Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne if i'm meeting my daily protein requirements for muscle retention and carb requirements for normal body functions and weight loss, and fiber... but my total dailiy calories are in the 1500-2000 calorie range, isn't that way too low be maintaining size and burning fat??? As far as the BMR theory goes??

And as i've already pointed out, i eat every 3 hours 5 times a day with shakes.
    THE FAMILY THAT I LIVE FOR ONLY BREATHES THE AIR THAT SMELLS OF COMBAT

Comment

• i think you are fine bro
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• thought you guys might like this! Tonight I got 365 for 5 reps on front squat. Got 2 sets for 5 then on the third set I got 4; I felt real strong on the fourth rep and I think that made me overconfident and I got sloppy on the 5th rep and went down too quickly and threw off my rhythm; but I was still happy with my PR.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...23009733078256

Also, I took Dialene 4 with AMP (from Ergopharm) preworkout and holy shit. I didn't want to lift the weight, I wanted to destroy it. The focus I had was downright silly, both of these by themselves are good; but together they were just awsome. This was the workout I did

Front squats
        2 sets of 5 with 365
        1 set of 4 with 365

hack squats
        1- 6 plates on each side X 6
        2- 6 plates + 5 lbs on each side X 6
        3- same as 2nd set

did 4 sets of leg extension doing single leg occlusive training (constricted blood flow to the leg)

Good mornings
        2 sets of 5 with 275 lbs

glut ham raise
        1- bodyweight X 12
        2- bodyweight + 20 lbs X 8 reps

single leg curl
        1-entire stack + 15 lbs X 7
        2- entire stack + 15 lbs X 6

also did 15 sets of calves and lit it up on those too

-Layne "doubt me, hate me, you are the inspiration I need!"
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Nice workout Layne. Just as you are, when I am in the gym I am turning into an animal. I have the same face expression, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            thought you guys might like this! Tonight I got 365 for 5 reps on front squat. Got 2 sets for 5 then on the third set I got 4; I felt real strong on the fourth rep and I think that made me overconfident and I got sloppy on the 5th rep and went down too quickly and threw off my rhythm; but I was still happy with my PR.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...23009733078256

Also, I took Dialene 4 with AMP (from Ergopharm) preworkout and holy shit. I didn't want to lift the weight, I wanted to destroy it. The focus I had was downright silly, both of these by themselves are good; but together they were just awsome. This was the workout I did

Front squats
            2 sets of 5 with 365
            1 set of 4 with 365

hack squats
            1- 6 plates on each side X 6
            2- 6 plates + 5 lbs on each side X 6
            3- same as 2nd set

did 4 sets of leg extension doing single leg occlusive training (constricted blood flow to the leg)

Good mornings
            2 sets of 5 with 275 lbs

glut ham raise
            1- bodyweight X 12
            2- bodyweight + 20 lbs X 8 reps

single leg curl
            1-entire stack + 15 lbs X 7
            2- entire stack + 15 lbs X 6

also did 15 sets of calves and lit it up on those too

-Layne "doubt me, hate me, you are the inspiration I need!"
            Good looking numbers, Layne. You're most certainly a strong dude... Your training and accomplishments give the whole natural community hope. Peace, G

Comment

• thanks G, if there's anything I can hang my hat on it's front squats & anything to do with hamstrings LOL. Nice to see you around here... how've you been?
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

thanks G, if there's anything I can hang my hat on it's front squats & anything to do with hamstrings LOL. Nice to see you around here... how've you been?
                Rare is it nowadays that a guy can hang his hat on his leg training numbers... Something to be proud of, no doubt.

Just figured I'd drop by these parts and see what the buzz is about. I'm doing well, trying to get big, striving to keep up with freaks like you. Peace, G

Comment

• ha! now you flatter me
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

ha! now you flatter me
                    Giving credit where it is due bro... Besides, it's like Mark Twain said, "I can live for two months on a good compliment." In a world full of haters it is always good to throw a little positive reinforcement out there. Be good bro. Peace, G

Comment

• Thanks man I appreciate it, but the haters are just as important... it's good to have a chip on your shoulder
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

Thanks man I appreciate it, but the haters are just as important... it's good to have a chip on your shoulder
                        Mine weighs a ton... The key is knowing how to channel that shit properly. Peace, G

Comment

• Layne,

Could you please record your workouts on here more often...??? I like to see how others do their workouts...

chris
                          SPONSORED BY MUSCLECHEMISTRY.COM

Comment

• Lol @ "get in there nice and deep buh"

Cool vid layne, didnt know you were a certified gym thug.
                            THE FAMILY THAT I LIVE FOR ONLY BREATHES THE AIR THAT SMELLS OF COMBAT

Comment

• Chris,
                              I have a lot posted in my journal here http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=819314
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• haha love ur videos layne, awesome to see a natty doin that shit. It is almost as if everyone i know gets sick of doing things natural and begins putting everything they can get their hands on into their body. A guy like you gives me great encouragement.
                                5% off at Trueprotein.com: RNM120

Comment

Working...
                                X