Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet! Time to get the XXL lab coat on big guy!!
    Nice work man
    My wife works with the National Blueberry Counsil, and they use the research compiled like that to do things like form their advertising. So that's big time. I should name drop your name to them. Believe it or not there's only 4 people that run that thing.
    Assistant to the regional manager.
    Iron8 approved

Comment

• cool, not sure how I'd be able to help blueberry research though lol
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        cool, not sure how I'd be able to help blueberry research though lol
        New Dream Tan color? lol
        Assistant to the regional manager.
        Iron8 approved

Comment

• Congrats Layne... hope to see you prove some of your theories!
          NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Congrats Layne, looking forward to seeing what you uncover.
            VP of Marketing for Nutrabio
            instagram @naturalguy2.0

Comment

• Layne, do you to do experiments such as regular amino acid absorbtion vs a test subject that is taking GH and or insulin to facilitate amino acid transport.

I know GH will undoubtly make it faster, but it would sweet to see how much faster and lean body mass effects etc. Would be sweet to see first hand.

Comment

• Cardio ?

So I'm 5 1/2 weeks out and I have a question about the way to set up my cardio now that I've learned not to do it post workout. Here are my two options:

Option 1:
                5:30 pm. Post workout meal.
                8:00 Cardio (20m HIIT Treadmill)
                9:00 Meal 6 (8 oz chicken, 1/2 cup brocolli, 1 tbsp MCT oil)

Option 2:
                8:30 Meal 6 (8 oz chicken, 1/2 cup brocolli, 1 tbsp MCT oil)
                9:00 Cardio (20m HIIT Treadmill)

My gut feeling was to do the cardio before my last meal, as I don't like doing it on a full stomach (or as close to a full stomach as you get at 5 1/2 weeks out). I also don't like the idea of going to bed in a catabolic state (which I would be in after cardio, right?), but the trainer who's been helping me out and who is very knowledgeable said to do the cardio last thing before bed. What do you think Layne? Or anybody else? I know there are a ton of knowledgeable guys on this thread.

Comment

• why not do cardio in the morning after meal 1 or before meal 1 after some light protein ingestion?
                  MorphogenNutrition.com
                  Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                    why not do cardio in the morning after meal 1 or before meal 1 after some light protein ingestion?
                    Well I'm getting up at 5:20 a.m. right now in order to cook my first 3 meals, eat one of them and get to school on time. In order to do cardio in the morning I'd have to get up half an hour earlier, and I don't think that makes sense, as I already am sleeping only 7 1/2 hours a night.

Comment

• so you're busy from 5:30am-5:30pm with no breaks at all?

that would suck
                      MorphogenNutrition.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Suss1 View Post
                        So I'm 5 1/2 weeks out and I have a question about the way to set up my cardio now that I've learned not to do it post workout. Here are my two options:

Option 1:
                        8:00 Cardio (20m HIIT Treadmill)
                        9:00 Meal 6 (8 oz chicken, 1/2 cup brocolli, 1 tbsp MCT oil)

Option 2:
                        8:30 Meal 6 (8 oz chicken, 1/2 cup brocolli, 1 tbsp MCT oil)
                        9:00 Cardio (20m HIIT Treadmill)

My gut feeling was to do the cardio before my last meal, as I don't like doing it on a full stomach (or as close to a full stomach as you get at 5 1/2 weeks out). I also don't like the idea of going to bed in a catabolic state (which I would be in after cardio, right?), but the trainer who's been helping me out and who is very knowledgeable said to do the cardio last thing before bed. What do you think Layne? Or anybody else? I know there are a ton of knowledgeable guys on this thread.
                        So what is wrong with cardio post workout? Catabolic? Doubtful.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                          so you're busy from 5:30am-5:30pm with no breaks at all?

that would suck
                          Well I'm up at 5:20, I cook my first three meals, eat one of them (6:15), catch the bus, go to school, where I eat my next 2 meals at 9:30 and 12:30. Then I'm home at 3, eat again, lie down for 10-15 minutes, get to the gym by 4, lift til 5:30, eat post workout meal and come home. So yeah, basically there's no opportunity to do cardio in that time frame.

Comment

• you're spending an hour cooking your meals for the day

cook your meals the night before, get up at 5:15, have a shake or some BCAA, do your cardio at 5:45, then eat meal 1 at 6:15, etc.
                            MorphogenNutrition.com

Comment

• or better yet... what i do is cook a ton of food on sundays and it covers me for 3 or 4 days
                              BioLayne LLC
                              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                or better yet... what i do is cook a ton of food on sundays and it covers me for 3 or 4 days
                                Great advice. I cook on Sundays &/or Thursdays. I pack all my food the night before and carry a cooler with me everywhere. It's all about preparation and planning.
                                TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                                www.fitcorps.net

Comment

Working...
                                X