Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's chest and calf workout, no vids though, I really got to get myself a better camera, my digital just makes everyone look like pink blobs.

Bench Press: 10@135, 8@225, 8@315, 6@335, 5@355
    Incline DB Press: 10@100 x 3 sets
    Pec Deck: 10@200 x 3 sets
    DB Pullovers: 10@100 x 3 sets

Standing Calf Press: 10@345 x 4 sets
    Seated 1-leg Calf Press: 10@90 x 4 sets

Also did 45min cardio at 5:30am and another 30min post-workout.
    Currently: PowerBuilding

Comment

• Originally posted by Maestro View Post
      haha love ur videos layne, awesome to see a natty doin that shit. It is almost as if everyone i know gets sick of doing things natural and begins putting everything they can get their hands on into their body. A guy like you gives me great encouragement.
      thanks bro, I get tired of people thinking that the only people who lift with intensity are guys who use anabolics. Most people assume the only reason they can train like that is because they are 'on'. I say that's bullshit and people just choose not to try.

Big Poppa; that's some hella weight on BP. I can hold my own on those other lifts but that BP is very impressive my man
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Layne, what you like to do for your calves? I saw you did 15 sets, you always do a lot of sets like that? You know it's hard for us natties to get those good looking legs that got a lot of thickness. I'm 6'2 so my upperbody is a hell of a lot more powerful than my lower, u think squats that are heavy with lower reps would help to get some mass on them, nething else you suggest feel free. Thanks a lot bro, hope the training is going well. By the way you're a monster with those front squats!

Comment

• thanks Irish, as you probably know legs were a big weakness for me, and I still consider them a lagging bodypart; but not like they used to be. I think high volume/high frequency is really the way to grow. My calves were stuck at 15" until i started working them 2-3x per week with 20-30 sets per week; that got them up to 17"
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• What do your arms measure Layne?

Comment

• i saw you posted that natty bodybuilders shouldnt cut water leading into a show i was wondering what the reasoning was for this.
              www.gasparinutrition.com
              www.gaspariforum.com

Comment

• Layne, what is this GHR training I see people talking about? Is this something you started? How can it be applied? Legs? Back? Anywhere??

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
                  Layne, what is this GHR training I see people talking about? Is this something you started? How can it be applied? Legs? Back? Anywhere??
                  Haha, another example of these horrible acronyms confusing everyone!

Gaoshang Xiongshou: GHR - Glute Ham Raises

It's an excellent exercise for the hams. It really hammers the shit out of them actually (I just tried them the other day for the first time).

Comment

• Have a picture of it somewhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
                      Have a picture of it somewhere?
                      On the 'Daily Pump Pics' thread Layne posted a vid of it. Just go back a few pages... mind you it's a pretty busy thread so it could be 10 or so pages back.

Comment

• it has a video layne doin it..

search youtube bro maybe you can find it.
                        if you dont, google video then..

must be in one of those
                        No one is special, some were patient.

Comment

• Oh I do those now!!! LOL I never knew what they were called though.

I should be ready to attempt them with a 25 lb. plate over my chest in about another month or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            i saw you posted that natty bodybuilders shouldnt cut water leading into a show i was wondering what the reasoning was for this.
                            http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

read the section on water
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Thanks a lot Layne, I appreciate the help man. I saw that sample diet you had on bb.com and it said i believe your last meal you would take 3 fish oil caps. Are there any other vitamins or minerals you find to be essential to a bodybuilder? If so, when do you take them and what do you suggest for serving. Thanks again bro, you're a huge help.

Comment

• Hey Layne, you are doing a great work here and I wish you a lot of successes...
                                what do you think about circuit training? They have or have had some place in your workouts during the year?

Comment

Working...
                                X