Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Layne,

How do you feel about supplements to support collagen synthesis, perhaps Hydrolyzed beef collagen?
    Or do you feel that most would get enough in a good bodybuilder diet, given the slow rate of turnover?

As a side, I wish you all the best on the recovery. Iíve just recently recovered from a partial tear where the teres major meets the shoulder blade. Youíll be back at it before you know it, mentally and physically stronger.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      oh yea man, right from the first day people were laughing it up
      Only gonna make you better. I'll agree with most people here and say that you look great considering what you've been through. I know most people would just quit and throw their diets out the window. You've got some serious will power and mental strength Layne. True inspiration!
      NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

basically i just ate maintenance. Now that my brace is off and the atrophy is pretty much maxed out I started cutting for my wedding on the 24th. i figure if i can't look symmetrical, i can at least be lean. but i'm still eating high kcals on my leg days and lower carb on my other days
        Thanks bro! I appreciate the insight. Pretty much what I figured. I just couldn't believe how lean/tight you looked in those last pics. Kudos bro. You really just continue to be an inspiration. It's so great to see.

When I suffered my first hernia I was about 8 weeks out from what would have been my first show in October 2003. I went through a rough time and really didn't eat all that great and since surgery was around Thanksgiving I got pretty fat. Being more disciplined now I wanted to have an idea what I'd need to do if something (GOD FORBID) like this happened to me.
        TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
        www.fitcorps.net

Comment

• It looks like you kept your bodyfat down and the Quads are looking great...when you are able to start back full tilt you`re going to grow like crazy...All the best, Leon.

Comment

• Layne - pictures look great, you look like you're recovering nice! Your doctors treated you well! That's a blessing!

Comment

• Originally posted by andrzej_t View Post
              Hey Layne,

How do you feel about supplements to support collagen synthesis, perhaps Hydrolyzed beef collagen?
              Or do you feel that most would get enough in a good bodybuilder diet, given the slow rate of turnover?

As a side, I wish you all the best on the recovery. Iíve just recently recovered from a partial tear where the teres major meets the shoulder blade. Youíll be back at it before you know it, mentally and physically stronger.
              collagen would just be broken down to constituent amino acids during digestion... really wouldn't make a difference.

sorry about your injury... hope you heal up soon
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by PhillyXJ View Post
                Layne - pictures look great, you look like you're recovering nice! Your doctors treated you well! That's a blessing!
                absolutely!
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

oh yea man, right from the first day people were laughing it up
                  That's sick! There is nothing amusing about somebody getting hurt! Get well and go kick their butt!!

Comment

• Layne those calves have come up quite a bit! Legs look massive as well, especially inner quads...Hell, maybe I need pary of my upper body immobilized so I can bring my Calves up!!!!lol Hope you get back at it soon, and have a wonderful wedding!

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
                      hey layne whats going on , had a few supplemnt questions , was wondering if you could help

1. im taking green tea and ala as my antioxidant cocktail, my only thing is how much should i be taking of both to ensure im getting enough/not going overboard? im 230lbs, the ala are 100mg oills and the green tea is 300mg of green tea extract (camellia sinensis) plant part:leaf, 95% polyphenols, 40% egcg per pill

2. whats your take of evening primrose oil , is it worth the money?

3. can you recomend a good supplement to start my summer cut, never tried a fat burning supplement during a cut

thanks again and feel better
                      nevermind ill look somewhere else

Comment

• dude, are you serious, are you getting ticked because I missed one post? out of thousands? seriously? I'm moving into a new house this and only got one arm to work with, I get over 150 mails per day, I work full time in grad school. I work with hundreds of clients. I am getting married in 2 weeks and can't even describe all the crap I have to do. I am working 9 hours a day on getting my research into a journal article. I do my best to answer questions each day but sometimes I miss some. damn.

I'll answer these now since it's life or death. When have i ever missed your quesitons before?

1. i wouldn't go over 600mg total in combination of the 2
                        2. i have not researched it enough
                        3. sesamin is solid. I like dialene 4 but of course i'm biased since i helped design it.

I will do my best to never miss another question ever in my entire life.
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• How dare you be less than super human, Layne! I bet you have to eat and sleep and go the bathroom like the rest of us too, I am so disillusioned with you now.

I min/max my physique

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Spiko View Post
                            How dare you be less than super human, Layne! I bet you have to eat and sleep and go the bathroom like the rest of us too, I am so disillusioned with you now.

*puts Layne action figure in back of sock drawer with head hung low*
                            lol
                            Assistant to the regional manager.
                            Iron8 approved

Comment

dude, are you serious, are you getting ticked because I missed one post? out of thousands? seriously? I'm moving into a new house this and only got one arm to work with, I get over 150 mails per day, I work full time in grad school. I work with hundreds of clients. I am getting married in 2 weeks and can't even describe all the crap I have to do. I am working 9 hours a day on getting my research into a journal article. I do my best to answer questions each day but sometimes I miss some. damn.

I'll answer these now since it's life or death. When have i ever missed your quesitons before?

1. i wouldn't go over 600mg total in combination of the 2
                              2. i have not researched it enough
                              3. sesamin is solid. I like dialene 4 but of course i'm biased since i helped design it.

I will do my best to never miss another question ever in my entire life.
                              you're fucking right you won't....lazy ass bag
                              Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                              http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Leucine

Hey Layne, I just wanted to say that I find your thread/sticky so informative...its a huge help in the learning process. Im sure you are gonna be back fast from the injury.

I was looking to buy a good leucine powder to use post workout (I use BCAA's in my pre-workout shake). Do you think I should drink it in some crystal light during and after a workout? Thanks for the help. Im just trying to maximize my gains in pre, intra, and post workouts. Thanks man and best of luck to you in the future.
                                "If you show up to Fight Club, you're gonna get your ass kicked."

Comment

Working...
                                X