Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• once you figured out the leg volume that wored for you, your legs exploded.......inspirational layne, it definetly is inspiration to me as i am where you were back then and want/need to grow to where you are now!

Comment

• Layne: How do you go against and beat other bodybuilders who are bigger than you???
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGlzl91-QU8

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatyana View Post
        I am sure Layne will correct me if I get any of this wrong.

Couple of things, there is very little or no experimentation with performance enhancing drugs in the US, unless they are related to a pathological process.

It is related to ethics approval.

Insulin is the anabolic hormone of nutrient storage, not GH.

GH increases protein synthesis, not the transport of amino acids into muscle. When insulin levels are high, GH is low and vice versa.

I would also think that the rate limiting step in amino acid transport would be the GLUT transporters, not necessarily the insulin.
        yea, pretty much lol
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Suss1 View Post
          Thanks Layne!
          Very impressive upper body vascularity and size! I see what you mean by the "no legs" comments I've heard you make in the past. But you sure have brought them up. Do you remember your height/weight for that show?
          i was 5'10.5 and 175 lbs there.
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtekt54 View Post
            Layne: How do you go against and beat other bodybuilders who are bigger than you???
            can you be more specific with your question? maybe it's so simple it's confusing me but I don't know exactly in what context you mean.

Being big is only one aspect of bodybuilding, being big doesn't mean anything if you don't have symmetry and aren't in condition. I've beaten many guys who outweighed me by 20 + lbs just because I was so much leaner than them
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
              i was 5'10.5 and 175 lbs there.
              and what was your weight at your last show?

Comment

• about 193-195
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• layne, is your goal to be >200lb LBM as a natural. Not many guys can hold 200lb LBM as a natural but it seems realistic for you!

Comment

• Layne,

I know you like to get psyched up when you lift. Do you ever get complaints from other gym members?

My workout partner and I get this at some gyms a lot.
                    www.ironbrendan.com

Comment

• Hey Layne,

I am a HUGE fan of the mini bulk/mini cut cycles. But have you ever tried surpluses on lift days and deficits on off days with some cardio?

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I am doing it right now and I'm actually getting stronger on the days that I lift and I lose fat on my off days (I know my recovery is somewhat limited), but dude, at the end of the week, I do caliper testing, and my lean mass goes up, with fat going down.

The benefit of this is that I never have to go into a REAL cutting cycle and sacrifice strength (I HATE squats + lower carbs).

It's pretty cool. Just curious if you've ever tried anything like this... Peace, man. Heal soon.

Comment

• Layne, came across some info in a mag about soy protein being better at reducing muscle damage after exercise than whey protein

I searched for the study and came across this...what do you think?

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=17596604

thanks
                        Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                        http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by IronBrendan View Post
                          Layne,

I know you like to get psyched up when you lift. Do you ever get complaints from other gym members?

My workout partner and I get this at some gyms a lot.
                          not so much anymore, most people in my gym know me and know that's just me doing what I do. They know I'm personable that's just how I like to lift. Some people give me dirty looks but the overwhelming amount of people that say something to me are positive about my way i lift
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

not so much anymore, most people in my gym know me and know that's just me doing what I do. They know I'm personable that's just how I like to lift. Some people give me dirty looks but the overwhelming amount of people that say something to me are positive about my way i lift

How tall are you?

Comment

• 5'10
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

As much as I like you man, I'd be giving you dirty looks too.

Comment

Working...
                                X