Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    depends on many factors for the individual but... generally

15g BCAA
    30-40g CHO (can be dex, or WMS or something of the like)
    3-5g creatine mono
    300mg lipoic acid (might sting some)
    2g beta alanine
    3g citrulline malate.

whole food meal soonafter containing 40-50g protein, 75-150g CHO (depends on goals, weight, etc), and less than 10g fat
    why no whey protien???also whats CHO stand for?

Comment

• Originally posted by waz1 View Post
      also whats CHO stand for?
      Carbohydrate

Comment

• Layne, do you think lignans are something to avoid due to their estrogenic effects?

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
          close-grips on a decline are awesome
          Yes! That's actually my favorite power exercise for triceps!

Sporto
          IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
          Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

• Originally posted by Sporto View Post
            Yes! That's actually my favorite power exercise for triceps!

Sporto
            Indeed. CG-decline allows me to focus a lot more on my triceps with less emphasis on the chest.
            trueprotein.com discount code- JNG800

Comment

• Layne, glad to hear the good news.
              How are those legs doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by waz1 View Post
                why no whey protien???also whats CHO stand for?
                whey isnt needed when BCAA are taken in

all this information is in the FAQ
                What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayBull View Post
                  Layne, glad to hear the good news.
                  How are those legs doing?
                  already up 1/4"
                  BioLayne LLC
                  PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Hey layne, how's the injury? I didn't see your finance at the show in Philly - I was really looking forward to meeting you two.

One thing I was noticing at the show was the colors of the athletes. Some had some really good color, some didn't. What is your tanning protocol? Jeffers looked really good, but I can't recall what you said you did. I think it was dream tan #1?

Anyways, my job wouldn't really approve of a bronzed face the Monday after the show so I am just asking around for the best options. I appreciate any feedback.

Comment

• dream tan #2 red bronze, washes off with luffa and baby oil.

Isabel was at the awards banquet accepting an award on my behalf... I didn't come because I am prohibited from traveling while in the sling
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

already up 1/4"
                        Awesome. Glad to hear it, man.

Comment

• couple of random questions for you layne

1. as far as warming up goes , with reverse pyramid training and pyramid training is one more superior to the other as far as muscle growth? or is it personal preference? always thought reverse pyramid was more for powerlifters and people looking for strength

2.with bench pressing and dumbell chest press, i'm getting mixed answers with this question , but how far should one lower the barbell or dumbbell to the chest to get the best results without injury? me and my buddy always fight about this topic

3. adductor and abductor machines? are these any help to building size onto the legs? i mean if one is doing squats and leg press/hack squats in a workout would these machines be of any benifit? or they better left alone

thanks again layne and best of luck with the healing process

Comment

• layne quick senerio.. i had a person come up to me who is doing his first natural show in 3 weeks. he had no training by anyone and was doign everything on his own. he was 215 and is now 177 and is 5'7 hes been eating 6 meals a day of 8oz of chicken only.. he got a lot leaner but still not contest ready. he still plans on stepping on stage wat would be the best way to correct the diet that he was doing and still try to bring his weight down a lil and tighten up in 3 weeks

your help will be greatly appreciated
                            WWW.MYSPACE.COM/MIKEBARDO

Comment

• how close is he to being ready?

i would most likely tell him to find a later show. He is likely fucked his metabolism up beyond quick repair. no good way to fill him out, fix his metabolism, and get leaner in 3 weeks... no way
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

how close is he to being ready?

i would most likely tell him to find a later show. He is likely fucked his metabolism up beyond quick repair. no good way to fill him out, fix his metabolism, and get leaner in 3 weeks... no way
                                hes young and doesnt have that much muscle maturity.he has striations in his shoulders and chest.. starting to see some in his quads with seperation overall.. but still just has a soft overall flat look to him.. guess flat bc no carbs.. but wat if he threw in a low dose of carbs 100grams for 2 weeks then did a typical carb deplete then carb up. bc he wasnt even doing am cardio so i know his muscles can fill out more, and maybe help at least be more full the day of the show and be a lil tighter. i think he sorta has to do the show bc hes getting sponsored. and he has his heart set on it. and just wants to do it for fun.. i still think he can lose a few more lbs before the show ,, am i having wishful thinking? lol
                                WWW.MYSPACE.COM/MIKEBARDO

Comment

Working...
                                X