Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne,

I was watching your youtube videos of your front squatting and it seems to me that you take a crossed arm position when doing them. Is that right? Do you feel that to be optimal for doing this, verse doing them in more of a olympic style with findgers bent back to hold bar?

Also, when is your DVD coming out?
    "Strongman is an external view of how pissed off I really am at the world."

Comment

• Originally posted by GameofInches View Post
      Layne,

I was watching your youtube videos of your front squatting and it seems to me that you take a crossed arm position when doing them. Is that right? Do you feel that to be optimal for doing this, verse doing them in more of a olympic style with findgers bent back to hold bar?

Also, when is your DVD coming out?
      I'm not Layne by any stretch of the imagination but it's more of a comfort thing then an "optimal" thing.

If your wrists are flexible enough then do them oly style if you want but I know that grip destroys my wrists so I do them cross armed.
      www.boondocksmuscle.blogspot.com -My 2009 Contest Prep

Comment

• Originally posted by boondockmuscle View Post
        I'm not Layne by any stretch of the imagination but it's more of a comfort thing then an "optimal" thing.

If your wrists are flexible enough then do them oly style if you want but I know that grip destroys my wrists so I do them cross armed.
        Agreed. I cross arm because the other way is NOT comfortable and not even possible for me and my wrists.
        trueprotein.com discount code- JNG800

Comment

• I agree with you guys. However, whenever I walk the bar out of the rack I can't look down and see my feet position b/c the bar is right in front of me.
          "Strongman is an external view of how pissed off I really am at the world."

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            I think somewhere in between those 2 examples. maybe 400g CHO and 45g fat
            Cheers Layne, much appreciated
            Contest Prep, Muscle building- http://www.trainwithsklayne.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayBull View Post
              Agreed. I cross arm because the other way is NOT comfortable and not even possible for me and my wrists.
              bingo
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

update on my injury: saw the doc on monday. He felt the area and then asked me to resist him in several force exercises. I remember very vividly his response. He cocked his eyebrow and said "I'll be honest with you, I can't believe how fast you are healing." He said that at 8 weeks post op most people have a huge ball of scar tissue still in the area and he said that mine is very soft indicating that the scar tissue is being cleared out very effectively. He then prescribed a home electrical stimulation unit. I went to the trainer's room so their trainer could show me how to use it. The guy hooks it up to me and jacks it all the way up... so much force that it pulled my arm into my side. It felt like I had a spasm in my chest. I freaked out, I thought I had certainly torn it again with that much force. He said "oh no no no... EMS won't tear it" and send me on my way. On my way out I told the surgeon what happened and whether or not he wanted me putting that much stimulation on it and he said "NO NO NO NO! Just enough to make it flex" Good thing I asked him. In any case, the fact that such a tremendous force didn't tear the repair really makes me feel confident about how good it is. What can I say, my surgeon is a friggin' stud. He was just named a surgeon for the US Olympic team! I feel great 8 weeks post op and you can hardly see my scar.

On tuesday I did more smith machine squats. I could actually get my right hand into position for squats and did my warm up sets with both hands, but switched to one hand for my heavy sets... I didn't want to get heavy and then accidentally contract my chest.

working sets were

-325 X 5
                -345 X 5
                -365 X 5
                -385 X 5
                -405 X 5 (pictures)
                -425 X 5

felt really good

-Layne "determination, perseverance, resolution... THE RESURRECTION!"
                That's awesome, man. Someone said they're amazed how much weight you're using injured, frankly that's excellent weight injured or not.

Comment

• Layne, friggin awesome man! I can't imagine squatting that much weight with only one hand on the bar! Just goes to show your dedication to training and coming back from that injury.

Comment

• I think Layne's whole injury is an elaborate ruse. That's right, I'm calling you out Layne! Your'e lies won't work anymore, we know the truth! You're a bodybuilding machine sent from the future, sent to decimate the bodybuilders of the past in competition
                    I min/max my physique

Comment

• you know what's funny is some guy actually accused me of being 'happy' about being injured because i am an attention hound.

yup, ya got me... exactly what i was trying to do. I put that bar down to my chest and said "please tear please tear please... YES!"

People are hilarious
                      BioLayne LLC
                      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

you know what's funny is some guy actually accused me of being 'happy' about being injured because i am an attention hound.

yup, ya got me... exactly what i was trying to do. I put that bar down to my chest and said "please tear please tear please... YES!"

People are hilarious
                        LOL! Jeez, you'd have to be pretty desperate to be that much of an attention whore. The dude's obviously not a passionate bodybuilder; If he was, he'd realize that not working out is one of the worst things for a dedicated gym rat.

Comment

• Good stuff there Layne!
                          I'm not sure which is the better news. The fact that it's healing so fast or the lack of scar tissue. Shoot I get scars from paper cuts
                          Excellent excellent news. Should make that honeymoon much more enjoyable knowing that you can move your arm around more.
                          Assistant to the regional manager.
                          Iron8 approved

Comment

• Hey layne you must be packing and geting ready to leave for your wedding/honeymoon. in case I can't log in the next few days just want to wish you a unforgetable time in PR and that this new phase of your life be the happiest for both of you.

PS
                            don't forget the repelant for the mosquitoes and the earplugs for the coqui frogs (they wont let you sleep).

Comment

• Good luck with your upcoming wedding bro

Comment

• Whats up layne,
                                I was in exercise physiology class a couple months ago and my professor told us that glucose could not be converted and stored as adipose tissue in the body. He said that according to recent studies the human body does not have the metabolic pathways to convert glucose into fat. I obviously raised my hand and questioned this as it is the opposite of what I have always learned. Even my anatomy and physiology book says it clear as day that excess blood borne glucose is readily converted to adipose tissue. Anyways, my professor said it is common knowledge within the exercise physiology community that glucose cannot be converted to fat and that it is too new to be in our text books. I didn't feel like arguing with him. I know you are working on your PHD and thus active in the scientific community so I was wondering if you could shed some light on the subject. To the best of your knowledge can glucose be stored as fat or not? Thanks man.
                                Up the dose, Lift the most!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X