Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great slideshow Layne...other than a few slides I could actually understand it haha.

I am very interested in your future research to prove the BCAA theory.
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Great presentation Layne. I love that you're calling into question excepted bodybuilding dogma, here.

Don't know if you realize, but on slide 4 you've typed "based on" twice in a row (not trying to be a dick--just saying in case you didn't pick it up).

Comment

• I know that you tend to prefer people eating their meals larger intervals like 4-6 hrs apart. I usually eat mine around 2 hrs apart, 3 hrs the most. The reason I do this is b/c I usually am very hungry at this point. Mind you I am bulking right now, but do you think I should force myself to wait the 4 hrs or can I get at the 2hr. mark? Thanks!
        "Strongman is an external view of how pissed off I really am at the world."

Comment

• Great presentation Layne!

I love the picture of Bob Chic with the giant chicken breast on a fork

Comment

• Excellent Presentation!

Very information.

Thank you for post it....

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
              rock on, thanks
              Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
              http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by GameofInches View Post
                I know that you tend to prefer people eating their meals larger intervals like 4-6 hrs apart. I usually eat mine around 2 hrs apart, 3 hrs the most. The reason I do this is b/c I usually am very hungry at this point. Mind you I am bulking right now, but do you think I should force myself to wait the 4 hrs or can I get at the 2hr. mark? Thanks!
                if you started eating less frequently after a few weeks you would not be hungry
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by west View Post
                  Great presentation Layne. I love that you're calling into question excepted bodybuilding dogma, here.

Don't know if you realize, but on slide 4 you've typed "based on" twice in a row (not trying to be a dick--just saying in case you didn't pick it up).
                  you dick

LOL. i'm a scientist for gods sakes... not an english teacher! in all seriousness good catch, no one said anything at the show... probably because i was speaking at the same time.
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Oh, sorry dude, I didn't realize you'd already given the presentation. Pointing that out isn't much use now...

Comment

• hey layne,

most people say to avoid fats around a workout(pre-workout) , y is that? , does it have to do with stomach discomfort? hormone levels or gh output? never found a soild answer concerining this , any thoughts?

Comment

• decreases growth hormone output, additionally, pre & post workout are usually the highest carb meals... not a good idea to have a bunch of carbs and then throw a lot of fat on top of that
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Layne,

I believe you recommend cycling off creatine every so often.

Will citrulline malate interfere with trying to unsaturate the cells of creatine, or are they two independent things?

Comment

• Ok guys time for updated pics. These pics were taken 13 weeks post op. I've had my sling off for 6.5 weeks at this point.

relaxed

front dub

front lat

left side chest

left side tri

rear dub

-Layne
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• rear lat

right side chest

right side tri

abs & thighs

most muscular

crab most muscular

weighing about 215 lbs here.

-Layne
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• wow, you have to be incredibly pleased with how balanced your physique has stayed throughout all of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X