Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    for fat loss, probably lower carb day
    so if your doing this arent you going to be depleting your glycogen severly and risk muscle loss?

Comment

• Hey Layne,

Dont u think this overzealouness is one of the reasons you injured your pec in the first place???

Do u think u might cos further injuries from overcompensation, because you are only using one side of your upper body for squatting ( heavy at that over 3 plates )

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      Well tonight was one of my 3 leg days/week i'm doing and all I've been doing for quads is leg press, extensions, and bodyweight lunges... and I was so sick of it. I had to squat... I didn't care if it meant only using one arm on the smith machine... so be it. It felt so good to squat. I could have easily gone heavier but I didn't want to be stupid with it. It just felt good to squat again. Had isabel stand there to make sure the bar stayed across my back.

oh man did I miss squats

-Layne

Comment

• No, I injured myself because bench press is a high risk exercise. 95% of pec tears occur there. also I was using bodybuilding cross style to press which makes it even worse.

I have been cleared by my doc to work legs and he said I could do anything that doesn't jar my upper body. This felt relatively light and actually did not bother my chest at all... whereas I don't like the leg presses, just the idea of lowering it to near my chest bothers me

Also notice i have isabel pushing the bar against my back, i'm not doing free bar... just smith machine. I do not want to injure myself again... no way
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Layne back at the Arnold I mentioned something about possibly competing in the OCB in the near future, but I have one concern

on their site it says:
          Cannot have been used after September 1, 2007
          • Ephedra/ephedrine/ma-huang

while I'm not an ephedrine for fat loss junkie, I do occasionally take a Primatene tab for my sinus problems, and I'd hate to either fail a drug test for taking it the day of the show so I can breath or failing a polygraph (they polygraph correct?) because I took it after 9/1/07

is this something I should worry about or am I being paranoid?
          MorphogenNutrition.com
          Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• that's pseudoephedrine and is not banned. you are good to go
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Can you write me up a diet and training program to help me accomplish my natty goals over the next 5 months.

NOW: 205 at 13% BF = 178 lbs LBM
              GOAL: 215 at 2% BF = 211 lbs LBM

All in 5 months and for a Natural show. 33lbs of natural gains in 5 months and losing 11% body fat at the same time

33lbs of muscle...averaging over 1.5lbs a week

Comment

• Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
                Can you write me up a diet and training program to help me accomplish my natty goals over the next 5 months.

All in 5 months and for a Natural show. 33lbs of natural gains in 5 months and losing 11% body fat at the same time

I sense some sarcasm in reference to Kiyoshi's prep
                MorphogenNutrition.com

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  that's pseudoephedrine and is not banned. you are good to go

Primatene has ephedrine HCL as well as guaifenisen, no pseudoephedrine

thats where my concern lies

even it I didn't take any during prep, I've still consumed it after the official ban date according to their site
                  MorphogenNutrition.com

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                    Primatene has ephedrine HCL as well as guaifenisen, no pseudoephedrine

thats where my concern lies

even it I didn't take any during prep, I've still consumed it after the official ban date according to their site
                    i would contact the president mattshepley@yahoo.com and explain your situation.
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• thanks Layne
                      MorphogenNutrition.com

Comment

• so layne you plan on doing legs 3 times a week right, so how many sets probably each workout?
                        "Leg Day Is Business"
                        Layne Norton

Comment

• Layne I just competed in a npc natural show, and I came in great shape and done very well, but i've been around the iron game and I can say a lot of people in the show in my opinion you can tell either just got off a cycle because the level of conditioning some had with striations and everything, but hey I wanna continue to compete but I'm not gonna bust my ass doing it the right way too only lose too somebody who timed their cycle right too come in too the show and pass. What would you suggest if you were in this situation?

Comment

• Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
                            Can you write me up a diet and training program to help me accomplish my natty goals over the next 5 months.

Just up your protein to 15g per pound of body weight.

Comment

• hey layne, have you ever had a proble getting migraine headaches while you work out? the past week after i do one set i get a killer migraine. i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Comment

• That doesn't sound too healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X