Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the doc give you any hormones to help you heal faster?

I'm not trying to make a joke, this is a honest question layne.

Comment

• Yeah, it's major atrophy. But the right shoulder is a tad higher in the first and last picture so was just...making sure I guess. LOL.
      trueprotein.com discount code- JNG800

Comment

• Originally posted by Northman69 View Post
        Did the doc give you any hormones to help you heal faster?

I'm not trying to make a joke, this is a honest question layne.
        no. and i'm not sure that this is even the kind of thing that hormones would help with... in fact I kind of doubt it. I do not think steroids or growth hormone aid in collagen synthesis... which is what we really want to get this to heal correctly. Collagen turns over very slowly... around 100 days. Whereas something like muscle tissue is about 10 days. In fact, i believe some steroids actually weaken the tendon relative to the muscle tissue... something we definitely do not want.
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Yea defintely do not wanna weaken the tendon, GL on recovery bro I am keeping tabs on it. See you back in action in no time!!

Comment

• Layne your legs are looking awesome!! Quads are thick and lean…Calves are biggg !! and your hams are hanging in that side pose! Great Progress….i remember when you used to say that legs were your weak point….well I guess they are a strong one now.
            Francisco

Comment

• I agree; wicked tear drops, too.

Comment

• What an outstanding response. I feel the exact same way and could not have said it any better.

Sporto
                IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
                Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

• thanks guys, I"m glad you all see it to and I am not just imagining growth LOL
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Looking good layne. i dont notice the difference in the pec that much, just the arm, but that will bounce back quickly. your back and legs look great, and that fact you have managed to stay that lean is impressive. good work and ill see you saturday.

Comment

• Layne, I appologized if I missed it and I'll search for it if you did, but what did you do differently diet wise during your pre/post op time when you couldn't train?
                      TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                      www.fitcorps.net

Comment

• basically i just ate maintenance. Now that my brace is off and the atrophy is pretty much maxed out I started cutting for my wedding on the 24th. i figure if i can't look symmetrical, i can at least be lean. but i'm still eating high kcals on my leg days and lower carb on my other days
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Man that surgeon did a damn good job! I looked hard and couldn't even see the scar or divets.
                          Like I said before, the muscle will come back quick. Especially with you staying in good condition and staying on your diet. I turned to poo when I was injured and did a 180 in about 2 months. Now I'm 11 pounds up from my return date...of course we're about to make that Huuuge!
                          Good stuff Layne. Dedication in the gym is one thing, but when you're hurt like this, it takes real mental fortitude to see through it and look forward to the future challenge.
                          Assistant to the regional manager.
                          Iron8 approved

Comment

• You will be better than ever in a few months! Thank god for muscle memory! You don't look bad at all concidering what you've been though! Are you serious, do people really make fun of you for getting injured??Unbelievable!!!

Your legs do look awesome, you have made the most of an unfortunate situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrky03 View Post
                              You will be better than ever in a few months! Thank god for muscle memory! You don't look bad at all concidering what you've been though! Are you serious, do people really make fun of you for getting injured??Unbelievable!!!

Your legs do look awesome, you have made the most of an unfortunate situation.
                              oh yea man, right from the first day people were laughing it up
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• hey layne whats going on , had a few supplemnt questions , was wondering if you could help

1. im taking green tea and ala as my antioxidant cocktail, my only thing is how much should i be taking of both to ensure im getting enough/not going overboard? im 230lbs, the ala are 100mg oills and the green tea is 300mg of green tea extract (camellia sinensis) plant part:leaf, 95% polyphenols, 40% egcg per pill

2. whats your take of evening primrose oil , is it worth the money?

3. can you recomend a good supplement to start my summer cut, never tried a fat burning supplement during a cut

thanks again and feel better

Comment

Working...
                                X