Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    yes, cardio especially
    What about the macronutrient profile?

    Comment


    • Hi Layne, or anyone else helpful enough to chime in. Can you please post the link to your FAQ? i seem to have lost it.

      Thanks
      Contest Prep, Muscle building- http://www.trainwithsklayne.co.uk

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mofolife View Post
        Hey, layne what is the maximum grams of fat I can take in on a refeed day?
        Right now it seems I will have to take in 40 grams of fat, is this too much?
        You can have 41.5 grams of fat but if you have more you will blow up like a balloon within minutes.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by wnoah1981 View Post
          hey layne Im 10 weeks out from a natural show (started 21 weeks out) and I was wondering if you think that I should stick with the heavy resistance training or should I do more higher volume training to really rush the blood into the muscles. Also I have been taking an amino acid drink during my workout to saturate the blood while its being pumped into the muscle. Hve you heard of the fascial stretch training?
          go heavy but safe obviously. when you say saturate the blood i assume you are talking about milos' protocol?
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mofolife View Post
            Hey, layne what is the maximum grams of fat I can take in on a refeed day?
            Right now it seems I will have to take in 40 grams of fat, is this too much?
            well without knowing anything about you or what your pro/carb intake is.. i think 40g is probably fine, but again, i know nothing about you
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ScorpioChiq View Post
              What about the macronutrient profile?
              that is a very individual thing, I hesitate to give #s because they are different for everyone
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

              Comment


              • Injury update: Yesterday I went in for another check up and this time I actually got to speak with the surgeon. He felt around on the tear area and was very pleased with the progress. He said he believed I was healing ahead of schedule. He thinks I may be back lifting heavy in around 6 months which is great news. I also got to talk to him more about the actual tear itself. He told me that the lower head of my pec completely tore away from my tendon. I had always assumed it was merely a partial tear, but in fact I had completely separated the tendon from the muscle! Additionally, when it tore, the tendon snapped back and landed up against my deltoid and had actually scarred onto my delt. He had to seperate the tendon from the delt and then suture it to the entire length of the muscle. Crazy. The doctor told me that he honestly was worried that the sutures would not hold, but now he is very encouraged because it seems to be healing well. In his words "we're holding that thing together with shoe laces and bubble gum man." He wants me to keep the brace on my arm for another 3 weeks to ensure that I do not tear my sutures away. After 3 more weeks I'll begin physical therapy and start to get some of my function back. As you can imagine, I am thrilled to death with how well everything has gone.

                -Layne
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

                Comment


                • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  Injury update: Yesterday I went in for another check up and this time I actually got to speak with the surgeon. He felt around on the tear area and was very pleased with the progress. He said he believed I was healing ahead of schedule. He thinks I may be back lifting heavy in around 6 months which is great news. I also got to talk to him more about the actual tear itself. He told me that the lower head of my pec completely tore away from my tendon. I had always assumed it was merely a partial tear, but in fact I had completely separated the tendon from the muscle! Additionally, when it tore, the tendon snapped back and landed up against my deltoid and had actually scarred onto my delt. He had to seperate the tendon from the delt and then suture it to the entire length of the muscle. Crazy. The doctor told me that he honestly was worried that the sutures would not hold, but now he is very encouraged because it seems to be healing well. In his words "we're holding that thing together with shoe laces and bubble gum man." He wants me to keep the brace on my arm for another 3 weeks to ensure that I do not tear my sutures away. After 3 more weeks I'll begin physical therapy and start to get some of my function back. As you can imagine, I am thrilled to death with how well everything has gone.

                  -Layne
                  Great news man !

                  I could imagine after an injury like this one must get extremly paranoid about goin heavy on anything that involves chest.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    Injury update: Yesterday I went in for another check up and this time I actually got to speak with the surgeon. He felt around on the tear area and was very pleased with the progress. He said he believed I was healing ahead of schedule. He thinks I may be back lifting heavy in around 6 months which is great news. I also got to talk to him more about the actual tear itself. He told me that the lower head of my pec completely tore away from my tendon. I had always assumed it was merely a partial tear, but in fact I had completely separated the tendon from the muscle! Additionally, when it tore, the tendon snapped back and landed up against my deltoid and had actually scarred onto my delt. He had to seperate the tendon from the delt and then suture it to the entire length of the muscle. Crazy. The doctor told me that he honestly was worried that the sutures would not hold, but now he is very encouraged because it seems to be healing well. In his words "we're holding that thing together with shoe laces and bubble gum man." He wants me to keep the brace on my arm for another 3 weeks to ensure that I do not tear my sutures away. After 3 more weeks I'll begin physical therapy and start to get some of my function back. As you can imagine, I am thrilled to death with how well everything has gone.

                    -Layne
                    Reckon you'll ever choose to do flat bench again?

                    Comment


                    • nope
                      BioLayne LLC
                      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                        nope
                        Me either...it's all different inclines from here on out for me as well...

                        Sporto
                        IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
                        Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sporto View Post
                          Me either...it's all different inclines from here on out for me as well...

                          Sporto
                          Yeah why is it that you never hear hear about people tearing pecs on incline, but bench is like the Water loo for folks?

                          Really gald to hear the progress is going good Layne. Hey just think of it like this. I was out for 6 months and now training again consistant since the beginning of Feb I'm up 4.5lb from before I got injured and with lower BF%. So it ain't no thing. You got this.
                          Assistant to the regional manager.
                          Iron8 approved

                          Comment


                          • I have noticed that the real problem with flat bench is that it has become more of a demonstration rather than an exercise. Just my $.02.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
                              Yeah why is it that you never hear hear about people tearing pecs on incline, but bench is like the Water loo for folks?

                              Really gald to hear the progress is going good Layne. Hey just think of it like this. I was out for 6 months and now training again consistant since the beginning of Feb I'm up 4.5lb from before I got injured and with lower BF%. So it ain't no thing. You got this.
                              thanks todd
                              BioLayne LLC
                              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
                                Yeah why is it that you never hear hear about people tearing pecs on incline, but bench is like the Water loo for folks?

                                Really gald to hear the progress is going good Layne. Hey just think of it like this. I was out for 6 months and now training again consistant since the beginning of Feb I'm up 4.5lb from before I got injured and with lower BF%. So it ain't no thing. You got this.
                                And quite honestly, no matter how much I concentrate on form for either, I always feel it better in my chest with at least a slight incline...

                                Sporto
                                IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
                                Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X