Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Still Learning View Post
    Hey Layne, I just wanted to say that I find your thread/sticky so informative...its a huge help in the learning process. Im sure you are gonna be back fast from the injury.

I was looking to buy a good leucine powder to use post workout (I use BCAA's in my pre-workout shake). Do you think I should drink it in some crystal light during and after a workout? Thanks for the help. Im just trying to maximize my gains in pre, intra, and post workouts. Thanks man and best of luck to you in the future.
    In case you haven't yet.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...sked+questions

It a compilation of frequently asked questions. There is also a updated version if you search this thread. Mucho infomation here.
    Enjoy
    Assistant to the regional manager.
    Iron8 approved

Comment

• LOL. Some of you guys should be more than thankful that Layne responds to your detailed questions. He's not obliged to. Not all are clients of Layne here, so it's best to do some research first before asking many detailed questions.

Comment

• quick ?
        does waximaize spike insulin levels?

I know it supposedly "pulls" everything through the stomach, but I wasn't sure about the insulin thing.

If it does... how much? as much as dextrose or more like a sweet potato?

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Quelly View Post
          you're fucking right you won't....lazy ass bag
          ahahaha at first I read this and was like daaaaamn is he serious?? Funny stuff!! Keep up the good work in this thread Layne, I probably check it more then my e-mail account. Wishing you all the best in the recovery bro!

Comment

• Odd Craving

Hey guys.

I'm six weeks out tomorrow and I'm experiencing the oddest craving. No, not for food, but for women. I'm supposed to go on this double date tomorrow night with some lights out blonde chick I've had my eyes on for a while. Problem is, it'll probably mean missing a meal, as the movie is around two hours long + driving and whatever else goes on. I told myself at the beginning of the diet that I wouldn't miss a single meal for any reason, and I haven't, but I'm getting an overwhelming desire to do some work on the blonde tomorrow night. Have any of you guys ever been in this situation before? What did you tell yourself to make sitting at home with some chicken more appealing than hooking up with a gorgeous chick? By the way I'm 17 so that explains the ramped up sex drive. Please help me!

Thanks.

Comment

• if anything you will put more size on due to the time off...

Comment

• Layne looking good bro. Quads look to be gaining some size. Quick question , anyone here can answer also , I am finishing up my last month and a half of bulking , and I was wondering , low reps heavy weights , or should I jump it to higher reps and lift heavy when Im dieitng down. Like I said , any input is appreciatted.

Richie

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  dude, are you serious, are you getting ticked because I missed one post? out of thousands? seriously? I'm moving into a new house this and only got one arm to work with, I get over 150 mails per day, I work full time in grad school. I work with hundreds of clients. I am getting married in 2 weeks and can't even describe all the crap I have to do. I am working 9 hours a day on getting my research into a journal article. I do my best to answer questions each day but sometimes I miss some. damn.

I'll answer these now since it's life or death. When have i ever missed your quesitons before?

1. i wouldn't go over 600mg total in combination of the 2
                  2. i have not researched it enough
                  3. sesamin is solid. I like dialene 4 but of course i'm biased since i helped design it.

I will do my best to never miss another question ever in my entire life.

lol im sry dude , im stressed about finals , im sleep deprived and my bitch of an x gf is trying to ruin my life for fun , and bodybuilding is the only thing keeping me sane, plus i look up to you and your knowledge highly , im sorry for being a crabass and a little prick , i think i was getting my period that day , i'm sorry dude and i promise it wont happen again because you do always answer my cheezey questions when my o.c.d. kicks in. and you are a busy man and i should respect that, SO LAYNE NORTON, I AM SORRY FOR BEING LITTLE BITCH , WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.

Comment

• Originally posted by italian heat View Post
                    Layne looking good bro. Quads look to be gaining some size. Quick question , anyone here can answer also , I am finishing up my last month and a half of bulking , and I was wondering , low reps heavy weights , or should I jump it to higher reps and lift heavy when Im dieitng down. Like I said , any input is appreciatted.

Richie
                    no reason to change up rep scheme IMO
                    BioLayne LLC
                    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
                      lol im sry dude , im stressed about finals , im sleep deprived and my bitch of an x gf is trying to ruin my life for fun , and bodybuilding is the only thing keeping me sane, plus i look up to you and your knowledge highly , im sorry for being a crabass and a little prick , i think i was getting my period that day , i'm sorry dude and i promise it wont happen again because you do always answer my cheezey questions when my o.c.d. kicks in. and you are a busy man and i should respect that, SO LAYNE NORTON, I AM SORRY FOR BEING LITTLE BITCH , WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.
                      dude, we all have our days, I probably came down on you a bit hard. No hard feelings. I hope things get better for you... things are never as bad as they seem in my experience
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Learning View Post
                        Hey Layne, I just wanted to say that I find your thread/sticky so informative...its a huge help in the learning process. Im sure you are gonna be back fast from the injury.

I was looking to buy a good leucine powder to use post workout (I use BCAA's in my pre-workout shake). Do you think I should drink it in some crystal light during and after a workout? Thanks for the help. Im just trying to maximize my gains in pre, intra, and post workouts. Thanks man and best of luck to you in the future.
                        yea i think that's a good idea, especially the crystal light because leucine tastes like crap
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                          quick ?
                          does waximaize spike insulin levels?

I know it supposedly "pulls" everything through the stomach, but I wasn't sure about the insulin thing.

If it does... how much? as much as dextrose or more like a sweet potato?

thanks
                          yes... not sure how much but probably about as much as dex
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Suss1 View Post
                            Hey guys.

I'm six weeks out tomorrow and I'm experiencing the oddest craving. No, not for food, but for women. I'm supposed to go on this double date tomorrow night with some lights out blonde chick I've had my eyes on for a while. Problem is, it'll probably mean missing a meal, as the movie is around two hours long + driving and whatever else goes on. I told myself at the beginning of the diet that I wouldn't miss a single meal for any reason, and I haven't, but I'm getting an overwhelming desire to do some work on the blonde tomorrow night. Have any of you guys ever been in this situation before? What did you tell yourself to make sitting at home with some chicken more appealing than hooking up with a gorgeous chick? By the way I'm 17 so that explains the ramped up sex drive. Please help me!

Thanks.
                            i'm not going to tell you not to go out on a date... i went on my first date with my fiance when i was 6 weeks out lol
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Layne I really enjoyed the podcast on NoBull radio with you and Dave discussing PreContest dieting. You mentioned if a person has to go too low in carbs (I'm assuming starchy carbs) because of insulin sensitivity, they should probably go Keto completely. Did I understand that correctly? I am totally fine if my starches are non existent to very very low precontest dieting, but if I have oatmeal in the morning or raise my starches even a bit, I get hungry and have cravings. I am a precontest advisor as well and have a team of girls competing and they are all on way higher carbs than myself. So I was just wondering the reasoning behind going keto or just keeping starches as low as possible without taking them out all together? Wouldn't it be better to keep as few as possible in?

Thanks so much for your time answering this and please, take your time. I know you are so busy and I just appreciate an answer whenever you are able to. Thanks soooo much again I am reading through all the pages in this thread but perhaps havent gotten to all of your answers so I just hope this isn't a repeat question.
                              Delphene Balan~ 2007 Muscle Beach Overall FBB

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                dude, we all have our days, I probably came down on you a bit hard. No hard feelings. I hope things get better for you... things are never as bad as they seem in my experience

its no prob man ,sometimes you gotta be rough to get your point across , but thanks for answering my question tho

Comment

Working...
                                X