especially after I wished you the best, then I wouldn't be postings this retort of your babbling nonsensical BS.

Perhaps getbig.com was/is correct.

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      lifting heavy serves no purpose in building a physique?
      lol, I could give a damn less what anyone else thinks. If I cared, I would have stopped doing it long ago. I do it because for every person who hates on me for it, I get 10 more people who say it inspires them or makes them want to train harder. So I'll take the haters. It seems like if you are a natural bodybuilder and you train light you're a pussy but if you try to train hard and heavy and hardcore you are 'funny' so I'll keep on being 'funny'. Honestly I know I look ridiculous, I laugh at myself in them, but I don't care, that's what gets me fired up and that's what lets me get the most out of my workouts, that's how I have fun in the gym. If you don't like it, sucks for you.

As for 'bringing haters' on myself. It's one thing to give a guy a ribbing for the way he lifts, it's quite another to laugh at another person's misfortunes and make fun of them. That is done by insecure, miserable, cowardly individuals.

Comment

You mis-interpreted my posting.

What I meant was, lifting heavy when you have no purpose lifting heavy, or your body cannot handle more then at least 6 reps is useless. You call yourself a bodybuilder correct? Then why would you rep out at one? I'm not sure why someone as "educated" as yourself needs to be told this, so I can only assume this is because of ego. You don't need to stroke your ego when you are a true bodybuilder. Doing one rep of any weight is either for a power lifter, or for your ego. Which one is it in your case?

You are correct about not giving a damn. If you probably would have listened to your doctors, or anyone else for that matter, you wouldn't have probably gotten yourself in your predicament. Part of growing in life is listening to others, and I see you have a problem with that.

I'm certainly not a coward otherwise I'd be one of the people here giving you false wishes of how much they can't wait to see you rebound, or waiting for Layne 2.0, etc. etc. bla bla bla. I've always been known to tell it like I see it, and I see someone funny, specifically you Layne. If you wouldn't have replied like you did, especially after I wished you the best, then I wouldn't be postings this retort of your babbling nonsensical BS.

Layne was training for a powerlifting meet this summer when he injured himself.

Comment

You call yourself a bodybuilder correct? Then why would you rep out at one? I'm not sure why someone as "educated" as yourself needs to be told this, so I can only assume this is because of ego.
          Or maybe the fact that he was getting ready for a power lifting comp.

Comment

• It would be funny to watch this guy attempt front squats with 405....OMG that would be so funny

How can you argue with Layne's results? He's a Pro...AND is getting a PhD in the science of protein synthesis.

Comment

• what can i say, you can do everything in your power to help others and some people just aren't going to like you. I'm not going to lose sleep over trying to get everyone to like me or agree with what I do. I'm not sure what was nonsensical about my reply. I thought I laid it out decently well. As far as calling you a coward, that was not directed at you in particular, but anyone who makes fun of other people's misfortunes in general. I could spend paragraphs trying to convince you why you are wrong about me and why I'm a good guy and blah blah blah, but I'm not because I've learned that no matter what you do, no matter how good your intentions are, there will be people who find reasons to dislike you. That's fine. I love lifting heavy. I love bodybuilding. I love helping people. I'm not going to apologize for any of that or have anyone try to make me feel bad about it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just think it's low to make light of another's misfortunes. I disagree that if you can't handle more than 6 reps it is useless, low rep lifting helps build strength and overall mass (just look at Dom for crying out loud) and accounts for more actual myofibrillar hypertrophy. As far as me 'lifting for ego'. I love lifting heavy... not going to apologize for that.
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Hey Layne,
                I wouldn't even worry about these idiots who are talking crap on you. We all wish you the best on your recovery. get back soon

Comment

• creatine cycling

layne,
                  should one cycle creatine or just use it year round. because i know people who cycle and say that it loses it effect if you dont. and then i know people who use it year round and swear by it.

Comment

• Why does it matter to someone, whether you go heavy or not, or how many reps?

Its an attack disguized as a thoughtful well written post exhibiting obsessions of another person on how they train....

Essentially Layne, he is a fan, maybe a jealous fan, but a fan and that is how he shows his adoration, by attacking you....PRETTY SICK

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                      what can i say, you can do everything in your power to help others and some people just aren't going to like you. I'm not going to lose sleep over trying to get everyone to like me or agree with what I do. I'm not sure what was nonsensical about my reply. I thought I laid it out decently well. As far as calling you a coward, that was not directed at you in particular, but anyone who makes fun of other people's misfortunes in general. I could spend paragraphs trying to convince you why you are wrong about me and why I'm a good guy and blah blah blah, but I'm not because I've learned that no matter what you do, no matter how good your intentions are, there will be people who find reasons to dislike you. That's fine. I love lifting heavy. I love bodybuilding. I love helping people. I'm not going to apologize for any of that or have anyone try to make me feel bad about it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just think it's low to make light of another's misfortunes. I disagree that if you can't handle more than 6 reps it is useless, low rep lifting helps build strength and overall mass (just look at Dom for crying out loud) and accounts for more actual myofibrillar hypertrophy. As far as me 'lifting for ego'. I love lifting heavy... not going to apologize for that.
                      I love lifting heavy too Layne. And then, we get all these people who wonder why, even as bodybuilders, we have great strength in all rep ranges...not to mention all of the steroid compliments we get. And what's interesting is that a lot of your top IFBB pros, well, weren't a lot of them powerlifters before being a bodybuilder? Hmm...interesting.

You don't have to apologize for anything...ever since you helped me get to where I am at, I have had my fair share of haters as well. That just means you are obviously doing something right.

Sporto
                      IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
                      Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

• Lets hope so! In the next two- three years I hope to see him there. I only say 2-3 because of the injury and his studies. In regard to the post about how Layne trains... I think its funny! He's having fun and getting results so who cares if he puts on a little show. Injuries can happen any time. Was he careless, maybe maybe not, but it is what it is. A little set back and then some more funny videos!lol If you can find a natty who trains light and has the size of a roider then give me his routine! Any person that knows anything about training knows the need to work in all rep ranges at one time or the other. Stay positive Layne.
                        Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                        Layne when you are back and ready for action have you ever considered any NPC shows?

I honestly think you'd fair pretty well at the TU with your condition
                        http://www.facebook.com/PastorPump , IAFS Master Trainer www.iafscertification.com

Comment

We're all extremely fortunate to have you here to tell us how it is, and speak the truth. I don't know how I ever could have seen through the success Layne has had in winning a natural pro card, writing multiple articles for national publications, a video series on bodybuilding.com, a training DVD, and eventual phd without your words of wisdom.

Maybe you could do us all a favor, and start your own thread where you take the time and answer questions and help people. Surely, with the wealth of knowledge you're able to provide, it will have over 4,000 posts in it in no time.

I'll keep my eye out for it.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall.

Comment

I sit here and try to think of a reason why anyone would care what kind of videos people post on youtube, etc. of their training and the only reason I can think of is JEALOUSY.

Look man, if you want Layne's physique and conditioning, try working as hard as him and maybe one day your name might be worth mentioning in the same breath of air as his (doubt it).

Until then, you just need to stfu.
                            What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

Comment

• I didn't really want to post on this anymore so after this let's all drop it. I didn't think his initial post was that bad or a bad slam. The only part that bothered me was his notion that I brought the 'hater's upon myself. I completely disagree with that. Show me one successful person that
                              doesn't have people slamming them? They all do, it's just how it is, and that's why I disagree with what he's saying. I don't know about him being jealous, etc or all that and I could really care less, I just disagreed with what he was saying.
                              BioLayne LLC
                              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Getting back on topic...

so Layne....what about the NPC? Ever consider competing in it? If not in non tested shows (which would be awesome, would be even more bad ass doing well against juicers) why not in the tested circuits? or the TU?
                                Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                                http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X