Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supplement question (just bumping my question futher)

man nothing can stop you, you got heart getting under that bar in your condition

but i had a few supplemnt q's

1. im taking green tea and ala as my antioxidant cocktail, my only thing is how much should i be taking of both to ensure im getting enough/not going overboard? im 230lbs, the ala are 100mg oills and the green tea is 300mg of green tea extract (camellia sinensis) plant part:leaf, 95% polyphenols, 40% egcg per pill

2. whats your take of evening primrose oil , is it worth the money?

3. can you recomend a good supplement to start my summer cut, never tried a fat burning supplement during a cut

thanks again and feel better

Comment

• I'm glad to hear the good news, bro! Sounds like everything is going as good as it possibly can.
      Really happy for you...
      trueprotein.com discount code- JNG800

Comment

• Layne just curious...what are your thoughts on the keto diet? I listened to your conversation with **** ******* and both of you had convincing methods of dieting, just figured I would give his a try this time. With that being said...are there any specific supplements, training, cardio(he stated no HIT cardio) that would be unbeneficial to do with a limited amount of CHO in the body? Also, his final 2 day plan seems to f***ed up I dont know where to even start. Carbing up cutting water compeltely 12 hours before show and none on show day...WTF?
        physique under construction

Comment

• pretty sure I expressed my thoughts on the keto diet very explicitly on that radio show and in multiple multiple places in this thread. I just don't know what I could possibly say further on it?
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• I can't believe it's already been 6 weeks.
            you're 1/10 of the way back!
            I would caution you to try and relax the arm and not 'hold it up' if I'm being clear. I've had major hand surgery and after they took out all the goodies I 'held it up' a lot and got some good tendentious. So just a word of caution since it's our natural reaction to protect a injured part.
            Assistant to the regional manager.
            Iron8 approved

Comment

• not sure what you mean by 'not hold it up'?
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• BeefBrian, if you're dead set on doing Dave's keto diet, give yourself way more time ot carb up, I'd say at least a week, and don't cut water at all. You will be flat as a pancake and just spill over when you try to carb up otherwise. I did Dave's diet last year, and I learned those lessons the hard way.
                I min/max my physique

Comment

• Layne, so great to hear you're healing so well and are going to be making a great recovery
                  I min/max my physique

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    not sure what you mean by 'not hold it up'?
                    Yeah that wasn't very clear. normally you would let your arm hang in a natural position. It is common you folks to 'guard' that side by holding it in a position like it was in a sling/cast except noting is there to support it. Those positions can create some issues with tendentious. With yours you may do it with your shoulder. Just raising it up a little 'guarding' it. Well done for hours upon hours each day can be troublesome. So just be conscious of it and try to relax it. Remember you have has it totally supported and not under your power for 6 weeks now.
                    See what I'm saying?
                    Assistant to the regional manager.
                    Iron8 approved

Comment

• Layne,
                      Do you ever get the urge to venture over to the darkside? Being a natty like most on this forum, I always think about how much better I could be with the assistance. I look at some of these guys who beat the system for tested shows, and i pissess me off to see them walk away with a overall win. Look at the musclemania orginization. They are full of shit with being 100% natural. Just look at the MM pros. You would have to be blind to say that they are natural. We bust our ass just as hard but come up short with genetic limitations. I would never want to be this monster juicehead, but maybe a slightly enhanced physique, keeping the lines and symetry. What do you do to fend these thoughts off, if you have them?
                      What OTC products do you like to use that gives you that edge and that works?
                      Sorry for the vent guys! Just frustrated with some shit.
                      D

Comment

• Originally posted by Superman230 View Post
                        Layne,
                        Do you ever get the urge to venture over to the darkside? Being a natty like most on this forum, I always think about how much better I could be with the assistance. I look at some of these guys who beat the system for tested shows, and i pissess me off to see them walk away with a overall win. Look at the musclemania orginization. They are full of shit with being 100% natural. Just look at the MM pros. You would have to be blind to say that they are natural. We bust our ass just as hard but come up short with genetic limitations. I would never want to be this monster juicehead, but maybe a slightly enhanced physique, keeping the lines and symetry. What do you do to fend these thoughts off, if you have them?
                        What OTC products do you like to use that gives you that edge and that works?
                        Sorry for the vent guys! Just frustrated with some shit.
                        D
                        http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...4&postcount=16
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Well said Layne. Glad to see you are doing well in your recovery. I went back and read your post on carb load and water depletion and that answered/confirmed my thoughts. Thanks.
                          http://www.facebook.com/PastorPump , IAFS Master Trainer www.iafscertification.com

Comment

• Ok, here are the pics. 6.5 weeks post-op. These are really hard for me to post. I guess when it goes away slowly you don't see it, even looking in the mirror I didn't see it; but damn, there sure as hell is noticeable atrophy. Especially having my right arm in that brace for 6.5 weeks just killed my right delt. This camera/room/background just does a brutal number on the flash and washing out but whatever. I'm sure some people will take these pics and post them up on various sites making fun of me like they already have and that's good. Go ahead and get your shots in while you can. This isn't going to keep me down. Nothing will. Heck 7 weeks ago I was being told by the surgeon that they would likely not be able to help me, that there was "50/50 chance that we will open you up and not be able to do anything but stitch you back up." I'm just grateful that the surgery worked, and what's better, you can't even see the scar from my surgery hardly in the pics. The size will come back, I can handle the ridicule. People been talking shit on me for years and it's never stopped me, only made me better. This injury will be the best thing that ever happened to my bodybuilding career. Write it down. On the plus side, I'm quite sure I can notice the added leg size, and absolutely my calves look bigger on the back pose, so I'm really happy about that.

Ok, here goes:

relaxed

back relaxed

side chest left side

side chest right side

most muscular 1

most muscular 2

-Layne
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Wow...the atrophy is definitely noticeable from the front; though it's not nearly as noticeable in that back shot. You're calves/legs are looking good, too.

Little advise- not that you probably need it or anything...just wanting to be helpful.
                              Don't keep that right side uptight like it is in the pics. I don't know if you're still taking it easy on the chest or anything, but if not try not to keep the trap scrunched like that. With the time that's already passed being bandaged up it'll only be more frustrating to stretch it back out later on.

Had a family member that had surgery a few years back and BABIED it post-op for to long and has yet to achieve full ROM to this day.
                              Just being a friend. Pulling for you, man...
                              trueprotein.com discount code- JNG800

Comment

• it's not scrunched up... the shoulder is just that atrophied, which i expected since i didn't move it in 6.5 weeks lol
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X