Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Layne mentioned that he cannot travel anywhere about 4 posts ago.
    What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

Comment

• Originally posted by CarpeDiem87 View Post
      Don't mean to steal Layne's thread......but with all the posts on BCAA's recently I was wondering what product is everyone using to take them other then XTEND?? To get 5 grams in the morning and before bed I have to take 10 Optimum Nutrition BCAA pills which just feels like a lot! And I've triend just downing BCAA unflavored but that shit is nasty!! Any products you have found with more grams of BCAA per pill??

Thanks in advance,
      CarpeDiem
      Hands down the best deal I've found on bcaa capsules is AST brand you get 4.5 grams per 6 capsules, the bottle has 500 capsules in it and is only 21.50 at massnutrition.com and the quality is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by shlammed View Post
        I think Layne mentioned that he cannot travel anywhere about 4 posts ago.
        correct, isabel will be going to the show & awards ceremony in my stead
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by CHM HARDCORE View Post
          Hands down the best deal I've found on bcaa capsules is AST brand you get 4.5 grams per 6 capsules, the bottle has 500 capsules in it and is only 21.50 at massnutrition.com and the quality is great.
          That really is a good deal! I usually use the capsules during a bulk phase due to the cost. But I really like Xtend during a cut due to the taste, it almost feels like I am cheating.

Comment

• update on the recovery, have another apointment on monday so we'll see if i can get my brace off. I'm working legs 3x/week and right now I'm only down 3 lbs with no visible bodyfat gain. My right pec now is slightly less full and smaller than my left, but I'm not sure you'd even notice it if you weren't looking for it, though it does look flat. My right shoulder and arm are slightly atrophied but nothing bad. I am suprised how well I've maintained my muscle, I think it's really due to me having my nutrition on point... I never stopped eating like a bodybuilder. I also have been taking xtend (BCAAs) and HMB to really combat protein breakdown as they are both good inhibitors of the ubiquitin-proteasome system which is responsible for most of the skeletal muscle degradation in cases of inactivity or immobilization.

oh yea... and i'm cleared to do leg press
            Attached Files
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Good shit.

That's about how much I use for two legs on the leg press.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                update on the recovery, have another apointment on monday so we'll see if i can get my brace off. I'm working legs 3x/week and right now I'm only down 3 lbs with no visible bodyfat gain. My right pec now is slightly less full and smaller than my left, but I'm not sure you'd even notice it if you weren't looking for it, though it does look flat. My right shoulder and arm are slightly atrophied but nothing bad. I am suprised how well I've maintained my muscle, I think it's really due to me having my nutrition on point... I never stopped eating like a bodybuilder. I also have been taking xtend (BCAAs) and HMB to really combat protein breakdown as they are both good inhibitors of the ubiquitin-proteasome system which is responsible for most of the skeletal muscle degradation in cases of inactivity or immobilization.

Its awfull this happned to you man, I am terrified of a tear everytime I load up the bar i get nervous.

Get better soon man

Comment

• could have been much worse, i am just grateful it was able to be repaired
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Awesome Layne
                    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Originally posted by banderbe View Post
                      John Berardi likes a product called ICE.

I tried the grape and it was pretty good.

Unfortunately BCAAs are so freaking expensive I just can't justify the cost.

I might pick some up again when I start cutting but I don't really see the point for bulking up.
                      why would u not use bcaas whern bulking up??that doesnt make sense,seein as bcaas prmote muscle growth,if by bulk u mean just add fat,well bcaas will be useless!!lol

Comment

• hey layne glad to see your getting there. Mate I always thought that HMB was a bogus supplement? Also a question, has your style of training changed any since the accident? Are you taking it a little slower or still balls to the wall
                        www.physique-essentials.com

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                          update on the recovery, have another apointment on monday so we'll see if i can get my brace off. I'm working legs 3x/week and right now I'm only down 3 lbs with no visible bodyfat gain. My right pec now is slightly less full and smaller than my left, but I'm not sure you'd even notice it if you weren't looking for it, though it does look flat. My right shoulder and arm are slightly atrophied but nothing bad. I am suprised how well I've maintained my muscle, I think it's really due to me having my nutrition on point... I never stopped eating like a bodybuilder. I also have been taking xtend (BCAAs) and HMB to really combat protein breakdown as they are both good inhibitors of the ubiquitin-proteasome system which is responsible for most of the skeletal muscle degradation in cases of inactivity or immobilization.

puts a smile on my face, love the never say die attitude
                          Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                          http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• how about that light heavy winner last night layne?

he was 4th at best. what a travesty. thats why im so reluctant to compete in illinois, i dont even know the other guys but it makes me feel so bad that they put in all that hard work and clearly hands down no question look better and it goes to one of chucks or another judges friend. it seems to happen at every show and i dont mind one of the judges guys winning if it is close and can go either way. but last night was a slap in the face to the guys that placed 2nd and 3rd. i feel very bad for them. they are going to watch the video and be so depressed that they both got knocked down a placing and lost the class to aguy the still looks 8 weeks out.

horrible ya know? all that hard work and sacrafice only to be robbed because the judges frien is on stage. kinda makes me feel hopeless when it comes to competeing in this state.

thoughts?
                            2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

• Ok, somewhere on this thread Layne discussed either his opinion of, or protocol for, glucose disposal agents - can someone point me to it? Layne, is it worthwhile using them (as valuable as say fish oils), or just a nice addition that 'may' help someone who is dieting. Thanks Hun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam McVey View Post
                                how about that light heavy winner last night layne?

he was 4th at best. what a travesty. thats why im so reluctant to compete in illinois, i dont even know the other guys but it makes me feel so bad that they put in all that hard work and clearly hands down no question look better and it goes to one of chucks or another judges friend. it seems to happen at every show and i dont mind one of the judges guys winning if it is close and can go either way. but last night was a slap in the face to the guys that placed 2nd and 3rd. i feel very bad for them. they are going to watch the video and be so depressed that they both got knocked down a placing and lost the class to aguy the still looks 8 weeks out.

horrible ya know? all that hard work and sacrafice only to be robbed because the judges frien is on stage. kinda makes me feel hopeless when it comes to competeing in this state.

thoughts?
                                yea I couldn't quite grasp that decision. Though I did think they got the overall winner right which was a surprise to me.
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X