Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You (and Isabelle) can come to us (to Hungary) and I have food as well....so feel free, but we don't have tested shows, my only chance to compete called "athletic" (max in kg) = height (cm) - 100 + 5%. This category started last year. (promo scitec and musc dev.)

Comment

• thanks for the invitation. If I ever have a chance to get out that way I'll let you know
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Hey Lanye

My name is Cory, I just wanted to say that you look great in picture the back and white one on this board. I currently sit about 26 days out from my show, I was having some issues. With the whole carb up phase. I would like to come in hard and dry. I was also having some issues with sodium/carb manipulation, you say that you go up to 4000mg of sodium, how do count the all sodium? I was also wondering if you rub the preparation H all over your body? Thanks for the help
        Rza

Comment

• sodium counts are listed on the sides of most foods; just like protein/carbs/fats. I don't really use prep H anymore, i don't think it honestly ever did anything
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Don't miss my new article "A calorie is a calorie... or is it?" in this issue of Intelligent Design http://www.intelligentdesignmagazine...es/issue2.html

-Layne
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• i searched your thread and couldnt find this question or answer so sorry if it is a repeat but what is your favorite whey protein? or do you have a specific brand you have to say because of that sponsor u have?
              5% off at Trueprotein.com: RNM120

Comment

• meal after post workout shake?

Layne, how about if 45 min to an hour after post workout shake you are not hungry. Do I stuff food down? Is this normal?
                Cancer SURVIVOR

"Falling isn't FAILURE, FAILURE is not getting back up"

Comment

• Originally posted by Maestro View Post
                  i searched your thread and couldnt find this question or answer so sorry if it is a repeat but what is your favorite whey protein? or do you have a specific brand you have to say because of that sponsor u have?
                  well I am sponsored; but I'll still be straight up. I do like Primaforce WPI the grape & watermelon flavors are awsome and of course chocolate, however WPI is pricier than WPC and if you don't have any digestive issue or lactose sensitivities whey protein concentrate is probably more affordable & pretty much as good. I always used 100% whey from optimum before I was sponsored.
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Deerod021 View Post
                    Layne, how about if 45 min to an hour after post workout shake you are not hungry. Do I stuff food down? Is this normal?
                    i would certainly try to get some food in yes
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• does microwaving your meats degrade the protein?
                      2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

• yes, so does any kind of cooking, but that doesn't mean shit, your body degrades them during digestion too. You end up hydrolyzing all the proteins into the individual amino acids anyway so it doesn't really matter
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• cool thanks i just read a couple studies about it and wanted to get your opinion. i make 5 days worth of chicken at a time and just pop it in the micro when needed so this concerned me a little
                          2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

• na, it's no big deal... i never undstood why people made an issue out of it in the first place
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• while we're on the topic of protein degradation, a old roommate of mine used to make hot cocoa with his chocolate whey protein and microwave his shakes until they were steaming hot. I told him that he probably shouldn't do it since it could denature the protein but he said he didn't give a shit. But you are saying its not really a big deal anyways?
                              5% off at Trueprotein.com: RNM120

Comment

• Originally posted by Maestro
                                While we're on the topic of protein degradation, a old roommate of mine used to make hot cocoa with his chocolate whey protein and microwave his shakes until they were steaming hot. I told him that he probably shouldn't do it since it could denature the protein but he said he didn't give a shit. But you are saying its not really a big deal anyways?
                                It is absolutely no deal whatsoever. You see proteins are long chains of amino acids that are linked together by peptide bonds. Each protein folds into it's own natural 'conformational' shape depending upon the sequence of the amino acids contained within it. Heat and acid will both denature proteins which means they will unfold from this conformational state. However, this does not 'destroy' the protein, it simply causes it to unfold. The amino acids remain intact and are still available. Just to make my point that it does not matter if you denature a protein, look at what happens during digestion. Proteins are exposed to concentrated acid in the stomach (6 Molar Hydrochloric Acid) which will denature almost ANY protein. In the small intestine the denatured protein is then cleaved into individual amino acids, di, and tri-peptides. So as you can see, denaturation is a natural part of digestion and in the end it really doesn't matter anyway if you denature a protein because it ends up being cleaved anyway.
                                Last edited by str8flexed; August 6, 2007, 05:23 PM.
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X