Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hossjob View Post
    Great advice. I cook on Sundays &/or Thursdays. I pack all my food the night before and carry a cooler with me everywhere. It's all about preparation and planning.
    I agree. Cooking your nutritional requirements everyday is bunk. Typically I make enough for a few days at a time. Gives me an opportunity to change up the protein and carb sources.
    Assistant to the regional manager.
    Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      or better yet... what i do is cook a ton of food on sundays and it covers me for 3 or 4 days
      Yup. That's what I do as well...
      Why would you want to cook everyday?
      trueprotein.com discount code- JNG800

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
        you're spending an hour cooking your meals for the day

cook your meals the night before, get up at 5:15, have a shake or some BCAA, do your cardio at 5:45, then eat meal 1 at 6:15, etc.
        Well the whole hour is not spent cooking. I also shower, dress and get ready for school. The cooking probably takes only 10 minutes and I do it while preparing the egg whites, which would take just as long to heat up as they would to cook from scratch anyway. I've heard the "cook everything on one day" strategy before, but to me it makes more sense to cook as I go. Most of my food is premade (containers of brocolli, chicken, rice) and I'm simply mixing them in a pot to heat them up anyway. So I guess I'm not really cooking after all...Should have phrased that better.

Comment

or better yet... what i do is cook a ton of food on sundays and it covers me for 3 or 4 days
          Exactly. It's much easier that way.

Comment

• taste wise it is obviously better to prepare it and it eat on the same day unless it is something like a curry ,which will need time to impart flavour and breakdown the protein before you cook it ,however cooking it 3-4 days in advance probably doesnt have any major difference to nutrition

nutrition vs taste= taste wins everytime

Comment

• layne i thin kyour a great source of info,however why do you post on md and have a load of vids on bb.com it just a question i wondered if you could answer ,are we gonna see bob do a in the trenches if so

Comment

I do the same
                VP of Marketing for Nutrabio
                instagram @naturalguy2.0

Comment

• Originally posted by andliverpool101 View Post
                  layne i thin kyour a great source of info,however why do you post on md and have a load of vids on bb.com it just a question i wondered if you could answer ,are we gonna see bob do a in the trenches if so

I don't know... I wasn't aware of a rivalry between the two. I fail to see how they compete with each other. One is a magazine, the other is a website supplement dealer. I've been writing for bbing.com for 6 years now. When the MD message board came up I started posting here as I've had an article in MD. I still post at BBing.com.

I fail to see the conflict of interest
                  BioLayne LLC
                  PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Layne,

I was wondering if you had any pictures of yourself from your first competition as a teen. I would love to see how developed you were back then and also the kind of conditioning you achieved in your first show.

Thanks,

Sam.

Comment

• are you a pro layne natural pro ifbb pro model pro do you take testicle testostersone ?

Comment

here you go... 19 years old!
                        you should be very proud of the progress you've made man, your legs look completely different, and your overall mass has come up A LOT.
                        Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                        http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by iglooliver View Post
                          are you a pro layne natural pro ifbb pro model pro do you take testicle testostersone ?
                          Boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northman69 View Post
                            Layne, do you to do experiments such as regular amino acid absorbtion vs a test subject that is taking GH and or insulin to facilitate amino acid transport.

I know GH will undoubtly make it faster, but it would sweet to see how much faster and lean body mass effects etc. Would be sweet to see first hand.
                            I am sure Layne will correct me if I get any of this wrong.

Couple of things, there is very little or no experimentation with performance enhancing drugs in the US, unless they are related to a pathological process.

It is related to ethics approval.

Insulin is the anabolic hormone of nutrient storage, not GH.

GH increases protein synthesis, not the transport of amino acids into muscle. When insulin levels are high, GH is low and vice versa.

I would also think that the rate limiting step in amino acid transport would be the GLUT transporters, not necessarily the insulin.

Comment

here you go... 19 years old!
                              Thanks Layne!
                              Very impressive upper body vascularity and size! I see what you mean by the "no legs" comments I've heard you make in the past. But you sure have brought them up. Do you remember your height/weight for that show?

Comment

Working...
                              X