Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• layne,
    congrats on the wedding! I also wanted to congratulate you on your article in Muscle News on protein thermogenisis. It was a great read!

Comment

• Congratulations!!!
      Jeff Rodriguez
      www.jrodfitness.com

Comment

• congrats Layne and mrs Layne
        Troponin Nutritionist

Comment

• Congrats dude - have a good one!

Comment

• Congrats bro !

Comment

• Hey Layne, I was wondering how being a natural bodybuilder has helped you as far as fiances go? Feel free to answer when you get back from your honeymoon. Have a great time and congrats.

Comment

• This question is NOT directed at Layne, who I hope is having a wonderful time with his new wife, but, rather, at the other knowledgeable members of this thread. Here's the question:

I'm 12 days out from my first show and very confused about carb loading/depleting. Right now I'm on 75g daily (2/3 cup buckwheat in morning, 3 oz yam post workout, and 2 cups brocolli spread throughout other meals). Layne says nothing drastic as far as carb loading/depleting. What would Peak Weak look like for somebody who doesn't want to do anything radical? Also, I will not be super shredded (only about 6-7% bf probably).

Also, I am wondering about protein intake the day of the show. Layne says small bites of chicken every two hours, but what about breakfast? Should i have my usual shake and/or 10 egg whites? Thanks guys,

Sam.

Comment

• i'm back! got a ton of shit to sort through in addition to preparing my speech for the issn on monday but I thought I'd share this humerous email I received with you all...

"Dude how can you possibly look decent drinking 66oz of water the day of the show?!? You must not have much experience in competing!"

It's more like 200 oz of water actually, and I'm guessing this guy has never seen pictures of some of the guys on my team
                  BioLayne LLC
                  PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Layne I shot you a pm, I thought u were back already since you were posting in other sections. Whenever youg et to it, I appreciate it. My bad bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                      I just wrote something about this on another forum

Post contest is a very difficult situation and if you go on a full out bulk post contest you are going to do nothing but get fat. Usually what I do is take the carb amount that the person was taking in before the show and add 50g to it, while keeping protein & fat the same, maybe slightly higher on fat. After they stop gaining weight from this; I add in another 20g of carbs & 5g of fat, when they stop gaining weight on that; I add another 25g of carbs and so on and so forth. typically it takes about 10-16 weeks to get back into a full blown offseason; but done right, the fat gain can be kept to a minimum

this was also posted by madman911 on my forum and I thought it was right on target

"We've all heard of the anabolic rebound after contest prep, and many gurus advocate eating like a horse immediately after a contest to take advantage of the huge lean gains possible during this period, but I gotta agree with Layne that it doesn't work that way. The body wants to get back to its baseline body fat levels ASAP, that will always be the body's first order of business when your body fat is literally at starvation levels. I don't agree with the assertion that the body tends toward lean mass gains when body fat is low, I believe that the body likely gains lean mass most efficiently when a threshold level of body fat is achieved. When the body is satisfied that it is no longer in immediate danger of starvation, then an environment promoting lean mass gains is created. The ultimate goal should be to gradually bring the body up to that threshold level of body fat in a slow, controlled way without exceeding what is necessary to promote muscle growth. Many bodybuilders no doubt believe they are gaining tons of lean mass post-contest (not saying that's you quelly, you seem smarter than that), when, in reality, they are adding 2 points to their body fat each week. Going from 5% to 10% bodyfat in the first 2-3 weeks post-contest seems very common and I'm sure most guys think they're packing on slabs of muscle and they are just 'holding water' post-contest and that's why they're looking smooth again.... Nope, you're just 5% fatter."
                      Layne- what do you do about cardio post contest, since by the end of the diet you could be doing 50-60 min of cardio a day..

Comment

• just like calories... i slowly wean the person off of cardio
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Are you going to be at the NPC Indianapolis this Saturday?
                          I min/max my physique

Comment

• no, going to vegas to speak at the ISSN conference
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• I was supposed to go but I couldn't afford the $800 the trip would cost me

next year
                              MorphogenNutrition.com
                              Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Overtraining?

hey layne kinda general training question, i train 5days a week,
                                Mon- chest and front delts
                                Tues Back and Rear Delts
                                Weds Quads
                                Thurs Arms
                                Fri Hamstrings and side delts
                                Sat Cardio and Rear delts again

i take ZMA to increase sleep effeciency and universal torrent postworkout is this overtraining for a natural athlete who is 21? if you need it i weight 184 and am 6'1 i seem to be getting bigger but not making huge weight gains
                                New-Man Nutrition
                                Live Free, Train Hard

Comment

Working...
                                X