Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am happy to be here, I like being able to help and it's nice being appreciated so thank you
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

So Layne... whats your thoughts on what to cut between carbs or fat... and will you be at the AC?

-JEff
      DC advocate

CSCS
      B.S. in Exercise Science

Comment

Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post
        So Layne... whats your thoughts on what to cut between carbs or fat... and will you be at the AC?

-JEff
        Layne WILL be at the AC because we are FINALLY going to meet after missing each other at a 1/2 dozen other shows, LOL!
        CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
        NGA
        PRO BODYBUILDER
        PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

Originally posted by bodyfx2 View Post
          Layne WILL be at the AC because we are FINALLY going to meet after missing each other at a 1/2 dozen other shows, LOL!
          Yes...it will be good to meet some of these "E" personalities I've grown to like. I'm actually a nice guy in person!
          Heretic

Comment

And as far as being stupid...I only feel that way when I actually take the time to reply to one of your posts.
            Bingo! Why do people bite?

Is it because we are so unsure of our own beliefs that we immediately assume a defensive position? All we do is give credence to some of these wacky ideas that various people come up with. By the way bodyfx2, I don't mean to single you out at all. It's something we're all guilty of.

That people feel so compelled to respond is a curious thing. It's the only thing that gives forum trolls any power!

Comment

Originally posted by west View Post
              Bingo! Why do people bite?

Is it because we are so unsure of our own beliefs that we immediately assume a defensive position? All we do is give credence to some of these wacky ideas that various people come up with. By the way bodyfx2, I don't mean to single you out at all. It's something we're all guilty of.

That people feel so compelled to respond is a curious thing. It's the only thing that gives forum trolls any power!
              Actually, I am 100% sure of my beliefs. My position is not defensive when it comes to TA. I just don't want any young lifters to buy into his ridiculous principles and quit training after a year with little to no results.

But still...I do my BEST to ignore him. However, to me he is like a clown riding a uni-cycle in front of my building every day. I can ignore him only so long before I need to question the purpose of his existence, LOL.
              NGA
              PRO BODYBUILDER
              PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

Originally posted by The True Adonis View Post
                No, it has nothing to do with me.

He is lying. I have seen his pictures before. Also, he would be 192 lbs or so at 3 percent. He would be about like Layne as he is around that weight when he competes at 3-4 percent.

ARe you blind or stupid? Take your pick.
                TA, You do realize that you are 3 - 4 percent muscle.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Lane....

Mad respect , Bro. I'm sticking this thread. Looking forward to seeing you at the ASC!

Comment

Actually, I am 100% sure of my beliefs. My position is not defensive when it comes to TA. I just don't want any young lifters to buy into his ridiculous principles and quit training after a year with little to no results.

But still...I do my BEST to ignore him. However, to me he is like a clown riding a uni-cycle in front of my building every day. I can ignore him only so long before I need to question the purpose of his existence, LOL.
                    Or go out and whack it in the head with a baseball bat for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by John Romano View Post
                      Or go out and whack it in the head with a baseball bat for fun.
                      Well, I will hold back on that until I desire to have Craig Titus as my permanent training partner
                      NGA
                      PRO BODYBUILDER
                      PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

Originally posted by John Romano View Post
                        Lane....

Mad respect , Bro. I'm sticking this thread. Looking forward to seeing you at the ASC!
                        Thanks John,
                        I'll be at the scivation booth so make sure you say hi if you are by that way but i'm definately making a point to stop by the MD booth.

-Layne
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

Jeff,
                          to be honest I think you are pretty solid on your macros. If anything you could reduce protein/fat a bit; if you get stuck with fat loss perhaps take fat down to 20% of your daily kcals.

-Layne
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            Well just because you don't know much about pro natural bodybuilding doesn't mean it's not the 'big leagues' as it is for natural bodybuilders. As to whether I could cut it or not with the top competitors if I took steroids... that is pure speculation and there is no way to know... so why bother speculating about it? why did I decide? Well I never really had to decide as to be honest I've never seriously considered using. to be honest it's just not for me. It's expensive, illegal, and when abused can be dangerous and like any drug it can be addicitive; not physically but certainly psycologically as I have seen this first hand. To me bodybuilding is a hobby, I love it and it's a big part of my life; but it's not my entire life. My goal was to be able to compete against the best in the world... now I can compete against the best natural bodybuilders in the world. What's wrong with that? I have absolutely NO ill will at those who choose to take steroids. None whatsoever. That is a personal choice, it is just not my choice. I have quite a few friends that use steroids; we get along fine. It's not 'the juicehead' vs. 'the snotty natural guy' like I said, bodybuilding is part of my life; not my entire life... why would I let it get in the way of having friendships with good people?

As far as people rolling in big time supplement contracts... six figure? lol. There might be a very very very small handful rolling in six figures. I know that most guys; even with companies say like MRM; a decent size company; are lucky to get maybe 20 grand a year. I'm not going to speculate but my guess is that may not be enough to cover their bill for the year for food, drugs, travel, etc. You may or may not know this but I am sponsored by scivation and I'm not going to discuss specifics but they take care of me. I've been in several of their ads, am a co-author on their new book, work at all the big trade shows; hell I get all my expenses covered (travel, hotel, food, transportation) to go to vegas and columbus, not too shabby of a deal. I may not be getting 20 grand per year; but I'm also not spending a chunk of that on anabolics. I also have all my travel, entry fees, and supplements covered for any contests I do as well as guest posing.

Again, I hold no ill will towards those who have chosen a different path; that's their choice. I'm not going to judge them for it. Hell I've watched the olympia the last few years as a fan, just as I watch every natural bodybuilding show as a fan. I enjoy going to local shows as much as big shows; I LOVE BODYBUILDING; just because i've chosen to compete in natural bodybuilding over IFBB bodybuilding does NOT mean I am not a fan of both. In the end bodybuilding is a personal endevor and you should be true to yourself and your motives. I have never had any desire to do steroids; I would never START doing them because I was jealous or felt jaded.

-Layne
                            Respect and thank you for taking the time to reply in great detail.

Cheers Layne.

Comment

not a problem, i saved the post as it is probably something i can post again sometime lol
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                not a problem, i saved the post as it is probably something i can post again sometime lol
                                I hear ya...

Comment

Working...
                                X