Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
    Thanks. I figure depth and form is more important to me and crushing weight and going 1/2 way down.
    That's one o them there Inzer lever belts. I love that thing. Best belt I've ever had.
    I had 2 buldging disks, pinched sciatic, and mild piriformis tear from really bad form on deadlifts. Just now after about 9 months getting the feeling back in my right foot. Now I'm pulling more weight for more reps and good form with no pain.
    Oh and I'm getting on that blood work.
    yea that's a great belt... i have a 13mm one myself, love it
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      is it comfortable?

Comment

When I first got it (for those that don't know. A lever belt needs some assembly for hook location) I put it a spot to tight and levered that thing close. I thought my kidneys were going to touch. Then it was so tight I could only get it unlevered but not undone. Took me like 5 minutes. Sweat pouring off my head. Good stuff
        I'm big enough to admit when I pull dumbass stuff like that. Makes for good times lol

Really hope all the wedding prep is going smooth as silk. It can be a very trying time for a couple. You just have to keep reminding yourselves that it's your day and roll with it.
        Assistant to the regional manager.
        Iron8 approved

Comment

When I first got it (for those that don't know. A lever belt needs some assembly for hook location) I put it a spot to tight and levered that thing close. I thought my kidneys were going to touch. Then it was so tight I could only get it unlevered but not undone. Took me like 5 minutes. Sweat pouring off my head. Good stuff
          I'm big enough to admit when I pull dumbass stuff like that. Makes for good times lol

Really hope all the wedding prep is going smooth as silk. It can be a very trying time for a couple. You just have to keep reminding yourselves that it's your day and roll with it.
          I did the same thing! lol

hulk, it is comfortable but at first it did dig into my hips a bit... takes time to figure out how to wear it well and break it in.

On another note... my safety squat bar came in today! it's squat time baby! wooo hoo!
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

I did the same thing! lol

hulk, it is comfortable but at first it did dig into my hips a bit... takes time to figure out how to wear it well and break it in.

On another note... my safety squat bar came in today! it's squat time baby! wooo hoo!
            Yep exactly. I tend to wear this belt a little 'higher' I guess. There are so stiff that wearing them low like you would a regular belt will give you some sweet pinch marks on your hips. I must says that after you figure out where the sweet spot is. They don't move a bit. Definitely a mental thing for me as well.

Time to get your squat on!!!
            Iron8 approved

Comment

• ? for Layne

Layne,

I am 17 and seven week out from my first natural bodybuilding show. I have several questions and you appear to be the man to ask. Your sincerity and intelligence have been very motivating to me. Firstly, my I am 5'9 and 172 pounds, coming down from 190. My diet is as follows: 350g protein, 150g carbs, 35g fat, and 35g MCT oil (Captri from Parillo). I do 30 mins of cardio after every workout (four on, one off) and one hour on off days. The cardio is low intensity, usually a 3.5 mph stroll. The problem is that I am losing a lot of muscle. I've lost nearly twenty pounds and I know I only carried 28-30 pounds of fat to begin with. I don't even have a six pack flexed. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Sam.

P.S. I don't have pictures up because I just joined the forum and between dieting down, training, cardio, and, of course, High School, I haven't had time to take pictures.
              '

Comment

• Originally posted by Suss1 View Post
                I know I only carried 28-30 pounds of fat to begin with
                How do you know?

Comment

• Well, I dont believe in doing cardio after an intense weight-training session, because you are plunging yourself even deeper into a catabolic.
                  Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science (Michigan State University) BodySpace Profile

Comment

• The 28-30 pounds of fat was according to a scale I used to find my bodyfat just before beginning the diet.

I've been doing the cardio post workout because I read in Flex that this is the best time to burn fat. Serves me right for reading that sort of sub-par mag anyway. Should I switch the cardio to evening or night? I'm considering going to HIIT cardio, like 20 minutes alternating between a minute running and a minute walking. Does this sound good?

Comment

lol...I dread when I forget my belt and we switch off with yours, takes me like fucking 5 minutes to get that bad boy off....feels great while its on though.
                      Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                      http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Suss1 View Post
                        The 28-30 pounds of fat was according to a scale I used to find my bodyfat just before beginning the diet.

I've been doing the cardio post workout because I read in Flex that this is the best time to burn fat. Serves me right for reading that sort of sub-par mag anyway. Should I switch the cardio to evening or night? I'm considering going to HIIT cardio, like 20 minutes alternating between a minute running and a minute walking. Does this sound good?
                        Lyle McDonald recommends moderate intensity cardio after interval training.

So if you're following a fat burning protocol like Cosgrove's Afterburn, then you would want to do cardio after the resistance training.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=236

As for the scale you used, I assume you are taking about a bioelectrical impedance analyzer.. those are not very accurate, and in my experience tend to read low. You probably had more fat than you realize.

I recommend getting a pair of calipers and learning to measure your own skin folds. A cheap Accu-Measure caliper will work and costs like $20 or less.
                        Last edited by banderbe; April 25, 2008, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quelly View Post
                          lol...I dread when I forget my belt and we switch off with yours, takes me like fucking 5 minutes to get that bad boy off....feels great while its on though.
                          Man that was the best hand strength training I've ever had. Trying to get that thing off. It was like 2 monkeys screwin a football. lol
                          Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by banderbe View Post
                            Lyle McDonald recommends moderate intensity cardio after interval training.

So if you're following a fat burning protocol like Cosgrove's Afterburn, then you would want to do cardio after the resistance training.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=236

As for the scale you used, I assume you are taking about a bioelectrical impedance analyzer.. those are not very accurate, and in my experience tend to read low. You probably had more fat than you realize.

I recommend getting a pair of calipers and learning to measure your own skin folds. A cheap Accu-Measure caliper will work and costs like $20 or less.
                            layne i know you recommend the 15/45 HIIT protocol but was wondering how you felt about lyle's reccomendation on that being counterproductive and not optimal as opposed to LISS?

Comment

• i would have to see exactly what he said about it
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• he goes over it in great detail here: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/blog/

Comment

Working...
                                X